HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

270 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 3:27 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
Will this be the largest (by volume, not square footage) building in NYC? It seems larger than 1 WTC and 30 Hudson Yards.
No. It would be in the top 10 maybe. But it wouldn't even be larger than the nearby MetLife. It's nearly 2.5 gsf. It would currently only be 3rd largest under construction when you factor in both the Spiral and 50 Hudson, which are a little larger.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 4:16 PM

Again I am not asking about any of the square footage definitions, but volume measured in cubic feet. I found this table but it stops at 1 million m^3 (35 million cu ft): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._usable_volume

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 4:26 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
No. It would be in the top 10 maybe. But it wouldn't even be larger than the nearby MetLife. It's nearly 2.5 gsf.
2.5 billion square feet! damn

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 4:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
Again I am not asking about any of the square footage definitions, but volume measured in cubic feet. I found this table but it stops at 1 million m^3 (35 million cu ft): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._usable_volume
I think it will run the same way, especially with the newer construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
2.5 billion square feet! damn
That should read 2.5 gsf in terms of just floor space.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2020, 3:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Nov 3, 2020, 5:12 AM

Looks like this building will have the highest habitable floors in the city along with CPT, 1 WTC and 30 Hudson.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 6:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Back with some goodies to view....

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
10/07/2020

ERECTING OF TABLE TOP STEEL IN CONJUNCTION TO NEW BUILDING #121205604.

_

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 7:18 PM
BANNED

Thank you, Lord Foster!!!

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 7:35 PM

those E/W faces are something else. Beautifully tapered. By contrast, the N/S faces set back to give it a very New York look from a different angle.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 7:50 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Thank you, Lord Foster!!!
Can't wait to see actual renderings. This will be an amazing tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
those E/W faces are something else. Beautifully tapered. By contrast, the N/S faces set back to give it a very New York look from a different angle.
Yes, the tapering was a nice surprise for me. It is a very NY looking building, and on a side not, I thought it just happens to look like a Christmas tree.

Imagine if they lit it like one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AkZ2SijQOE

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 9:35 PM

interesting to see the design is still evolving. That explains why the professional renderings are taking so long. I'm kinda going to miss the east and west setbacks being asymmetrical. but I'm really dinging the north south facades tapering in. Looks like I have to update my 3d model lol.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 12:55 AM

It be cool if it had a double spire, sort of like a Chicago thing to blend in all these single spire in NY

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 2:25 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXFrank View Post
It be cool if it had a double spire, sort of like a Chicago thing to blend in all these single spire in NY
Leave that for Chicago, it defines the skyline there. I think 350 Park will have something like it though.

I've been looking at the crown of this thing, trying to figure out what they're planning for the roof. There has to be some mechanical window washing equipment up there somewhere.
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a new tower in the city that doesn't have it.

The massive base...

It's interesting also that the new building permit was being held up by the POPS certification. I knew they had to go back for final design approval, but though that had been done way back.
It's basically just a general layout of the plaza.

But we did get a look at it here...

Older version...

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 4:08 AM
BANNED

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 12:56 PM

Is it just me or does one Vanderbilt look taller than what it actually is in those models??

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 2:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwayze1994 View Post
Is it just me or does one Vanderbilt look taller than what it actually is in those models??
It looks taller because the spire is part of the crown, where in reality, you can see the difference.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 4:54 PM
DENNAB

Nice the floor count got bumped a bit too (title change )?

This building will likely have the highest occupied office floors in the city since they look about 1,220+ ish feet. 1WTC's highest offices are 1100+ and 30 Hudson, 1V and 3WTC all are about 1000. If Tower Fifth ever happens that'll likely steal that title though.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 8:43 PM
Ω

I like the symmetrical setbacks better than the staggered. It kind of nods to its art deco neighbors a bit.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 8:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post

This building will likely have the highest occupied office floors in the city since they look about 1,220+ ish feet. 1WTC's highest offices are 1100+ and 30 Hudson, 1V and 3WTC all are about 1000. If Tower Fifth ever happens that'll likely steal that title though.
There are 57 floors, with 3 sublevels, and 3 levels in the crown. I think that's why we've seen both 60 and 63 floor counts. The same thing happens with Vanderbilt. Not sure if Chase will go with the norm of these tall towers designating higher floor numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post

Because the Grand Hyatt floors will be above the hotel, there's a high probability it could have the highest occupied floors.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 4:39 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
There are 57 floors, with 3 sublevels, and 3 levels in the crown. I think that's why we've seen both 60 and 63 floor counts. The same thing happens with Vanderbilt. Not sure if Chase will go with the norm of these tall towers designating higher floor numbers.
Ah gotcha, considering your average person equates floor count with height it's better marketing to skip some so the highest offices are the 80 something and not the 50 something. It's a tall enough building to pull that off too.

Quote:
Because the Grand Hyatt floors will be above the hotel, there's a high probability it could have the highest occupied floors.
Didn't realize the offices would be up top on that one. Imagine looking down on the Empire State from an office floor, insane.

Last edited by Zapatan; Nov 12, 2020 at 6:46 PM. Reason: Typo

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction