HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
Wait a sec, isn't the underground storage basin on Venice Island suppose to mitigate the excessive stormwater and flooding issues. It can hold up to 4 million gallon if necessary. Manayunk Brewing Co., in past years have been flooded but because of the construction of this underground tank, it should mitigate all but 100 year storms like Hurricane Ida (1 of the 2 worst in our history). Point is, the proposed project sits near the Manayunk Brewing Co., so all business and residential including new projects in Manayunk should benefit from a reduction in flooding issues except for the most exceptional one. Perhaps, a bank might stomach the risk knowing this fact and flood insurance (due to being in a flood plain) should further mitigate their exposure to any loss.
Depending on how often they expect this tank to be taking on water, too bad they can't include a couple of levels of parking. Parking problems seem like they have been an issue since Le Bus moved into Manayunk 20 some years ago. Some central parking with a shuttle bus service might be a real godsend.

Trolley colors, this plan, if it happens, is years and years away; remember among all the molehills to be climbed is a small one called funding. This is SEPTA, of course they'll screw up, but why not just count on that and plan on a new paint or decal job after 5 years. SEPTA's planning has little to nothing to do with SEPTA's actual future.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 8:53 PM

Demolition Prep Starts At 417 Callowhill Street

Project rendering:

Current progress:

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/09/demo...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 8:57 PM

Site Cleared At 711 North 7th Street In Poplar

Site plan:

Current progress:

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has confirmed that a site has been partially cleared for the construction of three mixed-use buildings at 711 North 7th Street (full address 711-19 North 7th Street) in Northern Liberties, Lower North Philadelphia, which will hold a combined total of 21 apartments. Each building will stand four stories tall and feature residential and commercial space and a green roof. Building number one will span a 1,662-square-foot ground footprint, hold 7,220 square feet of interior space, include five residential units, and cost $866,400 to build. Buildings number two and number three will each rise from a 2,407-square-foot ground footprint, hold 10,504 square feet of space, feature eight residential units, and cost $1.26 million to construct. For each of the filings, permits list T & C Fairmount LLC as the owner, Brett Harman of Harman Deutsch Ohler Architecture as the design professional, and Qi Wei Chen as the contractor.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/09/site...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 8:59 PM

Construction Underway At 4211-13 Chestnut Street In Spruce Hill

Quote:
Philly YIMBY has recently visited the construction site of a multi-family building at 4211-13 Chestnut Street in University City, West Philadelphia. The new building will stand seven stories tall and will house 100 residential units, each an apartment. A roof deck will be located at the top of the build and will be accessed through a pilot house. In total, there will be 68,210 square feet of space within structure, which will cost an estimated $4 million to build.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/10/cons...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 9:01 PM

Construction Complete At 3951 Lancaster Avenue In Mantua

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has revealed that construction is complete at a seven-unit mixed-use building at 3951 Lancaster Avenue in Mantua, West Philadelphia. The building is projected to rise four stories tall, with a commercial space to be located on the ground floor and residential units above. The building will also feature a roof deck. In total, the structure is expected to yield 10,700 square feet of interior space and cost an estimated $1.25 million to build.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/10/3951...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 9:02 PM

Construction Complete At 3935 Lancaster Avenue In Mantua

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has confirmed the completion of construction at a ten-unit mixed-use development at 3935 Lancaster Avenue in Mantua, West Philadelphia. The new building will rise four stories tall and span 13,500 square feet, and will feature commercial space on the ground floor. Construction costs were listed at $2 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/10/cons...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 9:03 PM

Updated Renderings Revealed For 20-30 West Allens Lane In Mount Airy

Quote:
A multi-family development is going back before the Civic Design review before it is permitted to rise at 20-30 West Allens Lane in Mount Airy, Northwest Philadelphia. Upon completion, the building will stand four stories tall, with 26 parking spaces located at the ground floor. In total, Developed by Khosla Properties, the building will span 77,353 square feet and contain 76 residential units. CANNOdesign is the architectural firm behind the project.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/10/upda...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 9:04 PM

Credence Home Care Residences Proposed At 1901 West Westmoreland Street In Nicetown-Tioga

Project rendering:

Quote:
A Civic Design Review submission has revealed the plans for Credence Home Care Residences, a seven-story, 99-unit development proposed at 1901 West Westmoreland Street (full address 1901-11 West Westmoreland Street) in Nicetown-Tioga, North Philadelphia. The project, located at the northwest corner of West Westmoreland and North 19th streets, will consist of an expansion to an existing structure. Designed by J. Mark Wiedmann and developed by the Credence Home Care Agency, the development will span 97,017 square feet, which will feature 20 studios, 79 one-bedroom apartments (both age-restricted), a 4,579-square-foot adult day care facility, and 1,912 square feet of office space. Parking for 18 cars and 12 bicycles will also be provided.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/09/1901...nd-street.html

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 9:12 PM

Vitamin manufacturer expands in Northeast Philadelphia with 180,000-square-foot lease

Quote:
A California vitamin manufacturer is expanding in Northeast Philadelphia, leasing a 180,171-square-foot distribution center currently occupied by TJX Cos.

International Vitamin Corp. is moving into 2801 Red Lion Road in the first quarter of 2023, growing from the roughly 110,000 square feet it currently occupies nearby at 10101 Roosevelt Blvd. The company will occupy the entire building.

The Irvine, California, company touts itself as the No.1 manufacturer of store brand vitamin and nutritional supplements in the U.S.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...l-vitamin.html

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 11:34 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Depending on how often they expect this tank to be taking on water, too bad they can't include a couple of levels of parking. Parking problems seem like they have been an issue since Le Bus moved into Manayunk 20 some years ago. Some central parking with a shuttle bus service might be a real godsend.

Trolley colors, this plan, if it happens, is years and years away; remember among all the molehills to be climbed is a small one called funding. This is SEPTA, of course they'll screw up, but why not just count on that and plan on a new paint or decal job after 5 years. SEPTA's planning has little to nothing to do with SEPTA's actual future.
Parking is a challenge on Main Street for sure during weekends, but there are a few good size parking lots off Main Street when you cross over the Schuykill Canal to Venice Island. I like to use Manayunk Parking b/c it has a kiosk system. Credit Card and your license plate and you are good to go.

Not aware of trolleys for Manyunk. And, I suppose they operate that holding tank based on rain calculations, storms, and other variables and they can switch the pump on to empty it out to the Schuykill River as needed.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
I scooped him by several hours (I posted at 6:23AM), but Kyle McShane included a helpful numbered key in his post matching the slated tenants to their respective buildings in the plan.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Phil...9799150642048/

…and of course I always include a direct link to the relevant zoning permit with plans: http://s3.amazonaws.com/eclipse-docs...022-009142.pdf

…and a link to GroJLart’s excellent historical piece on Inolex from 2019: https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...emical-complex
Have you considered setting up a website or substack or something? I'd visit regularly but I refuse to support Facebook.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
Have you considered setting up a website or substack or something? I'd visit regularly but I refuse to support Facebook.
Jayfar has always had the inside scoop.

I actually think it's kind of funny how the members here do a way better job covering development news than any organization or reporters who are getting paid for it. Like has the Inquirer even had a story on what 2301 JFK is yet? Literally a massive lot on one of our biggest throughways and not a single peep lol..

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Demolition Prep Starts At 417 Callowhill Street

Project rendering:

Current progress:

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/09/demo...ladelphia.html
This project has me incredibly excited. If executed well, it could look great. And this is an area of the city that I think is primed to take-off in the near term. Walkability to NoLibs, Fishtown, North Broad, CC. It's a music lovers paradise with so many venues around, and it has some nice breweries and fooderies that have recently popped up.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleetMcDougle View Post
This project has me incredibly excited. If executed well, it could look great. And this is an area of the city that I think is primed to take-off in the near term. Walkability to NoLibs, Fishtown, North Broad, CC. It's a music lovers paradise with so many venues around, and it has some nice breweries and fooderies that have recently popped up.
This area IS taking off. It's nuts.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleetMcDougle View Post
With this housing shortage, I wish they’d greenlight 5-6 more this size. This area and Del Ave have potential to become real neighborhoods in near future.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 3:14 PM

I often lessen my expectations when projects are proposed in "off" locations. I would consider these blocks bound by 676 and Spring Garden as an area where any development is a positive but especially along this stretch of Callowhill that's essentially a 4 lane service road.

And yet 417 Callowhill would look right in place almost anywhere in Center City's inner core. Kudos to the developer for putting together a really nice looking project in an area of the city where "less" would have been acceptable. It's well designed, appropriate in size, parking is off to the side...it even has retail! The developers really went above and beyond here.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 3:38 PM
Chris

A few random update questions...

1. Is the Dilworth House condo project on Washington Square fully underway?

2. What is the status of the planned hotel project at 3rd & Walnut?

3. What is the renovation status of the bleak plazas around Penn Center? Notably this area. I read a year ago renovations were planned.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9531...7i16384!8i8192

4. What is the status renovation status of the also bleak Thomas Paine Plaza. A renovation similar to Dilworth / Love Park would create a beautiful plaza trifecta. I know this hasn't started, but wondered if there was an update.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9534...7i16384!8i8192

Old Posted Oct 4, 2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
Jayfar has always had the inside scoop.

I actually think it's kind of funny how the members here do a way better job covering development news than any organization or reporters who are getting paid for it. Like has the Inquirer even had a story on what 2301 JFK is yet? Literally a massive lot on one of our biggest throughways and not a single peep lol..
They have to take the time to write actual articles, not just drop a couple of sentences in an anonymous online forum. Not every development is worthy of that time, either.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
They have to take the time to write actual articles, not just drop a couple of sentences in an anonymous online forum. Not every development is worthy of that time, either.
you don't think 2301 JFK is important? The Inquirer finds time to write thousands of words of why the Gallery should stay a dump instead of being redeveloped, thousands of words of why "FDR's redesign is ruining communities of color", thousands of words on "is Fishtown's security detail causing gentrification?", and many many other nonsense opinions written as fact and editorials. Like the Philadelphia Business Journal should not be covering development better than the Inquirer.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2022, 1:34 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
you don't think 2301 JFK is important? The Inquirer finds time to write thousands of words of why the Gallery should stay a dump instead of being redeveloped, thousands of words of why "FDR's redesign is ruining communities of color", thousands of words on "is Fishtown's security detail causing gentrification?", and many many other nonsense opinions written as fact and editorials. Like the Philadelphia Business Journal should not be covering development better than the Inquirer.
The Inquirer is a shell of its former self. It is largely rag articles about injustices written at a barely literate level, any (pro) development news is against their sad agenda. (And I rarely see Philadelphia spelled in whole, which annoys me). And ironically many of the social justice warrior articles are written by young white college educated people...

For example...

FIFA is eyeing FDR Park for World Cup practice pitches. Communities of color are saying hands off.
https://www.inquirer.com/news/fifa-w...-20221004.html

There are a few solid Inquirer reporters/writers, but they are clouded by the daily clickbait nonsense. My Inquirer rant. .
And I couldn't recent articles about 2301 JFK, just the one they posted in 2020. They have a tidbit about the new apartment tower in U City.

Last edited by PHLtoNYC; Oct 4, 2022 at 1:44 PM. Reason: grammar edit

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development