HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 5:00 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post

It's crazy how racist the US was.
you'll still find a good deal of that underlying attitude in many circles, it's just now more commonly expressed in public with coded speech.

the old school way of guys like Orville Hubbard just outright saying in plain english "i hate black people and i won't let them live in my town" is not as politically tenable today in most metropolitan areas as it was many decades ago.

the racists have simply learned to use different words and dog whistles, but those who are paying attention can see right through it.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Sep 14, 2022 at 5:53 PM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
you'll still find a good deal of that underlying attitude in many circles, it's just now more commonly expressed in public with coded speech.

the old school way of guys like Orville Hubbard just outright saying in plain english "i hate black people and i won't let them live in my town" is not as politically tenable today in most metropolitan areas as it was many decades ago.

the racists have simply learned to use different words and dog whistles, but those who are paying attention can see right through it.
Yeah, even though racism is so common, it's so hard to understand how people waste so much time and energy hating or indulging those racist fantasies.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2022, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
Yeah, even though racism is so common, it's so hard to understand how people waste so much time and energy hating or indulging those racist fantasies.
To paraphrase M.L. King, "people should be judged on the content of their character, not the color of their skin" (or I might add any other superficial trait they have no control over). We are all related if you go back far enough, whether you believe in Darwin or the Bible. Racism is stupid and evil, or any other prejudice.

Last edited by CaliNative; Sep 15, 2022 at 5:02 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions