HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Today, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
That site in Old City? They took down the building and the lot has been for sale for about a year. $1.3 milly, IIRC.
There was a project proposed there but they didn't really stick to the historic facade at all so it was rejected by the commission.

Old Posted Today, 5:58 PM

Can we all agree that the Philly Suburbs is a great example of how City/Suburbs can have light rail and transit that work together.

For example Upper Darby, Springfield, Merion & Bala all have light rail even in some people's back yards!

You can actually live in these areas and catch a train to the city or vice versa, you really could be carless in these areas. I think if people took the time to research and see examples of light rail and suburbs working they would be less hesitant to say no.

Philly is a good example of transit we just didn't built everything due to a lack of money.

Old Posted Today, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Anyone remember 545 North Broad, the proposed 9-story building at Broad and Brandywine (just above Spring Garden)? Well, I noticed new fencing up around the site while out on my walk yesterday. Additionally, I noticed a demo permit, with demo being scheduled to start on or after today. Suffice to say, I think this project is about to start up soon!

Rendering for reference:

Also, on my Tuesday afternoon walk, I noticed that 2602 and 2604 West Girard Avenue are both currently undergoing interior demo. This likely means that 2600 West Girard is also about to start soon!
My synagogue, Congregation Rodeph Shalom, is across Green St. from the proposed Broad St. building...really hope it happens.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development