HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^^Re the city-wide graffiti; did the mayor fire all of her sand blasting crews? In the administrations prior to hers, graffiti was cleaned up literally the next morning, as the paint was drying. Since she took office, the problem has gotten noticeably out of control. Granted, nare-do-well kids had been home for most of a school year, what's going on with this. The vandalism is ALL over the new Circle construction, as you drive thru the Loop. Not a great look.
That location would be IDOT's responsibility.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Oct 16, 2021 at 3:01 AM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 7:08 PM

It would be a waste of resources to clean off graffiti from highways and bridges under construction. It will probably be cleaned off all at once when it’s finished.

I have seen more of it along the El and I’m sure 311 requests have been put in, but it’s probably more difficult to work around active trains. I haven’t put in a 311 request before but usually remove graffiti off my building. It’s easy to do, if you know what to use on what surface it’s on.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 7:22 PM

In regards to the graffiti it is definitely starting to become a problem for chicago. Ive lived here for ten years and its only in the past two that the graffiti is starting to get out of control. All the major expressways were relatively free of it (either was not put up in the first place or was taken away quickly). Now i notice within two days of removal a new tag is back up. It is so sad to see the city defaced like this. Something needs to be done to address the issue. It was one thing I always admired about chicago, the lack of graffiti.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 8:35 PM

the only thing that can be done is report it. seriously, download the 311 app. it couldnt be simpler. they definitely prioritize anything that could be construed as gang/hate speech, run of the mill tagging is probably lower priority.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 9:54 PM

It was Daley who had the graffiti blaster team. I am pretty sure Emanuel disbanded it. I noticed an uptick fairly soon after Daley was out of office.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 10:09 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirish View Post
In regards to the graffiti it is definitely starting to become a problem for chicago. Ive lived here for ten years and its only in the past two that the graffiti is starting to get out of control.
Would you be surprised if I told you it was a more prevalent 20+ years ago? Even the L cars themselves used to get tagged like you used to have in NYC, not near as rampant but it did happen.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
It was Daley who had the graffiti blaster team. I am pretty sure Emanuel disbanded it. I noticed an uptick fairly soon after Daley was out of office.
i dont know why people are choosing to completely ignore what im saying, but ill repeat it for a third time. 311. download the app. file tickets. blasters come out and spray in 2-3 days. easy.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
What am i even looking at? What year is this? Where am i? Someone please help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post
WOOF .... that is really bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoatman View Post
Shocking news, residents are actually pushing for more density and less parking. This proposal is absolutely terrible, looks like it belongs in Schaumberg rather than the city of Chicago.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/10...-parking-lots/
Yeah, that proposal is a real shame given the transformation currently occuring at Six Corners (apparently now Six Pointes? lol):

Novak wasting no time, cracking the whip on Taylor Demo:

Needless to say my 18 month old was very enthused by the "Bobcats", as he calls literally every piece of construction equipment, going at the structure. Very enjoyable to have him on your shoulders as a monster excavator drives off a 20' tall pile of rubble using the arm to keep from flipping. Speaking of I too had to use my arm to keep JR from flipping off my shoulders as he was bouncing and flailing about out of a combo of shear joy and excitement.

I had no idea this Comed proposal even existed nor that a meeting was happening or I would have gone and ripped them a new one considering we live like 3/4 of a mile due North of there. If they really must have all this big box retail, stack the parking in a ramp and do a "streets of Woodfield" type outdoor mall. With all the incoming density in the area, every square foot of surface parking is a missed oppurtunity for more revenue. I was actually just admiring on our walk this AM how Kilpatrick North of Jewel has filled in to become a really neat mixed use, mixed density district. There's new single family homes, a new 4 story retirement community with nice masonry, older small multifamily properties on the other side of the street, Omega Yeast's funky new facility next to the Metra stop, now the new tower at Milwaukee bookending the view down the street. It's too bad there's no way to connect Knox through to the Jewel parking lot. The mish mashed street grid in this area is really the only thing holding it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Would you be surprised if I told you it was a more prevalent 20+ years ago? Even the L cars themselves used to get tagged like you used to have in NYC, not near as rampant but it did happen.
I'm surprised there's a single person left alive in this city given the fact that someone has been applying unauthorized coating products to hard surfaces all across town! Literally every can of spray paint results in one or more dead children. No idea how anyone can survive growing up in Chicago with this murderous crew spreading their fatal craft all about like fairies sprinkling anthrax pixie dust!

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 9:05 PM

Joint Public Saftey Training Center - Chicago ave.

Oct 6

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 9:27 PM

Tribune tower rehab - plaza

Oct 7

Old Posted Oct 17, 2021, 3:59 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Ogden and Kennedy (not sure what the address or project is):

Old Posted Oct 17, 2021, 3:09 PM

Wow this view of Chicago is becoming very impressive, yes Chicago is a different and unique kind of city...

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 4:35 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Adler, from yesterday

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 4:36 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

new Aon plaza

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 7:58 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

https://www.wbez.org/stories/chicago...f-21083c9382fd
Quote:
Chicago awards grants to spur development near transit in disinvested neighborhoods
The city selected 11 projects that range from a healthy corner store to senior housing to a food hall and walk-up ice cream window.

A bustling corridor at 79th Street and the Dan Ryan Expressway with housing and retail. A healthy corner store walking distance from the 95th Street Red Line. A food hall and walk-up ice cream window in East Garfield Park.

These are among the 11 projects the city of Chicago is funding through a pilot program promoting development around transit stations. Funding totals $160,000 in microgrants and technical assistance with each project receiving up to $20,000. The city is proposing $10 million more in its 2022 budget.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
Lol, what a joke.

An ice cream stand is not TOD.

"Placemaking" is not TOD.

So this is how Rosa is funding his "Latino plaza"? And we are going to call spending money on landscaping with a Central American geometric design in the pavers "TOD"? We are supposed to pretend that pavers and bushes are going to make Chicago more equitable? Talk about virtue signaling. The 35th Ward is bleeding residents, the only Ward on the North side losing population at anywhere near that rate, and fucking Carlos is over here planting flowers and calling it Transit Oriented Development.

Yeah I'm sure the hundreds of families being thrown of two flats will suddenly be able to afford to buy their buildings because you made a "Latinx themed plaza". Hold my beer, I'm going to make a North Pole themed Christmas display this year to stop global warming and save the polar bears.

What an insufferable idiot.

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Lol, what a joke.

So this is how Rosa is funding his "Latino plaza"? And we are going to call spending money on landscaping with a Central American geometric design in the pavers "TOD"? We are supposed to pretend that pavers and bushes are going to make Chicago more equitable? Talk about virtue signaling. The 35th Ward is bleeding residents, the only Ward on the North side losing population at anywhere near that rate, and fucking Carlos is over here planting flowers and calling it Transit Oriented Development.

Yeah I'm sure the hundreds of families being thrown of two flats will suddenly be able to afford to buy their buildings because you made a "Latinx themed plaza". Hold my beer, I'm going to make a North Pole themed Christmas display this year to stop global warming and save the polar bears.

don't be so hard on Rosa... alderman is this kids first job

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Lol, what a joke.

A bit harsh... but you're not wrong. Rosa needs to get his head out of his ass and actually address affordability issues in his ward-and spoiler-not through downzoning.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 4:05 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiPlanner View Post
A bit harsh... but you're not wrong. Rosa needs to get his head out of his ass and actually address affordability issues in his ward-and spoiler-not through downzoning.
^ No, he really doesn't.

The less Rosa does, the better. He needs to go the hell away

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 4:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Lol, what a joke.

these far-left anti-development alderpeople are awful. Virtue signaling to their constituents while nothing gets done. There are several of these folks around Chicago, we need to cut like 50% off.

They love acting like they're solving a problem when they're doing a bunch of nothing. This also applies to Lightfoot, police superintendent, and several others, but thats a discussion for another time...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development