HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 10:42 AM

http://www.m2developmentpartners.com...t-Overview.pdf

42-story hotel and residences (condos)
32-story residential high-rise
Architect SOM
Q1 2025 Completion

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 12:15 PM

My money is on the flag being a long-awaited Ritz-Carlton. The downtown Hilton between 4th & 5th was originally slated to be a R-C when it was proposed, but was changed for unknown reasons.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 4:05 PM
Nashville born and raised

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:12 PM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 4:31 PM

This would replace an earlier proposal for this site, also designed by Skidmore Owings and Merrill.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 11:03 PM

A forty story Four Seasons. Now a forty-two story Ritz Carlton. Maybe a Waldorf Astoria is next.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
A forty story Four Seasons. Now a forty-two story Ritz Carlton. Maybe a Waldorf Astoria is next.
I think the closest that Nashville will get to a Waldorf for some time will be the Conrad Hilton which is under construction.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
I think the closest that Nashville will get to a Waldorf for some time will be the Conrad Hilton which is under construction.
Nashville will probably get one. It's getting a One Hotel and an Edition Hotel. The only American cities that have them are NYC, LA, and Miami. The Waldorf's people can see all of the luxury hotels opening in Nashville. They'll want in on the action.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 1:36 AM

Nashville's new and proposed Hotel stock.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 27, 2021 at 1:26 PM.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 3:13 AM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

^^^Very impressive list of forthcoming hotels. However, just having a luxury (or ultra luxury) branded hotel does not mean it will achieve five-star (or five-diamond) status.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 6:28 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
^^^Very impressive list of forthcoming hotels. However, just having a luxury (or ultra luxury) branded hotel does not mean it will achieve five-star (or five-diamond) status.
I keep trying to explain this to people, but to no avail. Lol

I realize it's a bit of a silly thing to be irked by, but just because a hotel claims to be five star, or claims that they will be a five star, doesn't mean they are. As you alluded to, the five star rating is given out by a particular organization based on a particular set of criteria. I could claim to be a Nobel Prize Winner... doesn't mean it's true.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
I keep trying to explain this to people, but to no avail. Lol

I realize it's a bit of a silly thing to be irked by, but just because a hotel claims to be five star, or claims that they will be a five star, doesn't mean they are. As you alluded to, the five star rating is given out by a particular organization based on a particular set of criteria. I could claim to be a Nobel Prize Winner... doesn't mean it's true.
We now live in a world that embraces "alternative facts" as a norm. So, claim being a Nobel Prize Winner someone will believe it.

What you said is right on point. The brand of the hotel doesn't dictate the number of stars they receive. There's a Ritz Carlton in Pentagon City (Arlington, VA) that is quite nice, but it is not a Forbes 5 star hotel property. They gave it 4 stars. AAA also gave it 4 diamonds. Forbes and AAA are the ratings organizations that most luxury hotel properties strive to achieve their highest rankings. That being said, having a Conrad, Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton in Nashville, will to some degree elevate the cities image.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2021, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Who here said these would be 5-star? Or 5-diamond... or 5-whatever? Of course, Nashville already has one and likely the new brands will offer their best effort at another 5 star in town. We're talking brands here, and they don't have a lot of slack in their standards. Nashville already has a 5 Star. At various times it's either the Hermitage or the Union Station. But whatever the 'Stars Assigned' there's no doubt that Nashville has an incredible wealth of high level boutique hotels. Several of fine reputation have opened in the past few years. One of them may even be Nashville's next 5 star lodging property.

Additionally, the Four Seasons brand is a "5 Star" name and so would be the Ritz Carlton. A pissing contest over who has 5-stars or not is really silly, especially if you can't tell the difference between a 4-star and a 5-star. No doubt, Nashville has an abundance of 4-star hotels. Personally, I think Noelle will be the next 5-star for what it's worth. At least one of these new hotels will eventually become a 5-star, as these brands don't slouch on their service. They know how to play 'the game'. Regardless, Nashville punches well above its class in hotels, restaurants and other categories.

If you go to any 2-3 million metro/city, you'll find all the usual chains. In Nashville's case, celebrities are staying overnight all the time. So the bar is already very high.

With all the top-notch names opening hotels in Nashville, it's exciting to see which ones will rise above the next level.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2021, 2:48 AM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Who here said these would be 5-star? Or 5-diamond... or 5-whatever?
Settle down. MidTenn1 did - and he/she edited their post after I posed my comment.

Attaining the status of "Recommended", "4-Star", and/or "5-Star" is huge to the hotel and its operator. And to do so, one must achieve a certain (internationally recognized) set of standards.

It is what it is.

As previously mentioned. The two ranking authorities in this field are AAA & Forbes. And, it's very hard to reach 4-Star and 5-Star status ("diamond" with AAA).

According to Forbes' star rankings, the State of Tennessee has the following ranked hotels in their 2020 list:

-Blackberry Farm (Memphis; 4-Star)
-The Peabody (Memphis; 4-Star)
-Union Staion Hotel, Autograph Collection (Nashville; Recommended)

AAA records no 5-diamond hotels in Tennessee. However, AAA's 2020 listing shows the following as 4-diamond hotels in the Nashville Metro:

-Bobby
-Fairlane
-Hilton-Downtown
-Hilton-Green Hills
-Hilton-Franklin Cool Springs
-Holston House
-Hutton
-JW Marriott
-Kimpton Aertson
-Loews Vanderbilt
-Noelle
-Omni
-Renaissance
-Hermitage
-Westin
-Thompson
-Union Station

Old Posted Jan 28, 2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:

According to Forbes' star rankings, the State of Tennessee has the following ranked hotels in their 2020 list:

-Blackberry Farm (Memphis; 4-Star)
-The Peabody (Memphis; 4-Star)
-Union Staion Hotel, Autograph Collection (Nashville; Recommended)
Blackberry Farm is nowhere near Memphis. It's located outside of Knoxville in the Smoky Mountains in Blount County.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 5:04 PM

Moving on! Here's the next big twin-tower complex just this week! From the same developer building the Four Seasons, say "hello" to 2nd and Peabody.

Lots of great pictures of this project here https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...-rutledge-hill

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 7:05 PM
Future God

Holy shit!!!!!!!!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 7:39 PM

But that's not all folks. Third twin-tower complex announced just this week. Already the attached rendering is out of date because it doesn't include Voorhees by Somera Road. This one is already under construction and the developer wants to add the towers seen here.

Story and renderings here https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...for-two-towers

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Holy shit!!!!!!!!
What he said.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 3:50 AM

I am hearing there may be some news on the AEG front, but just rumors right now.

Also if you have the renderings Pete, post the mixed use project proposed in WeHo this week too.
Seven buildings of 4 to 6 stories from AJ Capital.

I h!ve a list I would love to post on here but I do not know how to post it. This is a list on a Google spreadsheet with all of the proposed, under construction projects with clickable links of renderings.
I have tried to post it but the formatting is off, so if anyone has any ideas or a way to post that list, let me know.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2021, 12:22 PM

Wedgewood Houston development...AJ Capital Development

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations