HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 9, 2020, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
It was most likely never viewable from that angle due to being hidden by 555 California Street. Even when the top can be seen, the Pyramid has been insignificant from many south to north views for decades.
I'm older--Herb Cain and I saw it.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 1:52 AM

A couple of shots of some mid-rise projects from around the city just before the holidays...

First, a few from the projects on 16th, in the Mission (not shown, 1950 Mission and 2060 Folsom / 17th & Folsom):

1990 Folsom — Growing quickly.

490 Van Ness — Patiently waiting to see this one finished and hoping it turns out ok.

From Hayes Valley:

Parcel O - Finally complete and filled in (not shown Parcel T which is prob close to done with frame and foundation by now).

From Market St:

950 Market / Serif — Slowly rising above the fence.

1066 Market — Nearing completion, with a large hole next store for 1088.

There are a few more in the Mission around 14th and Valencia that I'll try to get pics of the next time I'm over there, too.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2020, 10:36 PM
heavy user of walkability

posted this in the Mission Bay thread also, but for more general consumption:

Quote:
looks like work on Mission Rock may have begun

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 6:42 AM
heavy user of walkability

skyline from Potrero Hill last weekend

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 5:53 PM

FYI - New thread (Proposals): 598 Brannan St (Brannan Square)

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 1:13 AM
Build Baby Build

300 Grant

Proposal:

Reality:

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 5:03 AM

^^Somehow I don't think that's going to age well.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 7:56 PM
Metal Up Your !

Good grief that is garrish. Who's going to take the time to clean all that scattered surface area on the shitty outer cross-bracing? It's a dust,dirt, grime magnet.

Not to mention the design of it looks unfinished, a temporary placeholder for a permanent building.

Wtf?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 11:04 PM

Small Construction South of Market Street

A view from my apartment of some of what is happening now to give a view of how much is going on. A lot of construction going on! The yellow insulation on the building in the foreground left is an addition of what appears to be an elevator shaft & new roof.

When I was out last night I noticed that the Fox Plaza has some subtle lighting from top to bottom on the south side of the building, a first for this 50 year old building. I presume the same lighting scheme is on the north side as well.

View from my Apartment

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
When I was out last night I noticed that the Fox Plaza has some subtle lighting from top to bottom on the south side of the building, a first for this 50 year old building. I presume the same lighting scheme is on the north side as well.
Quote:
August 28, 2018

. . . the Plaza’s new ownership team is about to launch a two-pronged renovation project “to greatly improve the appearance” of its 29-story tower.

In addition to a fresh coat of paint, new exterior lights will be added to the spandrels on the north and south sides of the tower, running from the ground to its rooftop (which will be illuminated along with the tower’s 13th floor).
https://socketsite.com/archives/2018...ghborhood.html

I assume you were noticing the progress they've made in 18 months. Has the brown to gray transition also been completed?

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
https://socketsite.com/archives/2018...ghborhood.html

I assume you were noticing the progress they've made in 18 months. Has the brown to gray transition also been completed?
Pedestrian - yes, the gray painting has ended. My balcony is gray from top to bottom. The broken concrete on the floor has been repaired & sealed. I am surprised that I actually like the grey - I usually don't like that color. My balcony was closed of a month while the work was being done - my privacy is back! I call the Fox Plaza the Wincester House as work is constant here. As I speak a major remodel is happening at night in the business lobby.

Old Posted Today, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
Pedestrian - yes, the gray painting has ended. My balcony is gray from top to bottom. The broken concrete on the floor has been repaired & sealed. I am surprised that I actually like the grey - I usually don't like that color. My balcony was closed of a month while the work was being done - my privacy is back! I call the Fox Plaza the Wincester House as work is constant here. As I speak a major remodel is happening at night in the business lobby.
I have discovered work needs to be almost constant at a building of that size and age. They're doing it at mine too which is not as tall but has a much larger footprint. We are in the middle of a multiyear project to replace the windows (thank G*d mine have been completed--like with your balcony, I had scaffolding in front of my windows for 2 summers (I face both east and west so one summer on each side). We've already redone the roof (which I was happy about because I'm on the top floor and had some leaks where the roof met the parapet). Some years ago the building was covered with an elastomeric coating--sort of like paint but more protective--and I'm guessing it will soon be time to redo that. We've replaced hallway carpeting at least twice I can recall, new hallway light fixtures at least once. And the elevators need constant work (we all knew the developer cut corners on those in the beginning). And we've redone the lobby floor at least twice, replaced the furniture at least once. All this since the building was new in 1982.

Since mine is a condo, CA law requires a 30-year plan for projected maintenance (and where the money is coming to pay for it) and we've got stuff planned out that far. The plan has to be redone every year too.

If I lived in a rental building like Fox Plaza, I'd be glad the owner has deep enough pockets (like Essex) to keep up with the maintenance to keep it nice.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations