HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 8, 2023, 9:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
We're fortunate in that regard. Firstly, the water level of our medium-sized lake doesn't deviate more than about 1-2 feet from a norm, and secondly, the cottage is 10-20 ft above the lake on a fairly gentle slope. Interior flooding is not a problem we will face, but it is one of many variables that makes cottage ownership daunting and off-putting to many people. As someone who has had cottages in the family his entire 48 years, I can understand that distaste. Cottages do involve a lot of work (and sometimes expense), especially at the beginning and end of the season, but once that toil and trouble is out of the way, typically within the span of a weekend, the sense of tranquility is unbeatable. Much of the question surrounding whether a cottage is right for you comes down to whether you have enough time to spend there. If not, don't bother. Renting or mooching off cottage-owning friends/relatives are better options.
I am fortunate that even at this level, I am over 20 feet higher than the current water level. I have been saying that if I can still drive on the road to my home, I am not concerned

For me, .there are about 4 days of work a year needed. That includes getting the dock in and out and moving the patio furniture. It isn't even long days. The dock is an afternoon ordeal, and the same goes for the patio furniture. Well worth the work.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario