HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 11:09 AM

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 11:13 AM

1369 Spring Street

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 12:17 PM

Very nice, but no start date,,,so...Eviva, Opus, etc....

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 12:40 PM

If the 50 Allen Plaza proposal is real, it’s a serious let down from prior renderings. Hope they reevaluate and put forth something more stunning for such a prominent site.

Need more elevations to really decide. What’s up with the trees on every floor on the right end? Is that end open with each floor having an outside plaza?

The Spring proposal really depends on the parking deck material. It could be stunning but has the potential to really be hideous based on what the material is.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
If the 50 Allen Plaza proposal is real, it’s a serious let down from prior renderings. Hope they reevaluate and put forth something more stunning for such a prominent site.

Need more elevations to really decide. What’s up with the trees on every floor on the right end? Is that end open with each floor having an outside plaza?

The Spring proposal really depends on the parking deck material. It could be stunning but has the potential to really be hideous based on what the material is.
1 million percent agree....

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 1:19 PM

The Spring St building appears to have trees growing inside on every floor as well? WTF?!

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 1:54 PM

The 1369 Spring project is not too bad, other that the obvious parking deck.

However, the downtown project is disappointing. It's just unimaginative, especially for this prime location.
Taking a rectangular box and adding a few exterior wall angles with some slight variations in glass while throwing in some glorified indoor plants does not constitute good design in my opinion.
Looks like they just checked off some boxes from some developer design manual to dress up an ordinary box – “You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still just a pig”

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post

We must agree to disagree-- I think 50 Allen Plaza is an improvement design-wise from the original concept-- That said this guy has an extremely poor track record of actually predicting real projects. Willing to bet he found this on some architect's website as a study done years ago-- So take it all with the proverbial grain of salt--

That parking deck on the Spring St. Bldg IS pretty awful though--

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 3:46 PM

I think that 50 Allen Plaza render looks awesome. Would make a huge impact on the DT skyline coming down the connector.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 3:49 PM

They look like conceptual renderings done for the developer who intends to hold the property until the right development opportunity arises. That's pretty much what Drapac has indicated anyway regarding the Atlanta property they purchased.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
They look like conceptual renderings done for the developer who intends to hold the property until the right development opportunity arises. That's pretty much what Drapac has indicated anyway regarding the Atlanta property they purchased.
That’s correct. These were made to promote the sites. Drapac is just looking to make money off flipping their properties.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
That’s correct. These were made to promote the sites. Drapac is just looking to make money off flipping their properties.
They appear to be rendered with the 'Sim City' rendering engine--

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
They appear to be rendered with the 'Sim City' rendering engine--
Looks like there were pulled from a renderer/visualization website's portfolio for Duda Paine.

They have all since been removed, but they follow the same style of NCR's renderings shown on the site.

As others have noted, a lot of these posts have to be treated as speculative and more for marketing purposes only. They're not usually meant for the public to view.

http://topsidefront.com/

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 9:14 PM
BANNED

Wow! These are beautiful projects. Are these real, or do they need anchor tenants to proceed?

Also, where exactly are they located/

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Wow! These are beautiful projects. Are these real, or do they need anchor tenants to proceed?

Also, where exactly are they located/
Unconfirmed if they're real or not but they're all attributed to Duda Pain (same architect as NCR) if you do a reverse image search for each.

They've since been pulled off the visualization artist's website so they were probably supposed to be confidential for marketing those properties to a prospective tenant, financer, or buyer.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 12:21 AM

I still like the original tower design by Pichard Chilton. they designed the E&Y office and the W hotel / condo.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 1:14 AM

50 Allen to me is the most impactful project for Downtown since the 90s. It has potential to really make a statement in such a prime location. I do like the fact that the images we've seen show they're going for bulkiness, but I do agree they need to take some time to ensure the design they end up building will be worthy of such a prime location.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
50 Allen to me is the most impactful project for Downtown since the 90s. It has potential to really make a statement in such a prime location. I do like the fact that the images we've seen show they're going for bulkiness, but I do agree they need to take some time to ensure the design they end up building will be worthy of such a prime location.
I agree with this. If the angles were sharpened just a bit and the crown was more of a shard, I think i they’d have something really special on their hands

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 9:58 PM

So the construction crew for The Mark installed a temporary pedestrian HAWK signal at Peachtree place and Spring Street. Why can’t the city do this proactively at other dangerous unsignalized intersections across Midtown until they are able to install Permanent traffic/HAWK signals? Like 13th and W. Peachtree

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
So the construction crew for The Mark installed a temporary pedestrian HAWK signal at Peachtree place and Spring Street. Why can’t the city do this proactively at other dangerous unsignalized intersections across Midtown until they are able to install Permanent traffic/HAWK signals? Like 13th and W. Peachtree
This is great news! Crazy how few traffic lights and stop signs Atlanta has in its densest neighborhoods with decent street grids.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations