HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Arthaus in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 16, 2021, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontst17 View Post
Not sure anything from them is relevant
The quote from my original post from the RCP article includes links from local sources such as centercityphilly.org, WHYY, and Philly Magazine. I guess they are not relevant either...chortle

Last edited by Raymond LuxuryYacht; Jul 16, 2021 at 6:09 PM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2021, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond LuxuryYacht View Post
The quote from my original post from the RCP article includes links from local sources such as centercityphilly.org, WHYY, and Philly Magazine. I guess they are not relevant either...chortle
And to think I was complaining about how low-quality the Inquirer has gotten! We're posting garbage from third-rate partisan blog sites now? RCP can quote whatever sources they want. It's not going to covet up their obvious agenda. So yes. It's completely irrelevant.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2021, 9:58 PM

Quote:

Old Posted Jul 16, 2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
And to think I was complaining about how low-quality the Inquirer has gotten! We're posting garbage from third-rate partisan blog sites now? RCP can quote whatever sources they want. It's not going to covet up their obvious agenda. So yes. It's completely irrelevant.

According to you of course....you fail to provide any substantial disagreement with what was posted...just partisan disagreement over something that wasn't partisan in nature: an article about crime affecting occupancy rates....my goodness.

Last edited by Raymond LuxuryYacht; Jul 16, 2021 at 11:01 PM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
That's best you got?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2021, 2:27 AM

Quote:
...you fail to provide any substantial disagreement with what was posted...just partisan disagreement over something that wasn't partisan in nature.
I'm sorry I couldn't trouble myself to bother with addressing the blog post from the blatantly partisan crap site. At a glance it seems to be rambling on about some side effects of lock down that effected suburban office parks and central business districts across the country. Funny they seem to neglect the effects on suburban office parks or basically anywhere outside 17 buildings in center city. It's almost as though they have an agenda to push...

There are certainly going to be some long term ramifications to how office space is utilized in this country, but to try to get any insight about that from a side like RCP is folly.

But the poor quality of the source is besides the point
The quote you posted is completely irrelevant because it's pushing a partisan narrative about office space vacancy and this building is a lux residential highrise. Different markets. As the article you posted is so off topic as to be comical, I'm done posing about it. Feel free to have a conversation with yourself though.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2021, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
I'm sorry I couldn't trouble myself to bother with addressing the blog post from the blatantly partisan crap site. At a glance it seems to be rambling on about some side effects of lock down that effected suburban office parks and central business districts across the country. Funny they seem to neglect the effects on suburban office parks or basically anywhere outside 17 buildings in center city. It's almost as though they have an agenda to push...

There are certainly going to be some long term ramifications to how office space is utilized in this country, but to try to get any insight about that from a side like RCP is folly.

But the poor quality of the source is besides the point
The quote you posted is completely irrelevant because it's pushing a partisan narrative about office space vacancy and this building is a lux residential highrise. Different markets. As the article you posted is so off topic as to be comical, I'm done posing about it. Feel free to have a conversation with yourself though.
A pedantic response to be honest. You say it wasn’t relevant, yet it deals specifically with office vacancy rates that were discussed in the OP. The article was rather anodyne and narrowly focused, yet your head popped right off because it was from a source YOU didn’t like. (I’ll make sure to get your approved list of sources next time). You went after the source without any substance to the merits…an article that included local sources and quotes from a U of Penn Professor. Your responses including this latest half-hearted back-track are just lame.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2021, 4:41 AM

Quote:
That's best you got?
It's truly the least I've got, and yet still more than you deserve.

Posting a true dumbshit "hur dur, cities are bad" article, hosted on a rightwing whackjob website and then yelling about the quality of the sources the article uses is not nearly the brilliant defense you think it is.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2021, 6:16 AM
Philly Pholly

Some sources give you information
Some sources FEED you information

Last edited by SEFTA; Jul 17, 2021 at 7:06 AM.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:

But another COVID-era trend – rising crime – is delaying suburban commuters’ return to big cities like Philadelphia
What does this even mean?

Old Posted Jul 18, 2021, 2:38 AM

Quote:

Posting a true dumbshit "hur dur, cities are bad" article, hosted on a rightwing whackjob website and then yelling about the quality of the sources the article uses is not nearly the brilliant defense you think it is.
It’s quite amazing that this is your third response and you’ve still yet to give any substantive response. You see an source you don’t like and automatically assume there is an agenda behind it. The article doesn’t even make an point about “cities are bad”….an indication you didn’t read the article (Btw, RCP is a news aggregator site that posts articles and columns from all sides…another sign you are woefully misguided).

You say I got more than I deserved from you…Frankly, I’m still waiting to get anything.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2021, 4:19 AM

Quote:

I don’t know why people become emotional and childish when challenged these days. It doesn’t simply boil down to the perspective that, “cities are bad”. You can either bury your head in the sand regarding crime or face the reality of it, logically assess it and make decisions from it.

Here’s a slice of reality for you... I live in the newly renovated One City Apartments which opened last year. Many tenants are planning on leaving once our leases are up due to the noise caused by the ATV/Dirt bike gangs. The units are frankly uninhabitable. I’m sure this issue is impacting other buildings along Broad, Market etc as well. I’m frustrated and disappointed by it - I’d rather see the area thrive, but that’s reality. If you’re cool with seeing de-investment and diminishing growth in the city then perhaps this site isn’t for you. I honestly hope the article is wrong and things continue to improve as they were just a few short years ago, but sticking your fingers in your ears over uncomfortable facts such as, homicides are at their highest in the city since 1990, isn’t going to solve anything.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2021, 11:41 AM

Take this to the politics thread guys.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2021, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post

Take this to the politics thread guys.
Perhaps, it might be germane to discuss how ATVs/Dirt Bike are negatively impacting occupancy and development along Broad St but perhaps I’m mistaken

Anyways, moving on...

Old Posted Jul 18, 2021, 4:34 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
Perhaps, it might be germane to discuss how ATVs/Dirt Bike are negatively impacting occupancy and development along Broad St but perhaps I’m mistaken

Anyways, moving on...
If it makes you feel any better ever since City council closed the Loophole on the ATV and Dirtbikes I've seen less of them especially on Rosevelt Blvd in fact Ive seen Dirtbike cops chasing more ATV/BIKES.

However the city just really need to just let them use a pieces of land around the city that are undeveloped and tell them they can use it legally without consequences however if they ride on the streets they are going to jail.

This will curb a good amount of people but you will have the minority that still ride on the street.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2021, 5:29 PM

Quote:
It’s quite amazing that this is your third response and you’ve still yet to give any substantive response. You see an source you don’t like and automatically assume there is an agenda behind it. The article doesn’t even make an point about “cities are bad”….an indication you didn’t read the article (Btw, RCP is a news aggregator site that posts articles and columns from all sides…another sign you are woefully misguided).

You say I got more than I deserved from you…Frankly, I’m still waiting to get anything.
It actually was my second response, but that's ok. Based on what you've been posting, I can understand how counting to three may be a struggle for you.

RCP is absolutely a partisan site, and if you don't understand that, you're truly out of your mind. Anyway though, regarding this article in particular, if you truly need this explained to you, fine. Here you go:

You are trying to claim legitimacy for the viewpoint of this article by extolling the virtue of the sources they've used. None of these respected sources are providing the backing for the key points being made in the article however.

In general, RCP is sourcing Philadelphia's rising crime statistics, and crime is definitely up and you can absolutely find legitimate sources for that. Or they're sourcing things like the fact that Philadelphia's transit ridership is down... which of course, we all know that and the reasons are obvious, and they are not related to Philadelphia in particular.

But this article isn't just trying to say that crime is up in Philly and transit ridership is down. What this article is actually positing is that this rise in crime is due to the liberal policies of Philadelphia's government and DA, and it's causing Philadelphia's office market to crater and suburbanites to be afraid of the city. And for the actual main points this article is trying to make, do they have solid sources for this? Of course not.

Out of all of their sources that Philly's DA and policies are leading to rising crime, how many are legitimate news sources like the ones you extolled to defend posting this article? Zero. It's basically all based on the partisan right wing City Journal.

Their source that Philadelphia's office market is in trouble? Just a single source, and it is far from neutral news site, but rather the obviously biased Center City District that is literally funded by Center City Businesses. As others have already posted here from legitimate sources, Philadelphia's office market is actually doing much better than peer cities.

Their source that suburbanites are afraid to come to Philly anymore? It's literally just one person's opinion!

I could write a paragraph right now with the thesis that based on your posts here on the skyscraper forum that you are actually not a person, but rather a well trained labradoodle. In that paragraph I could quote all kinds of well respected scholarly journals and publications regarding dogs and dog training. But if the only evidence I had that actually indicated that you were a labradoodle was the personal opinion of a columnist named Aaron Renn, how persuasive would you find my paragraph? Would it matter that I quoted the New York Times when discussing the behavior of labradoodles?

So yea. It's a terrible article. Obviously partisan. And posting it was unnecessary and unhelpful.

Substantive enough for you?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2021, 5:53 AM

Saw this baby up close on a trip to Philly for 4th of July, it's no Comcast but a very decent filler

Old Posted Jul 19, 2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Their source that suburbanites are afraid to come to Philly anymore? It's literally just one person's opinion!
Anecdotally, my family is from south Philly, it’s my birthplace & one of my favorite places on earth for countless reasons. Though, as a life-long suburbanite (raised in Del Co, raised my family in Chester County) that has enjoyed heading into what I’ve always considered my city frequently in my 50+ years on this planet, I have not gone back since the lockdowns began and honestly I have no desire to. Sadly it is exactly 100% due to fear of what’s happened to the city and the administration’s policies across the board. My family, cultural, and culinary connections to the city run deep and it breaks my heart to be separated from it, and while I can’t speak for anyone but myself, I can tell you that my attitude is shared by a great many folks I call neighbors out here on the perimeter. Will this change going forward, I sure hope so, the idea of leaving Philly off the table as a destination is a repugnant one to be sure, but at this particular point in time I don’t feel as though the city values my presence as a visitor and as long as that is the case it will move forward without me. How many are like me, I don’t pretend to know, but if the numbers are substantial the administration would be well served to change course sooner rather than later.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2021, 11:38 AM

Has everyone lost their minds?????? We go to CC, Fishtown/NoLibs, South Philly multiple times a month for food, people watching and entertainment. We went this past weekend with friends from out of town who were drooling over all that Philly has to offer. We don’t feel like we’re in danger. What is everyone talking about?? Get in your car and go eat in South Philly. Jesus H Christ, the drama!

Old Posted Jul 19, 2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
Has everyone lost their minds?????? We go to CC, Fishtown/NoLibs, South Philly multiple times a month for food, people watching and entertainment. We went this past weekend with friends from out of town who were drooling over all that Philly has to offer. We don’t feel like we’re in danger. What is everyone talking about?? Get in your car and go eat in South Philly. Jesus H Christ, the drama!
Agreed. I’m out at least once a week. The city is poppin again.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive