HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Sep 20, 2022, 9:39 PM

Funny, I just moved out of Malvern 4 months ago...good riddance though. I wanted to go to Liberty Property Trust in Malvern...but they don't exist anymore!

Old Posted Sep 20, 2022, 10:26 PM

I've always dreamt of exiting 30th Street station and seeing a line of 300-400 footers down JFK. It will be a stunning vista.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 11:09 AM

So do we have any photos of actual drilling, digging, or site prep?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 2:46 PM

Wasn't able to get photos but can confirm very preliminary site work is going on, three trees were cut down yesterday and there were a bunch of guys there today clearing the lot.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieman View Post
Wasn't able to get photos but can confirm very preliminary site work is going on, three trees were cut down yesterday and there were a bunch of guys there today clearing the lot.
Can confirm, drove by this morning.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 7:15 PM

I took this pic yesterday afternoon. This absolutely confirms that site prep is ongoing, as the mature trees that once stood on the lot have been cut down. Additionally, fencing has been erected:

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 9:10 PM

Thank you all so much. This will be a difficult property to follow as any excavation will not be visible from the address. It is wonderful to have dedicated people to keep us up to date with what is happening.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 9:43 PM

I really wonder what the portion facing 23rd street below the tracks will look like. Hopefully there’s an entrance there and not just off JFK. Having an entrance off 23rd will be huge for giving the underpass there a better feel at night.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 4:00 PM

Signs of Activity Near the Tracks for Curvy Logan Square Tower Proposal

Read/view more here:
https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...tower-proposal

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 1:27 PM

2301 JFK by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 2:04 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
This picture illustrates how narrow the lot is for the project.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 3:17 PM

I’m surprised we’re not seeing more hotels being incorporated into some projects. This is close to museums and business core and right across from 30th st station. A hotel here seems like a no brainer. We’re going to need a lot more hotels in 2026 but doesn’t really seem like we’ll be getting any new rooms.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayormccheese View Post
I’m surprised we’re not seeing more hotels being incorporated into some projects. This is close to museums and business core and right across from 30th st station. A hotel here seems like a no brainer.
Not to mention its accessibility to Penn, Drexel, HUP, CHOP, University City generally, etc.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 3:42 PM

The red skyscraper in the Schuylkill Yards is going to be large. I bet a hotel goes in there.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 5:22 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayormccheese View Post
I’m surprised we’re not seeing more hotels being incorporated into some projects. This is close to museums and business core and right across from 30th st station. A hotel here seems like a no brainer. We’re going to need a lot more hotels in 2026 but doesn’t really seem like we’ll be getting any new rooms.
Yea, Center City needs a few major hotel projects, and soon if 2026 is the target opening.

Any of the remaining parking lots along JFK, Market, Chestnut, Sansom would be great spots for hotels.

A dream, but I'd like to see a boutique hotel brand (or condo/hotel combo) at the burned out hole at 17th & Walnut.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
The red skyscraper in the Schuylkill Yards is going to be large. I bet a hotel goes in there.
I think 3001 JFK is just office and lab space

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 5:26 PM
Philly Rising Up!

As as host city of the 2026 World Cup, and determination that more hotel rooms will be needed in the city, these projects better get started soon, since any big high rise hotel will take on average 3-5 years to get completed...

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 6:39 PM

I'd say with the pace of construction, the Laurel, 3025 JFK, 1620 Sansom, 2301 JFK, and One Dock Street should all be done by then. Maybe even Cathedral Square Phase 2 as well!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2022, 2:02 AM

I LOVE this project. It fills in a very odd piece of land and will help tame this stretch of JFK, which can feel like a highway after 20th. The design is good, the height is fine. The juxtaposition against the river and 30th St Station is really cool. This will also look great approaching the City on 76, especially when all the U/C projects in the area are finished + the new CHOP tower.

Also, the PECO tower parking lot is getting to be ridiculous, becoming almost totally surrounded by new development. Why can't they sell/lease to a developer and use parking in the new project? They are squandering an increasingly valuable slice of real estate.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2022, 2:26 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I LOVE this project. It fills in a very odd piece of land and will help tame this stretch of JFK, which can feel like a highway after 20th. The design is good, the height is fine. The juxtaposition against the river and 30th St Station is really cool. This will also look great approaching the City on 76, especially when all the U/C projects in the area are finished + the new CHOP tower.

Also, the PECO tower parking lot is getting to be ridiculous, becoming almost totally surrounded by new development. Why can't they sell/lease to a developer and use parking in the new project? They are squandering an increasingly valuable slice of real estate.
I agree this is a great project, and very interesting one at that.

What's sad though is the Philly Development group is going crazy about this project because of the

"Cutdown of trees on the lot"

"View from the sidewalk of UC is blocked"

"This building pushes working class people out the city"

And another comment I always see on all new development posts about high-rises is

"Who is filling up these buildings, a majority of them are empty so who's occupying them?"

Do people in that group live in Philly or have they never left their 1 mile radius from their home?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction