HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 7:09 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
And the most common sense, just as many of those with plenty of education possess little common sense which is precisely why you disagree with everything i've ever said. In fact you're so consistent, if you ever agreed with me on anything I would immediately know your account has been hacked
Did you learn that brilliant insight from Dr. Drew Pinsky? Or Dr. Phil? Or some syndicated episode of Rush Limbaugh?

Have you noticed how practically nobody agrees with you (both here, and in the analogous threads in the CE and Canada forums)?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 7:11 PM
The City

Quote:
I agree, if I get hospitalized because of my refusal to get vaccinated, triage should place me at the end of the line, although many of you believe I should be denied treatment altogether (although I think that's a silly wish because I highly doubt hospitals can turn people away) however the odds of my being hospitalized due to covid are incredibly low which has been my point all along-so low in fact that they're not even worthy of consideration. This is a simple matter of probability and to say the odds are in my favor is the ultimate understatement because where I live right now there is 1 covid patient in hospital out of 870,000 people but many of you here either don't understand math or don't care about it, instead adamantly insisting that it's possible that I could get killed by covid and while that's true, it's also possible I could get killed by a vending machine machine landing on me and i'm as worried about one as I am the other. All of life is a series of calculations of risk versus reward yet for some reason that line of reasoning has been cast aside during the pandemic in our zeal to save everyone from getting sick

Having said all that I was listening to Dr. Drew Pinsky on a podcast today and he said he's a strong advocate for vaccination which really surprised me as he's not only a renowned physician but he also got covid and became a long hauler so he not only has extensive knowledge about the virus but also an insider's perspective on having it. Granted most that get covid will not end up being long haulers but if you are one of those unlucky individuals, it sounds rough
Hold on just a second here.......you mean you didn't get vaccinated?

For what idiotic reason?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 7:15 PM
The City

I will say, however, that the media is not doing vaccination efforts any favors by sensationalizing the NON-SURPRISING fact that, yes, vaccinated people do test positive for COVID.

The message that this sends to unvaccinated people is so irresponsible that it kills me. Now people who refuse the vaccine can point to this fact and say "See, I knew it! The vaccine doesn't work!"

The mediocre people who work in media need to be whipped in line by the scientific community and have their message refocused to: If you get the vaccine, your risk of getting seriously ill from Covid goes WAY down. That's the key factor, since herd immunity from vaccination, lets face it--ain't in the cards.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 7:16 PM

An osteopathic (DO) doctor friend of mine up in DFW is really pumping Ivermectin both as a covid preventative and as a recommended treatment for early infections. She said that she's treated over 100 people with covid using this drug, and none have been hospitalized. I am 75 years old. My Moderna two shot vaccination was administered at the end of February. I noticed that Israel is now recommending a third shot for those over 60 vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine more that five months ago. I'm seriously considering starting a prophylactic regimen with Ivermectin. My dogs tolerate it very well for a monthly heartworm preventative, so there is that. Any thoughts on this ??

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 7:32 PM
The City

Quote:
Yes, i'm really going to explain myself when you've already made up your mind i'm an idiot not to mention the fact i've already explained the reasons why numerous times. Here's a tip-if you're actually interested in asking someone a question, refrain from insulting them
^ Refusing vaccines (with a few legitimate exceptions) is always an act of idiocy.

That's just a fact.

That doesn't mean that you are an idiot. I'm sure that you are perfectly smart in other things. But in this particular matter, you are being a complete buffoon. Face reality, bud.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 7:44 PM

Quote:
You, like most people here, have no idea how difficult that would be as there are 52 cases of covid right now out of a population of 870,000 people which means that 0.006% of the population have covid. That means that I would have to kiss tens of thousands of people to realistically even have a chance of getting covid and the odds of getting something much worse than covid from kissing that many people would be a far greater concern
It sounds like you don't live in the United States. I'm guessing you live somewhere like Australia?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 8:04 PM
The City

^ I'd get vaccinated if I lived on Mars

The point is that there is nothing to lose with vaccination, and everything to gain. You build a shield of immunity--for free. I take whatever vaccine is available to me, whenever I can.

By not getting vaccination, you're not showing wisdom, you're showing that you're afraid of the vaccine for some misguided reason. You're probably watching webcasts from the group of 12 pseudoscience nitwits that are trying to stoke fear.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 8:16 PM
Environmental Sabotage

Quote:
I live in Canada, on Vancouver Island which has always had an unusually low rate of infection, probably because we're kind of isolated

So i'm a complete buffoon for refusing to get vaccinated against a virus that basically doesn't exist (0.006% of people have it where I live) and even if by some miracle I do contract it, i'll probably only experience mild to moderate symptoms. No, on the contrary, I think you and the rest of society have bought the propaganda and fear-mongering in spite of science, logic and probability. It's clear that covid is not dangerous but few at this site understand that but if all I knew was that it had killed over 600,000 Americans (without knowing anything else about the victims or virus), i'd probably rush out and get vaccinated too not to mention the fact that "news" agencies like CNN and MSNBC are constantly ginning up the fear
What do you have to lose about getting a vaccine and do you plan on never leaving the island and staying isolated forever?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 8:18 PM
The City

Getting back to life after (with) Covid:

Tickets arrived, we will check out Lolla tomorrow. It's a bit controversial because a few germaphobe butt-wads who can't let go are freaking out over the Delta variant, but I'm not worried. We got our shots and we probably will wear masks during the event except during the times when I will be drinking......in other words I probably won't be wearing a mask most of the time.

Anyhow, I here rumors that some people are getting fake vaccine cards to get into Lolla, which would be very disturbing (and upsetting) if true, since getting the real shot is probably just as easy, if not easier, than getting a fake vaccine card.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 9:59 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:

Yes, it's abundantly clear that most here disagree with me but you seem to equate that with being wrong but it doesn't prove that. What about the tiny % of Germans like Oskar Schindler that covertly defied the Nazi's? Were they wrong too? Most of you here are living proof that common sense is on it's deathbed
so you are describing yourself as some kind of hero in the same company as Oskar Schindler?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 10:31 PM
Birds Aren't Real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
so you are describing yourself as some kind of hero in the same company as Oskar Schindler?
And the medical experts on COVID are Hitler, and the science-accepting general public are all Nazis, and mass vaccination is the Holocaust . . .

He's got his head up his cavity.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 10:42 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post
An osteopathic (DO) doctor friend of mine up in DFW is really pumping Ivermectin both as a covid preventative and as a recommended treatment for early infections. She said that she's treated over 100 people with covid using this drug, and none have been hospitalized. I am 75 years old. My Moderna two shot vaccination was administered at the end of February. I noticed that Israel is now recommending a third shot for those over 60 vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine more that five months ago. I'm seriously considering starting a prophylactic regimen with Ivermectin. My dogs tolerate it very well for a monthly heartworm preventative, so there is that. Any thoughts on this ??
Isn't that only used (Ivermectin) if you're actively fighting off Covid? One of my friends had a bad bout with it (and almost died) and was given a regimen of Ivermectin for a about a week or so. From what I understand, it's pretty controversial to administer and many doctors won't prescribe it.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 10:49 PM
BANNED

6 to 7 months after the first rounds of mRNA shots went out, we will find out if ADE is occurring with this wave and in future waves. Wouldn't that be a trip if the mRNA vaccines enhanced viral loads if exposed to a variant, 6 months after the jab?

Unrelated to my previous thought^, but I talked to a sailor friend of mine that's going out on deployment next week, the Navy did an about face and will not let them out at ports again. 8 months, trapped on a ship, oh and they all have to wear masks, despite the entire ship being vaxxed. They're not too happy rn.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 11:07 PM
The City

Quote:

My "misguided" reason for not getting vaccinated is because everyone i've ever spoken to that has been vaccinated reported unpleasant side effects. I'll pass on those thanks particularly since I have pretty much no chance of getting covid
So I’m correct—you have an irrational fear of vaccines. You’re one of those kooky anti-vaccers

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Isn't that only used (Ivermectin) if you're actively fighting off Covid? One of my friends had a bad bout with it (and almost died) and was given a regimen of Ivermectin for a about a week or so. From what I understand, it's pretty controversial to administer and many doctors won't prescribe it.
Ivermectin is very controversial mostly due to lack of clinical studies for prophylactic use. It is apparently used in many hospital settings to treat newly admitted patients with good results, and there have now been several clinical studies that seem to back up that assertion. How did your friend do on Ivermectin? My doctor friend just provided me with a prescription, and I am thinking about taking it as a prophylactic, or I may just keep it handy in the event I actually get sick. I haven't decided yet. I'll happily take a third vaccination if and when they become available. We just hit Stage 5 (highest level of precaution) here in Travis County/Austin today. Supposedly only about a dozen available ICU beds, which seems strange to me since the number hospitalized is still well below the raw numbers from this past winter.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 1:16 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I don't mean to pile on but if we're being brutally honest there is a lot of selfishness in the mindset of those who say they "don't need the vaccine".

Putting this BS behind us and a return to normal will require as many people as possible getting vaccinated.

So all of those choosing to not get vaccinated for whatever reason are in a way riding on and ultimately benefiting from the (admittedly minor) risk that we've all taken by getting a vaccine that, yes, has been fast-tracked like no other vaccine before.

If we all thought and acted the same way as them, we probably wouldn't be getting back to normal any time soon. But when we do, they'll still be at the front of the line along with the rest of us.

So yeah, colour me unimpressed.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 1:34 AM
The City

Quote:
Yeah because you've bought the hysteria and fear-mongering but I figured out about a year ago, that that's all it was and that this virus isn't dangerous which i've proved in the countless posts i've made in this thread. What I have yet to see in this discussion is proof that covid is dangerous, not one person here has articulated that
I don’t disagree that this virus, and especially the nonsensical fear mongering about the “oh so scary variants” has been hyped up by the media. Ignore the media, it’s a virtuous thing to do.

But the virus has indeed proven deadly when it spreads through large numbers of people. It did kill over 600k Americans and it completely is ravaging India. For sure over a million people have died of Covid in India just over the past several months. I have coworkers and patients who have friends and family in India and have spoken to how bad it is. Massive human tragedy, and they have very little available vaccine over there.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 1:43 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post
Ivermectin is very controversial mostly due to lack of clinical studies for prophylactic use. It is apparently used in many hospital settings to treat newly admitted patients with good results, and there have now been several clinical studies that seem to back up that assertion. How did your friend do on Ivermectin? My doctor friend just provided me with a prescription, and I am thinking about taking it as a prophylactic, or I may just keep it handy in the event I actually get sick. I haven't decided yet. I'll happily take a third vaccination if and when they become available. We just hit Stage 5 (highest level of precaution) here in Travis County/Austin today. Supposedly only about a dozen available ICU beds, which seems strange to me since the number hospitalized is still well below the raw numbers from this past winter.
Apparently he did pretty well with it. Had some lingering heart damage that was expected heal after some time

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 2:04 AM

Mask mandate back in effect in New Orleans despite 55% fully vaccinated in the city. Mainly due to exploding cases in surrounding parishes and states since we get a lot of visitors. No other restrictions, so everything is open as usual. Several music clubs and restaurants are now only allowing fully vaxxed inside which I fully support.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 3:22 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Mask mandate back in effect in New Orleans despite 55% fully vaccinated in the city. Mainly due to exploding cases in surrounding parishes and states since we get a lot of visitors. No other restrictions, so everything is open as usual. Several music clubs and restaurants are now only allowing fully vaxxed inside which I fully support.
Is that 55% of the total population or the eligible (12+) population?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions