HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 20, 2022, 10:05 PM

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 1:09 AM

This is very good. These mall properties have so much space for housing and so many other uses (in this case, outpatient facilities for a hospital).

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 4:29 PM

SEPTA board votes to move forward with acquisition of 70 properties for King of Prussia rail project

Quote:
SEPTA's board of directors voted on Thursday to move forward with the acquisition of 70 sites to make way for its proposed King of Prussia Rail Line project.

The 70 sites are located on or around the rail line's proposed path and would allow the transportation agency to build out the rail line itself, as well as associated train stations and parking facilities. The project is estimated to cost $2 billion.

The four-mile King of Prussia Rail Line will include five stations and will be an extension of the Norristown High Speed Line, which runs from the Norristown Transportation Center to the 69th Street Transportation Center in Upper Darby, where the Market-Frankford Line picks up. SEPTA has long voiced its goal of using the rail to connect the region's three largest employment hubs — Center City, University City and King of Prussia.

Stops on the King of Prussia Rail Line will be at Moore Road, American Avenue, Mall Boulevard, Allendale Road and Henderson Road, all in King of Prussia.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=4#cxrecs_s

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 4:45 PM

New plans for the Uptown Worthington development in Malvern. Looks great!

PDF:
https://theuptownworthington.com/wp-...d-Brochure.pdf

https://theuptownworthington.com/

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 6:45 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

PDF:

Good news, Uptown Worthington always felt like a missed opportunity.

It could (and should) resemble another version of the Village at Valley Forge. And it would be nice to spread outside of KoP.

And it could actually be walkable to the massive Vanguard campus.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 2:17 PM
Me?!?

Airport Square shopping center in Montco acquired by New York firm for $82.5M

The 298,719 square-foot retail center at 801 Bethlehem Pike was bought by a fund advised by Wafra, Inc., a New York investment firm. The retail center is 98% occupied...

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...meryville.html

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 8:12 PM
Chris

HQ at 701 Market Street (I think).

20 years after it launched, Five Below's CEO has his sights set on 'triple-double' expansion

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...expansion.html

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 4:14 PM

Old Posted Sep 28, 2022, 2:35 PM
Chris

While rising rates cool other housing markets, Philadelphia leads the nation in bidding wars

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-war-rate.html

Of 36 metro areas included in a new analysis from Seattle-based real estate firm Redfin (NASDAQ: RDFN), Philadelphia had the highest percentage of offers face competition in August at 61.7%, up from 60.2% during the same month last year. Every other market in the U.S. saw home-buying competition decline over the same period, with rising mortgage rates causing the national bidding-war rate to drop to its lowest level since April 2020 at 44.6%.

Lisa Yakulis, a Main Line agent with Kurfiss Sotheby’s International Realty, said home demand in the area remains just as competitive it was during the hot spring market. She's seen properties spark bidding wars in each of the last two weekends, with both homes located in Bryn Mawr.

One home Yakulis listed on a Wednesday and chose not to do any open houses because of the activity she saw pre-market. The home went active that Friday with 15 showings, and it had six offers that night. It was listed in the lower $1 million range and went "way above asking," Yakulis said.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 2:30 AM
America's Hometown

Quote:

PDF:

They need to do something because what is there now seems very sad. The Wegmans isn't even that busy for a Wegmans. You go back to the retail past the Target and you wonder if anyone goes in there.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 2:35 AM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
Nah I am in the Philly area and haven't lived in HBG in a long time but still have family and friends there so still connected to it...I have a love/hate relationship with it and the changes over the years have been interesting to watch.
It's how I feel about Norristown.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 1:49 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRising View Post
They need to do something because what is there now seems very sad. The Wegmans isn't even that busy for a Wegmans. You go back to the retail past the Target and you wonder if anyone goes in there.
The Wegmans does seem to be getting busier but I sometimes wonder how that Target has stayed in business, as I have been out that way on a weekend and stopped in and it's dead for a Target. And yes I agree about past the Target and I wonder how many people even know that section even exists?

But it's clear that the area continues to head upward and I do foresee a bit of a boom soon so it will only get busier.

Quote:
It's how I feel about Norristown.
I totally get that, as I feel the same about Norristown now as well.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Tangentially related topic: The new Amazon Fresh store in Broomall doesn't seem to be drawing much interest. After a big, well-stocked, well-attended opening day, my last two visits (admittedly somewhat early, after 9:30 AM) have seen a handful of cars in the lot, lots of out-of-stock items, and no prepared foods (at least at the afore-mentioned hour). I have to wonder whether the "no checkout" shopping and biometric scanners creep out others as much as they bother me. It's as if the Statsi decided to open a grocery in East Berlin.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 5:32 PM

A snippet on redevelopment of a couple parcels along Wayne's main drag (Lancaster Avenue) from the Blog "Savvy Main Line."

Great looking upgrades, in my book:

https://savvymainline.com/2022/09/29...ues-lots-more/

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 5:56 PM

^My kind of generic, but handsome infill. We need more of this in the city proper. Modern stuff that has no sense of neighborhood or historic context is not going to wear well.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 5:57 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanRevival View Post
A snippet on redevelopment of a couple parcels along Wayne's main drag (Lancaster Avenue) from the Blog "Savvy Main Line."

Great looking upgrades, in my book:

https://savvymainline.com/2022/09/29...ues-lots-more/
Awesome. Hopefully these plans move forward without issue. These projects (along with the new Boyds) are the boost downtown Wayne needs.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 7:34 PM

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 9:06 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
SEPTA board votes to move forward with acquisition of 70 properties for King of Prussia rail project

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 1:24 AM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
The Wegmans does seem to be getting busier but I sometimes wonder how that Target has stayed in business, as I have been out that way on a weekend and stopped in and it's dead for a Target. And yes I agree about past the Target and I wonder how many people even know that section even exists?

But it's clear that the area continues to head upward and I do foresee a bit of a boom soon so it will only get busier.

I totally get that, as I feel the same about Norristown now as well.
My Target in Lionville is always busy and it's only 3 miles from the Target in Exton.

I ventured back past that Target this summer and was like...this has been a total waste. I mean it's still better than the abandoned rolling mill it replaced but still...it's right next to 202. It shouldn't be hard to fix. A lot of housing has gone up in that area but the retail centers along Route 29 just seem to not be getting in gear.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 1:29 AM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Tangentially related topic: The new Amazon Fresh store in Broomall doesn't seem to be drawing much interest. After a big, well-stocked, well-attended opening day, my last two visits (admittedly somewhat early, after 9:30 AM) have seen a handful of cars in the lot, lots of out-of-stock items, and no prepared foods (at least at the afore-mentioned hour). I have to wonder whether the "no checkout" shopping and biometric scanners creep out others as much as they bother me. It's as if the Statsi decided to open a grocery in East Berlin.
The Whole Foods in Newtown Square was busy as heck when it first opened pre Covid but the novelty wore off and I suspect those living below Route 3 and east of 252 migrated back to Acme and Giant. I will say the prepared food section in that store is very well run...much better than the the Exton store that always looks sad...food always out and what little is left looks like it's been out there all day. Also, that new Giant in Broomall probably gets a lot of customers. I only went into that new LA Fitness attached to it...but the store looked nice too. It seems kind of weird Amazon would open that store when they already had the Whole Foods in the same area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations