HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > 2010 Olympic Winter Games [Archive]

Old Posted Feb 11, 2010, 8:30 PM

Olympic Street Banners on sale at Unicef for Haiti relief

They're a bit pricey, starting at $350.00 for a set:

https://www.shopunicef.ca/ec/Portal....0#2010Olympics

Old Posted Feb 11, 2010, 9:37 PM

The single paralympic ones are $150 and the plain blue and green ones are $250. I was hoping just to get a single olympic one for $150...$350 is kind of pricey, but I guess it's for a good cause. I wonder if you get a tax receipt? haha

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 2:10 PM

Olympic Street Banners

If you are still interested in purchasing Olympic street banners in support of UNICEF's work in Haiti, they are available for online pre-sale until March 31.
And - we've reduced the price on 6 designs which are now only $75/set!
Visit www.shopunicef.ca/streetbanners and get your online order in before March 31!

Angelique Richardson
UNICEF Canada

Old Posted Mar 18, 2010, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicef2010 View Post
If you are still interested in purchasing Olympic street banners in support of UNICEF's work in Haiti, they are available for online pre-sale until March 31.
Visit www.shopunicef.ca/streetbanners and get your online order in before March 31!

Angelique Richardson
UNICEF Canada
Any chance any more of this one will be made available or is that it?

https://www.shopunicef.ca/ec/Portal....N=EC5A9FC27FCB

Also, are you selling all of the banners or is the city selling any of them another way?

Old Posted Mar 18, 2010, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicef2010 View Post

Angelique Richardson
UNICEF Canada
Wow! Thanks for the updated information. I just ordered a pair of the reduced price ones, and am very excited. For just placing on a wall in our den, I actually like the idea of the ones that are a bit more subtle so this works well.

In addition to the question above, do you know when they'll ship? I received a default "7 to 10 business day" message about delivery in the confirmation when I placed the order. But I suspect that mean 7 to 10 business days from when the banners are all taken down, packaged, and then shipped out since a number of them are still up about town. So I'm thinking it may be a month or two before the orders are sent. Is that assumption correct?

Old Posted Mar 18, 2010, 8:58 PM

If your priority is to get banners, rather than help Haiti , City of Richmond will be selling its Olympic banners and fence wraps at similar prices in April. Most of them are the same as Vancouver's, but some are unique to Richmond. The one that G.O.B. wants is included in the PDF:

http://www.richmond.ca/news/city/streetbanners.htm

http://www.richmond.ca/__shared/assets/banners25615.pdf

Old Posted Mar 18, 2010, 9:17 PM
Blazed Member - Citygater

why is OUR OLYMPICS supporting a FOREIGN CAUSE? WTF? the funds raised should stay here in BC.........

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > 2010 Olympic Winter Games [Archive]