HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossabreezes View Post
Plain and simple: you have no right to ask anyone to do that anymore. Level of difficulty on their part is not your place to judge, call, or evaluate.

You clearly look down on food service workers, but I am not surprised by that. Also, if you’re at this level of germ paranoia you’re living in the wrong city. Cue some crazy comment about how “well in New York the trash is actually a lot cleaner than in other cities” or whatever.
Please spare me. I am not personally asking. I am stating that this should be official protocol. I live in the city that has sanitation grades plastered on every restaurant in the city, so I'm not sure what type of city you think New York is, lol. It doesn't sound like you know it very well.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 6:08 PM

If you take the subway, you are breathing in human and rat excrement. If you don’t, you’re not a New Yorker.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 6:10 PM

Quote:
If you take the subway, you are breathing in human and rat excrement. If you don’t, you’re not a New Yorker.
What does this have to do with asking someone to cover the nose and mouth while cooking food?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
What does this have to do with asking someone to cover the nose and mouth while cooking food?
Relates back to your clear paranoia of human food workers breathing on you. It’s very classist. Yes, restaurants have grades for good reason. But if you’re that paranoid of a person in a restaurant breathing on you, you don’t belong in New York, which is filthy. Example includes the feces subway air, bubonic plague, roaches, rats. All disease carrying. This is a well known fact and anyone who is too germ phobic shouldn’t be living in New York.

There’s a huge difference between taking a crap and rubbing it on someone’s food and breathing. Lol

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Relates back to your clear paranoia of human food workers breathing on you.
Not on me. On my food. Stay on target. This debate tactic of shifting the meaning of people's words is really annoying.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 7:03 PM
BANNED

Wear a mask if you want, don't wear one if you don't want to. I'm ok with people prepping food to wear a mask and hair net. I'd rather get Covid again than pull a hair from out of my mouth, that is like nails on a chalk board for me.

2 years later, where almost everyone in this country has either been vaccinated or has had Covid once, twice or 3 times, or fully vaccinated and infected and we are beating a dead horse at this point in regards to masks.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 11:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
You're mischaracterizing what I said. But without getting into details, yes, I kept track of who I was in close contact with.
You, an infected person with Covid, "kept track of" all people you came in contact with? That's a relief and I feel better knowing this. The easy thing you could've done is to isolate, like we've all been instructed and mandated to do and is still advised by the CDC to do so.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 11:53 PM

According to the Worldometers, the US will reach 1,000,000 deaths by the end of this week.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 12:21 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Should we stop requiring them to wash their hands after dropping a deuce to improve retention? Raise their wages if that's really an issue.
Wearing a mask for an entire shift is no where comparable to taking 30 seconds washing hands...which isn't easily enforced anyway. Paying them more isn't going to solve retention, not if the Target next door pays the same but doesn't require masks, smelling like grease or working late to close.

I feel for retail/ restaurant employees who are still have to wear a shitty mask when it's largely for show seeing that the public isn't required to. The kid without a mask next table over coughing and sneezing all over the place isn't the issue but maskless wait staff are.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
According to the Worldometers, the US will reach 1,000,000 deaths by the end of this week.
Well we don't have reliable data out of most of Africa and Asia

well have to wait for years for an accurate count. It will be done by studies on pollution levels and consumption patters probably.

There is actuall a legitimate problem in US covid deaths of people dying with covid and being counted as a covid death. Don't think its an enormous % of it but that does exist. But really the biggest thing is Obesity which is highly correlated with death and hospitalization from covid.

The US has lots of old fat former smokers which makes up the VAST majority of the deaths.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Wearing a mask for an entire shift is no where comparable to taking 30 seconds washing hands...which isn't easily enforced anyway. Paying them more isn't going to solve retention, not if the Target next door pays the same but doesn't require masks, smelling like grease or working late to close.
They would just need to wear it while handling food. It's the same concept as wearing disposable gloves.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN Man View Post
You, an infected person with Covid, "kept track of" all people you came in contact with? That's a relief and I feel better knowing this. The easy thing you could've done is to isolate, like we've all been instructed and mandated to do and is still advised by the CDC to do so.
Clearly it was a short list of people if I was able to keep track of that. Not sure why this needed to be spelled out. I thought this was pretty obvious.

Anyway, the bottom line is that masks work when used properly.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 2:03 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
^^What an absurd false equivalency.

But by all means, if you want to pay more for food served by the masked underclass you’re proposing, tip them 50% instead of 20%. You could even requested masked only waiters. You might be laughed out of the restaurant, but I’m assuming you’ll be able to find a few restaurants in New York that are still in their covid fever dreams and love them some masks.
umm, more than a few.

why not just let the private establishments come around to whatever they want to come around to on their own time.

i mean since its up to them now who are you to say.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Well we don't have reliable data out of most of Africa and Asia

well have to wait for years for an accurate count. It will be done by studies on pollution levels and consumption patters probably.

There is actuall a legitimate problem in US covid deaths of people dying with covid and being counted as a covid death. Don't think its an enormous % of it but that does exist. But really the biggest thing is Obesity which is highly correlated with death and hospitalization from covid.

The US has lots of old fat former smokers which makes up the VAST majority of the deaths.
In fact, the excess of deaths in the US (2020-2021) indicates a slightly bigger number of Covid victims, around 1.1 million. The US and Brazil managed to track their Covid deaths quite well.

Countries like Mexico, Russia and most of Latin America and Eastern Europe showed a massive difference on the official number of Covid deaths and the excess deaths.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 2:52 PM
Environmental Sabotage

With China doing one of its severe lockdowns again I imagine we will take a couple steps back regarding supply chain issues.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
umm, more than a few.

why not just let the private establishments come around to whatever they want to come around to on their own time.

i mean since its up to them now who are you to say.
A few pages I mentioned that LOTS of people in New York are still wearing masks. LOTS, if guess upwards of 30-40% of people, outside, on the street.

I was then met by a bunch of New York reality deniers who said that hardly anyone in New York are wearing masks. That no runner or jogger is still wearing masks.

Now you’re saying “more than a few restaurants” are still requiring masks and living their covid fever dreams.

Funny, a few days ago nobody in New York was wearing masks according to the NY supremacists, now there are lots of restaurants still requiring masks. Funny how the narrative shifts and ultimately proves my point.

New York is still holding on to their covid fantasy.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 3:42 PM

Quote:
A few pages I mentioned that LOTS of people in New York are still wearing masks. LOTS, if guess upwards of 30-40% of people, outside, on the street.

I was then met by a bunch of New York reality deniers who said that hardly anyone in New York are wearing masks. That no runner or jogger is still wearing masks.

Now you’re saying “more than a few restaurants” are still requiring masks and living their covid fever dreams.

Funny, a few days ago nobody in New York was wearing masks according to the NY supremacists, now there are lots of restaurants still requiring masks. Funny how the narrative shifts and ultimately proves my point.

New York is still holding on to their covid fantasy.
So because SOME restaurants require staff to wear masks, which is definitely true, that must mean everybody is also jogging around NYC while wearing masks (which is definitely false)? You really don't see an in-between there, huh?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 4:07 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
So because SOME restaurants require staff to wear masks, which is definitely true, that must mean everybody is also jogging around NYC while wearing masks (which is definitely false)? You really don't see an in-between there, huh?
not to mention -- muh "New York reality deniers" and "the NY supremacists" and a personal favorite, muh "nobody in New York was wearing masks."

i think he only drives on one way streets.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
With China doing one of its severe lockdowns again I imagine we will take a couple steps back regarding supply chain issues.
What’s amazing is that some in the US (or at least the NYT comment sections) think they are doing a “better job” with Covid. Words fail…
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 6:31 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
What’s amazing is that some in the US (or at least the NYT comment sections) think they are doing a “better job” with Covid. Words fail…
One model is that you have to "pay the cost" of letting covid infections spread through the population in order for it to acquire immunity. In this regime, China's strategy is delaying the inevitable and raising the long-term cost.

I don't think that model is anywhere near 100% accurate but it's much closer to being true than a lot of people think (certainly the #zerocovid crowd), particularly in countries with no prospect of further vaccination and/or low efficacy vaccines.

A lot of people seem to overrate the impact of vaccination on spread (they think it makes a huge difference) and underrate the impact of recovery from infection (they think it does little or nothing and is much worse than vaccination).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions