HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 5:59 AM

[QUOTE=Zapatan;5452044]Those models look cool, but am I the only one who thinks the towers are way too short?

The models confirm that tower two is still 1270/1350 and tower three 1070/1170 not what the title says.

But oh well, good to hear it's going along well.]

I find multiple 1000 foot tall building standing side by side just as impressive as one 2000 foot tall building standing by its self.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 2:39 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

Ottie or ny guy..i know it was Said a while back but i'm hardly in this thread... Anyway what are the steel shape A beams floor there are like 4 of them...

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 4:14 PM

^^They allow for an underground driveway beneath those columns. If you just look at the tops of those 'A's, you'll notice those columns line up perfectly with the lobby floorplan that we have seen many times before.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 5:08 PM
BANNED

I hate admitting it, but I am starting to like this building than all of the new WTC towers! I love the way it has those massive diamond-like designs at the top and I bet it will be spectacularly beautiful at night!

It REALLY has some characteristics and looks from the Smurfit-Stone Building in Chicago.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 10:20 PM

my sister took these over the weekend from the millennium:

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 1:32 AM

Modern Warfare 3

Hey everyone, the new World Trade Center is featured in the 2nd level of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. You are part of a SEAL team that boards a Russian submarine just south of Manhattan and when you are board the sub you have a nice view of downtown Manhattan.

Anyway, the reason I bring it up is tower 2 is seriously way too short in the game. I think it is actually the shortest of the 4, with tower 3 being way too tall and towers 4 and 1 looking basically correct (you can hardly see tower 1 though due to the giant tower 3). I was wondering if there were any other COD players out there that noticed and were bothered by this?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 2:46 AM
New Yorker for life

From wtc.com (Joe Woolhead)

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 3:46 AM

That side angle really shows how deep the whole complex will be. Lovely the progress so far!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2011, 6:25 PM
Los Angeles Aficionado

I'm sorry if this question has been already answered. After they reach street level on the construction, which I presume is to be very soon, are they going forth with the floor levels soon after or will it be put on hold.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2011, 3:14 AM

^Tower 2 contains Transportation Hub's mechanical stuff at the podium, so this tower will grow up some floors more.

Joe Woolhead's blog

Old Posted Nov 20, 2011, 3:53 AM
BANNED

I'm ready for this baby to start rising!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2011, 5:12 AM

Taken from One Liberty Plaza - 30th floor

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 4:00 PM

So just looking at the cams the West crane on 200 Greenwich has been removed... Hopefully for an adjustment not because we're slowing down at ground level...

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 5:12 PM
BANNED

I think that it will take 3 to 5 years to get a tenant. Related's first two office towers at the Yards have about 4m sf which they're offering a very subsidized prices that Silverstein can't match. Once the Hudson Yards has been leased, there will be great demand for Towers 2 and 3 in three to five years, at which time, the economy should be quite strong.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
I think that it will take 3 to 5 years to get a tenant. Related's first two office towers at the Yards have about 4m sf which they're offering a very subsidized prices that Silverstein can't match. Once the Hudson Yards has been leased, there will be great demand for Towers 2 and 3 in three to five years, at which time, the economy should be quite strong.
I'm no developer, but it just seems like the WTC missed their window. If they had been able to keep construction on track, or start it a few years sooner, they would have been the only new large office towers finishing up in the city at the time. (2010-2011-2012)

Instead, now we have developments like Hudson Yards and other supertalls in Midtown that are leeching tenants that may or may not have gone Downtown.

Not to mention the state of the economy. I just hope that 4-5 years from now we will see something that makes it all worth the wait.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 5:33 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
I'm no developer, but it just seems like the WTC missed their window.
You never know what goes on behind the scenes . . and from the sounds of it, Silverstein is talking to potential tenants. I've maintained a positive attitude that these buildings will get filled, and I'll continue to do so.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
You never know what goes on behind the scenes . . and from the sounds of it, Silverstein is talking to potential tenants. I've maintained a positive attitude that these buildings will get filled, and I'll continue to do so.
When we've reached the point where they are taking the cranes down on one of them, and talking about the removal of cranes from the other building sometime soon, my optimism begins to wane.

I want them built, but it's becoming less and less likely.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 5:36 PM
BANNED

The WTC's timing was fine. Related just has a huge cost advantage bec the Yards benefit from massive tax credits that make them cheaper to build. Why would anyone lease at $90 to $100\sf when they could do so at the Yards for $70?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 5:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
When we've reached the point where they are taking the cranes down on one of them, and talking about the removal of cranes from the other building sometime soon, my optimism begins to wane.

I want them built, but it's becoming less and less likely.
These towers, along with Manhattan West and 15 Penn, all will be built. It's just a matter of when. Manhattan needs new office space.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 6:57 PM

I know its a financing thing but I think they should go ahead and build towers 2 and 3 they wont be completed for at least two years and Im pretty sure with the high demand for office space and the fact that these towers are extremely important that most of this office space will be leased by the time their finished. Does anyone agree?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction