Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Another day, another loss.
Way to support the team

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 3:12 AM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
Way to support the team
Twas a very winnable game, but the Elks simply didn't have the O to make it happen.

That's 18 in a row at home... come on now.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 3:22 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

I found myself actually cheering for Edmonton to get a win at home - this is ridiculous.
Cornelious seems to have a lot of tools including good size and the ability to get the outside corner but just can’t get over the hump.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
I found myself actually cheering for Edmonton to get a win at home - this is ridiculous.
Cornelious seems to have a lot of tools including good size and the ability to get the outside corner but just can’t get over the hump.
I'm the opposite -- let's let Edmonton fans have season seats for the price of 1 game

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 12:34 AM

Edmonton's next home game is against the Argos, which is the one team we haven't seen play yet. I don't think Edmonton wins against last year's team, but I have a lot of questions about Kelly as the starting QB. Could be an interesting game to watch... or they could allow a touchdown in the first five minutes and lose the game like usual.

After that, their next best shot at home is August 27 when the Redblacks come to town. Can't blame anyone for being angry with the team if they can't at least beat Ottawa at home.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 12:16 AM
Ham-burgher

New plans for THF's Grey Cup configuration were released. There are more close-up renderings on the website.

https://ticats.ca/article/hamilton-t...110th-grey-cup

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 3:39 AM

I recall Hamilton had plans last time they hosted to have concessions representing each team's province (plus the Schooners) in the South Plaza. Wonder if they'll bring that back?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 4:32 AM
Community Guy

Hopefully more than 3 pre-game bars outside... SASK.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 1:14 PM
arf

And the CFL has ushered in a new era of you can view seasonal player stats on a week by week basis by downloading a PDF file.

Seriously? CFL is getting a gigantic fail on their new stats partnership.

No passer rating for the box score player stats either.
No defensive player stats for the box score.

I know it's a work in progress, but it's like they started working on it a week ago and didn't put it in front of anyone.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 1:37 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

As the decline of AM radio continues and sports stations get hit especially hard, are there CFL teams that are finding themselves without radio coverage of their games?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
As the decline of AM radio continues and sports stations get hit especially hard, are there CFL teams that are finding themselves without radio coverage of their games?
TNS Hamilton was killed off a few years ago. The Ticats do an in-house streaming broadcast. They did lots of other audio content last year as well, doesn't look like they're continuing it though.

https://ticats.ca/listen

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Good question.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Doesn't TSN 1050 just simulcast the TV feed for Argos games now? Which I guess works, but could be a bit lacking given that TV broadcasters cover a game differently than radio guys do.

On the prairies radio coverage is alive and well. Sask is the heavyweight champ in this regard, not only do they have the games, there are daily sports talk shows with heavy CFL coverage.

Is Hamilton the only team that is strictly online?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
What exactly are these? They are putting in these seating pods in what is currently a concourse area, I take it?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 4:04 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Doesn't TSN 1050 just simulcast the TV feed for Argos games now? Which I guess works, but could be a bit lacking given that TV broadcasters cover a game differently than radio guys do.

On the prairies radio coverage is alive and well. Sask is the heavyweight champ in this regard, not only do they have the games, there are daily sports talk shows with heavy CFL coverage.

Is Hamilton the only team that is strictly online?
Ottawa is on AM (TSN) in English and FM (Franco-Ontarian community station) in French.

Montreal is on AM (TSN) in English and FM in French. The Alouettes' FM French broadcasts are also broadcast on that station's network partners across Quebec, including here in Gatineau.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 4:12 PM

https://www.cfl.ca/where-to-watch-20...t-information/

Looks like it's just Hamilton that broadcasts via streaming. Which is kind of surprising, Hamilton is a decently strong CFL market. It's amazing to me that no radio stations in the area could be bothered to put games on the radio.

But then again, I guess that sports radio may not be as lucrative as it once was, witness some Toronto teams not sending their PxP crews to away games, etc.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 4:13 PM

With Bell's annual purging costs / content / medium (radio in this case) it certainly doesn't indicate that they'll be adding to the CFL experience within this contract with the CFL. Which isn't a risky statement as the broadcast has not changed since around 2010. I beleive we're only a few years removed of loosing 2 of the last 3 TSN radio stations with Ottawa and Montreal folding, leaving only Toronto left. I really hope after the 2025 season, the CFL moves on from at least TSN if not Bell entirely if they can't reach a deal to be aired on CTV. Where they go, I don't know. Who even knows what the landscape for consuming sport will be in 2026.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 7:10 PM

I preferred the original set-up they had in the plaza area at Tim Hortons Field in those renders from 4 or so years ago. There was a giant social area capable of hosting 3-4000 people at $100 or so dollars a pop with a clear view of the field. There was a giant stage for the halftime show with a huge catwalk leading to the edge of the field.

The new renders feature a giant stand that cuts off the views to the field from the plaza.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 11:48 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
What exactly are these? They are putting in these seating pods in what is currently a concourse area, I take it?
Yep. Actually where much of the "accessible" seating is, so I wonder what the plan is to replace those lost seats. And on the west side it will be mighty tight behind these things.

Local AM station 900 CHML has the Tiger-Cats broadcast rights again, but I've yet to listen. Apparently it's a simulcast of the streaming. There's a low-power news station in Mississauga that also does this.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 11:50 PM

touchdown atlantic has sold out they will add 1000 more seats for demand. however still no progress on stadium front and in press conference ambrossie was saying league will focus more on Quebec city and wants media to as well.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada