Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 6:20 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

119yr old grand st bridge in maspeth to be replaced —

https://qns.com/2024/04/sen-schumer-...street-bridge/

The Grand Street Bridge - Photo courtesy of BridgesNYC

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 6:24 PM
Show me the blueprints

^^^

$300,000,000 sounds preposterously high.

Insanity.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:48 PM
YIMBY co-founder

$300M for replacing that bridge? How?
$30M ought to get you a titanium version.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:16 PM
Show me the blueprints

That's what I'd like to know. It's absurd. No wonder NYC can't build anything.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:24 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

sneak peek at the new pay by plate parking meters —

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5gL9...N4dW8zOHlxOXp0

Old Posted Today, 3:48 PM
No grabbing my banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
^ i have a tour of the brooklyn army terminal coming up next month and i am going to take the ferry from wall to bay ridge so looking forward to that route. the best route i took was clason point in the bx to wall st it was a spectactular ride.

as for the si ferry yes there is and has always been an annoying statue hawker scrum in front of the whitehall ferry station. my only advice is to not look like a tourist and walk with purpose like you know where you are going. since we moved to staten and im there all the time i notice i rarely if ever get approached or bothered by them anymore, but i cant say what exactly im doing differently other than i guess exuding confidence — sorry lol.
Let us know how the Army Terminal tour goes. There's a Makerspace NYC facility there, though there's one much closer to you in SI. Makerspace allows you to access metalworking and woodworking tools to work on projects, which is perfect for NYC because we don't have a ton of space to keep tools around.

And yeah, I did have a slight look of confusion on my face, but certainly not because I was looking to go to the Statue. There was a brief squall that forced everyone indoors, and I was looking for the elevator and places to sit to eat our lunch.

But seriously, fuck some of those hawkers. After I told one of them "we don't need your help, thank you", he started laying on some ethnic slurs at us. Great business model, asshole. I really should have taken his name and his company down to either report him to the company, or if he refused to give me his name, give a bad Google review of the company. Also, the same guy got into a fight with some other hawkers because apparently not even the other hawkers like him.

Old Posted Today, 4:31 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ oh geez i am sorry to hear that. the only thing worse than the pushy hawkers and the lunatics are the pushy lunatics.

the nypd does sweep through there occassionaly and run them out, but they always come back. ugh.

and yes we do have makerpark nearby in stapleton. its great and they have fun events. wfmu gets all the non profit alternative radio buzz, but makerpark radio is also terrific (as is the lot radio in w’burg).

https://makerparkradio.nyc/

Old Posted Today, 7:23 PM
No grabbing my banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
^ oh geez i am sorry to hear that. the only thing worse than the pushy hawkers and the lunatics are the pushy lunatics.

the nypd does sweep through there occassionaly and run them out, but they always come back. ugh.

and yes we do have makerpark nearby in stapleton. its great and they have fun events. wfmu gets all the non profit alternative radio buzz, but makerpark radio is also terrific (as is the lot radio in w’burg).

https://makerparkradio.nyc/
Yeah, they're just more of an annoyance during an otherwise nice day by the Battery.

Thanks for letting me know about Makerpark Radio. Lots of interesting programming and variety.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation