Project: Labs
Architect: ??
Developer: Republic Properties
Neighborhood: University City
District: West Philadelphia
Floors: 12 floors
Height: 190 feet

Brochure

Developer Republic Properties Announces $190 Million "Next Generation" Cell And Gene Therapy Research Production Center In University City, Taps Scheer Partners To Direct Leasing

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In less than 36 months, the $190 million Ultra Labs at University City, an 11-story, 185,000 square foot project , will commence commercial operations. Designed to be one of the world's most advanced cell and gene therapy research, development, and fully engineered cGMP production centers, the developer-leasing team is now reviewing floor plans with leading prospective biotech tenants, according to principal developer Republic Properties Group and Scheer Partners, its exclusive leasing agent. Ultra Labs (New Rendering Reveal) will be conveniently located within walking distance from the academic and NIH-sponsored centers that are spinning out many of the newest innovations in cell and gene therapy.

Steven A. Grigg, AIA, PE, President and Co-founder of Washington, D.C-based Republic Properties, said the Ultra Labs project "represents a rare and exciting development opportunity to work from a fresh canvas and meet every single need of the world's leading cell and gene therapy companies in Philadelphia, a global hub for innovation in breakthrough life sciences." Along with PHL Next State Med LLC, our remarkable investment partner, and our scientific real estate professionals at Scheer, we could not be more energized about the prospect of Ultra Labs at University City setting the new standard for cGMP in the Mid-Atlantic and throughout the world."

Mr. Grigg, whose firm has collaborated on past projects with Scheer Partners in the Washington-Baltimore market, said, "Scientists and clinicians from leading companies and universities – including those within a short walk from our site just off the renowned campuses of the University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University – will discover when they review our floor plans dedicated to cGMP manufacturing and advanced biosafety labs that we have been meticulous and uncompromising in this project."
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301233556.html

Last edited by summersm343; Sep 14, 2021 at 2:55 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 7:30 PM

Great, thanks McGrath! This is a great project. Build it!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 5:34 PM

There is now a sign up on the fence surrounding this site. Says delivering in Q4 2023.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 11:59 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
There is now a sign up on the fence surrounding this site. Says delivering in Q4 2023.
Seems a bit unlikely, as 2 years is an extremely aggressive construction cycle and AFAIK they aren't even permitted yet.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Seems a bit unlikely, as 2 years is an extremely aggressive construction cycle and AFAIK they aren't even permitted yet.
How would we even check that? The parcel that this building would occupy isn't even marked in Atlas.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 9:06 PM
Chris

I worked with Republic on a DC project, and as of last summer they were in the planning stage for this project. I was actually speaking with the owner and they are excited to enter the Philadelphia market. 2 years is aggressive, but I am confident this building will rise sooner than later.

Combine this with the towers along JFK (hopefully the taller red one gets built), this entire stretch will be a new little city.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2021, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
I worked with Republic on a DC project, and as of last summer they were in the planning stage for this project. I was actually speaking with the owner and they are excited to enter the Philadelphia market. 2 years is aggressive, but I am confident this building will rise sooner than later.

Combine this with the towers along JFK (hopefully the taller red one gets built), this entire stretch will be a new little city.
Does anyone know of any plans to connect JFK to 32nd? I know I've seen it in a couple of renderings/proposals but I haven't heard anything about actually doing it.

Should also add the website for this project:
https://ultralabsphiladelphia.com/

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 3:33 PM

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 3:39 PM

Where did you get 190 feet and 19 stories?

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Where did you get 190 feet and 19 stories?
190 feet was from the assumed height Colin presented, and with my 3d massing it looks to be the around the correct height. And for the floor count, I had actually typed 11 stories in the first draft. Not sure why it was inflated

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 4:53 PM

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
190 feet was from the assumed height Colin presented, and with my 3d massing it looks to be the around the correct height. And for the floor count, I had actually typed 11 stories in the first draft. Not sure why it was inflated
Weird. 190 would definitely be the right height, given the use of the space and a presumed floor count of 11 (12 counting mech). 19 floors makes 0 sense.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2021, 2:55 PM

I very clearly count 12 floors total, plus the mechanical penthouse. Not sure why they're claiming it's 11 floors? I'll update the thread title to show 12 floors either way.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2022, 10:46 AM

I have ideas of a building, but I don't have the skill to draw. Is anybody here to realize my thoughts? Or is this possible, per general, to say and someone to put down my imagination?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2022, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradStaton View Post
I have ideas of a building, but I don't have the skill to draw. Is anybody here to realize my thoughts? Or is this possible, per general, to say and someone to put down my imagination?
Shoot. I can sketch something up

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 8:34 PM

sounds nice, can I DM you?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradStaton View Post
sounds nice, can I DM you?
Anyone can!

Old Posted Jul 26, 2022, 3:42 PM

Now, I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that this project won't get started until SEPTA's 30th to Kay project is finished. There's no way SEPTA would lease them the land until that project is over.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2022, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Now, I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that this project won't get started until SEPTA's 30th to Kay project is finished. There's no way SEPTA would lease them the land until that project is over.
What's the Kay project?

Old Posted Jul 26, 2022, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
What's the Kay project?
30th to Kay is a SEPTA project that reconfigures a bit of the track between ZOO and 30th Street Station. Also involves redoing the catenary structure to eventually support the 30th overbuild.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals