HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlrush1 View Post
I hope 504 Golf still moves forward with this announcement. The old Times Picayune site is a huge eye soar right now

Topgolf back on for Convention Center's riverside development
https://www.nola.com/news/business/n...af7a871c5.html

Fox 8's article is a little more detailed with an updated plan:

https://www.fox8live.com/2023/02/15/...this-november/
Interesting to see updated site plans. This one's got the professional soccer stadium included, which is the first details I've seen about it beyond the rumor that they were putting it somewhere in the River District plans. It could be a great soccer venue if the area is built up as much as they're planning. Reminds me of Portland's super popular MLS stadium right in the middle of downtown.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 2:20 PM
-

I really cant see that 504 Golf thing moving forward at this point. I certainly wouldnt do it... sad thing is the old Times building being left and repurposed would have been the better move longterm. One thing I think to consider is Mardi Gras World is going to have to move at some point.. i think the old times site would actually be an amazing location for them with a lot of visibility for people coming into the CBD.. also there are already quite a few float dens in that area like muses and bacchus

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 2:21 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Personally I hope they keep it as an office tower; I know that’s wishful thinking as there is little appetite for corporations to come to New Orleans-but still would be nice. I can see the South Market developers maybe taking a chance on Plaza.
Theres no reason they couldnt make it a mixed use facility with offices in the fatter portion on the bottom. And hotel apartments up top.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 2:34 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
Interesting to see updated site plans. This one's got the professional soccer stadium included, which is the first details I've seen about it beyond the rumor that they were putting it somewhere in the River District plans. It could be a great soccer venue if the area is built up as much as they're planning. Reminds me of Portland's super popular MLS stadium right in the middle of downtown.
Yeah I would love that venue right there and they could move the rugby team here too...

Also, are they going to have to move a portion of Melpomene over a bit to accomodate the Top Golf? I know the facilities have to be situated with the bays facing east so they avoid the evening sun.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 4:03 PM

Also what’s going on with 1010 Common? Weren’t the owners trying to force out all remaining office tenants awhile back? Are they still turning it into a hotel ?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Also what’s going on with 1010 Common? Weren’t the owners trying to force out all remaining office tenants awhile back? Are they still turning it into a hotel ?
Haven't heard anything regarding the project, but this website is advertising modern office space there. Can't remember if it was slated for mixed-use or total hotel/residential(?).

https://www.1010commonst.com/

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 7:28 PM
-

McDonnell has bids out for subcontractors to do work on that conversion to a Dual Branded hotel and a few floors of modern office space. Hotels are element and fairmont. Two pools one on rooftop thatI think will become the highest pool in NOLA if I’m correct

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 9:17 PM

Soccer stadium

The Top Golf location appears to fit well into the plans of River District. I think it would be more appropriate for a soccer stadium (or a hybrid soccer/minor league baseball stadium) to be built between the sea of parking lots bound by Poydras, Loyola, O’Keefe and Union. Building it there would keep all of our sports venues close, breathe new life into the area, keep the area vibrant year-round with sporting events, benefit from the revitalized Charity, and the Mobile - New Orleans Amtrak line.

It would be nice to see an IKEA in River District.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyscorpio View Post
The Top Golf location appears to fit well into the plans of River District. I think it would be more appropriate for a soccer stadium (or a hybrid soccer/minor league baseball stadium) to be built between the sea of parking lots bound by Poydras, Loyola, O’Keefe and Union. Building it there would keep all of our sports venues close, breathe new life into the area, keep the area vibrant year-round with sporting events, benefit from the revitalized Charity, and the Mobile - New Orleans Amtrak line.

It would be nice to see an IKEA in River District.
So is this USL on par with the NBA, NFL,MLB and NHL? Or is it a minor league ?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 10:41 PM

Soccer staduim

Quote:
So is this USL on par with the NBA, NFL,MLB and NHL? Or is it a minor league ?
The USL is a professional minor league, one level under the Major League Soccer. Memphis' USL and minor league baseball teams share their downtown stadium.

Indianapolis is on par with New Orleans as we both have a NBA and NFL team. They also have an USL team

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyscorpio View Post
The USL is a professional minor league, one level under the Major League Soccer. Memphis' USL and minor league baseball teams share their downtown stadium.

Indianapolis is on par with New Orleans as we both have a NBA and NFL team. They also have an USL team
And the goal in New Orleans is to have a men's and a women's team.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Yeah I would love that venue right there and they could move the rugby team here too...

Also, are they going to have to move a portion of Melpomene over a bit to accomodate the Top Golf? I know the facilities have to be situated with the bays facing east so they avoid the evening sun.
The renderings suggest they're going with more of a north-south configuration, but yeah it does look like they want to move or even dead-end Melpomene? It's hard to tell, kinda looks like they're putting it through a parking lot, maybe like Costco did.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 2:44 PM

I'm interested in what they're going to do with the power plant. Last I heard, I think it's visioned as a large mixed use facility (entertainment, apartments, offices, etc.).

That would be a great area for a Punch Bowl Social.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 7:56 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
I'm interested in what they're going to do with the power plant. Last I heard, I think it's visioned as a large mixed use facility (entertainment, apartments, offices, etc.).

That would be a great area for a Punch Bowl Social.
Well the developers behing River District purchased that property so will definitely be something that ties into the general vibe there. That Power Plant will definitely be a neat building once fixed up

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Well the developers behing River District purchased that property so will definitely be something that ties into the general vibe there. That Power Plant will definitely be a neat building once fixed up
I agree , it deserves a second life and hopefully more and more of these blighted properties in and around the city will be put back into use. I’m the most excited about the Charity redevelopment/renovation as that will complete transform the downtown medical district.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 4:19 PM
-

522 Montegut St (Ref. Code: 2LK3SK)
NO HDLC Architectural Review Committee
Description
Construction of a 2,000 SF roof top addition at a Contributing four-story, mixed use building.
Hearing Date: Mar 14 2023 12:30PM

Old Posted Feb 23, 2023, 5:55 PM
-

Convention Center Board Authorizes Funding To Begin Roof Replacement Project, Sets Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP)
NEWSJANUARY 25, 2023 SHARE
NEW ORLEANS — The Ernest N. Morial New Orleans Exhibition Hall Authority (NOEHA) today took action authorizing nearly $37M in funding for the repair and replacement of the 41-acre roof of the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. This allows work to move forward on the first major improvement of the physical building itself under the approved $557M capital improvement plan. The roof replacement is the first major element of work under the Construction Manager at Risk process (“CMAR”).

“This is a major milestone for the Convention Center and for the future of our facility,” said Convention Center President, Michael J. Sawaya. “Replacing the roof is a critical first step towards upgrading our building and enhancing the experience we offer our clients, exhibitors and guests. We are glad to be moving the process forward on schedule.”

With today’s action, the Authority brought forward the negotiated Guaranteed Maximum Price (“GMP”) for the roof project, amending the CMAR contract. Construction is anticipated to begin as early as March of this year, and to be completed in approximately 12-14 months.

The process for replacing the roof will be much like that used for the Caesar’s Superdome, which will reduce the number of days events might be interrupted. The oldest section of the roof is nearly 40 years old, the newest vintage 1999 — none of which has been replaced previously. With the roof protecting literally millions of dollars’ worth of exhibits at any given time this news, and the future renovations of the interior, will be celebrated by existing and new users of the Convention Center.

The Convention Center roof measures over 1.9M square feet, making it one of the largest roofs in the city. It diverts more than 90% of rainwater that falls on it directly into the Mississippi River, reducing strain on New Orleans’ drainage system. The new roof system is designed to better reflect heat, and added insulation will contribute to increased energy savings — both of which are goals in keeping with the Convention Center’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification status.

Ernest N. Morial New Orleans Exhibition Hall Authority Authorizes Amendment to Master Development Agreement with RDNI

https://exhallnola.com/ernest-n-mori...ent-with-rdni/

Old Posted Feb 23, 2023, 6:55 PM
-

Senior Living Community Celebrates Grand Opening on Carrollton

https://www.bizneworleans.com/senior...on-carrollton/

Disney Magic Sets Sail from New Orleans

https://www.bizneworleans.com/disney...m-new-orleans/

Old Posted Feb 23, 2023, 6:59 PM
-

36-15863 Alcohol: Class A - Restaurant Beer and Liquor CCRC 541 DECATUR LLC CRESCENT CITY CAFE
539 DECATUR ST # 541
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130 Active Feb 14, 2023 May 31, 2023

36-15827 Alcohol: Class A - Restaurant Beer and Liquor MDK 233 DECATUR LLC POT HOLE
233 DECATUR ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130-1015 Active Feb 13, 2023 May 31, 2023

36-15939 Alcohol: Class A-General Beer and Liquor SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS LLC Down the Hatch French Quarter
817 SAINT LOUIS ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70112-3415 Active Feb 16, 2023 May 31, 2023

229 Royal St·Renovation (Structural) · Ref Code:VZG4F1
View Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
John C Williams
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/14/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
FOR VCC REVIEW PERMIT ONLY. To be built under other building permit. Addition of a 1 story gallery to the front façade of 229 Royal 22-32379-RNVS

13801 Old Gentilly Rd·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:0QQGEZ
View Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Erik Wismar
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/16/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Interior build out of an existing warehouse for specialty production line.

630 Chartres St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:1ZU6A7
Type:
Applicant:
Price Provenzano
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/16/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Change of Use from a Coffee Shop to Retail. Replacing bathroom fixtures and repairing drop ceiling. Repairing crown molding and drywall. Painting interior. Replacing lighting. Sending and buffing floor.

644 Camp St, 1st floor vacant space·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:K6BKX1
Type:
Applicant:
Southern Skin and Wellnes
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/17/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Tennant Build-Out of 1st floor business portion of building; I live above office space on 2nd floor.

1431 St Louis St·Board of Building Standards and Appeals · Project #BBSA 23-13 · Ref Code:4KFW7H
Type:
Board of Building Standards and Appeals
Applicant:
Authority Of New Orleans Housing, WD Phase 1 LP Judith Morgan
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/17/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Appeal to allow use of construction type V-A within the Inner Fire Limits District

329 N Diamond St·HDLC COA · Ref Code:MRD1X6
View Print Summary Submit Remove from Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Studio Bka LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
2/15/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Enclosure following the partial demolition of an existing warehouse building.

612 Piety St·HDLC COA · Permit #23-04523-HDLC · Ref Code:QB6ACZ
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Baruch Rabasa
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
2/16/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Change from vacant space to coffee roasting facility

518 Gravier St·Interior Demolition · Ref Code:1TNABG
Type:
Interior Demolition
Applicant:
William Salzer
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/16/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Interior demolition permit ONLY. Existing structure will be used for future renovation on separate permit applications. No use or occupancy. Renovation requires separate permit.

1100 Poydras St, Suite 150·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:8FFZ17
Type:
Applicant:
Ardeneaux Carol Ann
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/14/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Interior renovations of existing space. Old Allegro Space

201 Chartres St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:QJBX0U
Type:
Applicant:
Bavido Samuel
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/20/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
INTERIOR - NON STRUCTURAL RENOVATION. MIXED USE IBC 508. - 4 STORY BUILDING. 16 APARTMENTS ON THE UPPER FLOORS TO REMAIN UNDISTURBED. THE 1ST FLOOR SINGLE TENANT SPACE WAS RENOVATED IN 2013 FOR USE AS "CRESCENT CITY COOKS", ASSEMBLY /MERCANTILE WITH BANQUET VENUE & TEACHING. BECOMES RESTAURANT W/ MERCANTILE ACCESSORY

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 2:13 AM

With the River District taking up so much space in that area, I wonder if the owners of Mardi Gras World will consider moving ?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations