HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 12:22 AM
Show me the blueprints

Welcome aboard... nice gif

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 2:50 PM

this is great ^^^

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 7:32 PM

Nice change with Gallagher Way. Meanwhile there is a monotonous wall of mediocrity now lining Clark Street from Addison south. Bland uniformity compared to the visual diversity that existed before. I wish the older buildings had been incorporated into the development.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 1:40 PM

I've yet to venture down to the new Wrigleyville area and It looks pretty nice in pictures but man, seeing those old street views really makes me miss the old character. Lots of good memories there.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 1:46 PM

Double post

Last edited by rgarri4; Apr 2, 2020 at 1:46 PM. Reason: double post

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
Nice change with Gallagher Way. Meanwhile there is a monotonous wall of mediocrity now lining Clark Street from Addison south. Bland uniformity compared to the visual diversity that existed before. I wish the older buildings had been incorporated into the development.
Agreed - The redevelopment north of Addison is so good, so pedestrian orriented and engaging and the absolute letdown south of Addison is a shocking disappointment. I mean this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and it's a literal failure of planning, architecture, public engagement and lease up. Just terrible. It's possibly worse than Block 37.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0 View Post
Agreed - The redevelopment north of Addison is so good, so pedestrian orriented and engaging and the absolute letdown south of Addison is a shocking disappointment. I mean this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and it's a literal failure of planning, architecture, public engagement and lease up. Just terrible. It's possibly worse than Block 37.
I'd say definitely. The pedestrian experience is so aggressively bad and in such an important cultural area for Chicago that it almost feels like it was built with malicious intent...

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 8:27 PM
BANNED

That's so fucking sad. I was a season ticket holder for years.
I used to go to those places. Goose Island and Mullens

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 10:31 PM
Show me the blueprints

If it was built like what the original renderings showed it wouldn't be so bad. It got VE murdered and we got stiffed.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 1:20 AM
BANNED

Extremely ugly area.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:

While rather bland along Clark it's a dramatic improvement along Addison which had all the pedestrian charm of walking through an abandoned industrial alley. Now people actually want to walk along the south side of Addison instead of actively avoiding it.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2020, 2:44 AM
Making Chicago Memorable.

Quote:
In 2010, I saw Alderman Tom Tunney at Ann Sather's and told him I thought the south development was terrible. He said we needed tax revenue during the day and not just at night and that it would attract other types of consumers. I found him patronizing. There was no community engagement. The project was on hold after the last recession and unfortunately was built just before the recession we are entering into.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2020, 9:39 AM

Did they ever build that climbing gym where the taco bell was?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 4:17 PM

Quote:
I had not seen the area in a few years but ventured recently and was surprised by how it looked. In addition to the poorly thought out new construction, there were holes in the streetscape for beer gardens or parking where vintage buildings once stood. Maybe some of that is temporary? I don't know, but it simply wasn't what it should be

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWillChicago View Post
Did they ever build that climbing gym where the taco bell was?
I drove by there a week or so ago and the site is cleared and ready for construction.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 3:12 PM

They were doing a little work on the site 2 weeks ago. Thought I saw a drilling rig. Same with the new CVS east of Clark. Haven't seen activity on either since last week.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 6:19 PM

Wrigleyville Taco Bell Replacement Climbs Above Ground

The former Taco Bell is no more. In its place, a small retail space that was reported to include a climbing gym, is under construction.

Source: @WrigleyAerials

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 9:03 PM

tearing down this taco bell was once considered a big problem. what fools we were

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 12:27 PM

Is this new building going to look like what was previously proposed (https://chicago.curbed.com/2018/2/12...planet-granite) or is it going to be a smaller strip mall looking building with parking in front?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 2:24 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLibertine View Post
Is this new building going to look like what was previously proposed (https://chicago.curbed.com/2018/2/12...planet-granite) or is it going to be a smaller strip mall looking building with parking in front?
Same as initially proposed, I believe. They're just erecting the steel starting from the back first, so they can do it all with a smaller crane.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development