HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 6:17 PM

I would imagine Bayfront Park is probably tied to development of the Salesforce lots, so who knows when that'll come through.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 10:30 PM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Brady73 - though you've been a member for over a year, welcome to the (posting part of the) community. Hope you'll continue to participate! You raise a good question about the bayfront park. I'm sure timbad will be all over it if something gets started there.
I second the welcome!

as far as the parks, I don't know any more than I did when I posted this in December, unfortunately. but pg is right, that of course I will report any movement I see as soon as I see it

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 11:34 PM

Yes, longtime silent reader, so glad to finally be posting. As far as Bayfront park, I'm not sure if it's tied to Salesforce's parcels or not. There was a bond issuance several years back that covered among other things the building of Bayfront park. They were scheduled to do the shoreline work first which is finished, followed by the reconstruction of Terry Francois Blvd and the building of the park. The original schedule had them starting on the park in May, which obviously didn't happen, so something is delaying it, but hopefully they start within the next several months.

They are currently discussing another bond issuance proposal that would raise additional funds for park improvement projects around the city, with one of them being the renovation of Agua Vista park. So that little corner of MB will be looking great in a few years.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 1:25 AM

a few shots from around the 'hood...

here is the Third St side of Madrone:

and looking down China Basin Wy:

across China Basin Wy at the safety building site, looking north:

and south:

over on the block that Potrero Launch occupies most of, they recently tore down an additional building on the south/20th St side:

a closer look, which gives a glimpse of how Potrero Launch builds on and incorporates one of the existing brick buildings:

Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 5:36 AM
Sonoma Strong

Madrone looks very nice. I like Potrero Launch's adaptive reuse.

Looks like things are finally starting to come together.

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 10:38 PM
Droppin' Loads

Wow. Madrone looks SO much better with the white paint

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 12:07 AM
testify

wait, is that ground floor commercial space fronting 3rd?? didn't realize that madrone had that... wow

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 6:31 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^I didn't either and it's not indicated on this map of the MB plan. We'll have to keep an eye on that. Perhaps it just looks like retail right now?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 9:49 PM

A new (angle) rendering of the waterfront park at Mission Rock:

Source: http://sf.curbed.com

And an aerial view of the proposed development and how it fits into Lot A:

Source: www.livesoma.com

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 10:58 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Cool stuff!

Unimportant side note: They used an old photo for the skyline in the background: no ORH, Millennium or Infinity.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
A new (angle) rendering of the waterfront park at Mission Rock:

And an aerial view of the proposed development and how it fits into Lot A:
There's also a new (or at least new to me) version of the Mission Rock proposal in pdf format here: http://www.sf-port.org/ftp/uploadedf...osalDesign.pdf

Lots of renderings and info on the proposal.

Quote:
^I didn't either and it's not indicated on this map of the MB plan. We'll have to keep an eye on that. Perhaps it just looks like retail right now?
It never made sense to me that the original master plan didn't call for retail along Third Street instead of Fourth. It makes more sense to locate neighborhood-serving retail along the main street where the public transportation is. And I guess I'm not alone, since it seems individual developers are putting retail along Third. See page 14 of the Mission Rock proposal for what seems to be a more up-to-date use plan that takes actual retail locations into account, including at the base of the Madrone.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNBKLYN View Post
There's also a new (or at least new to me) version of the Mission Rock proposal in pdf format here: http://www.sf-port.org/ftp/uploadedf...osalDesign.pdf

It never made sense to me that the original master plan didn't call for retail along Third Street instead of Fourth. It makes more sense to locate neighborhood-serving retail along the main street where the public transportation is. And I guess I'm not alone, since it seems individual developers are putting retail along Third. See page 14 of the Mission Rock proposal for what seems to be a more up-to-date use plan that takes actual retail locations into account, including at the base of the Madrone.
Thanks for the .pdf! Love the "skyline concept diagram" with Mission Rock, Rincon Hill, Transbay, etc.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNBKLYN View Post

Thanks for the link, I've never seen this before, and I don't think it's been posted in this thread yet either.

Here are the skyline renderings:

Plan A, tallest tower 320':

Plan B, tallest tower 380':

Plan C, tallest tower 450':

This one looks like it's also plan C:

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 8:46 PM

Wow!! This is the first I have heard about the Mission Rock project and although I am not a big fan of a lot of the construction in Mission Bay (Madrone being one of the exceptions) this project looks like it would be awesome if it comes to fruition. I think tying in to McCovey Cove and AT&T park with an open space and water front access was a smart move by the developers.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriojas71 View Post
Wow!! This is the first I have heard about the Mission Rock project and although I am not a big fan of a lot of the construction in Mission Bay (Madrone being one of the exceptions) this project looks like it would be awesome if it comes to fruition. I think tying in to McCovey Cove and AT&T park with an open space and water front access was a smart move by the developers.
Well the developers are the Giants, so yea they are going to incorporate McCovey Cove

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman_95046 View Post
Well the developers are the Giants, so yea they are going to incorporate McCovey Cove
Kudos to them!!

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
I've been meaning to get some shots of how Madrone meets the sidewalk, but have been waiting for the scaffolding to get out of the way for a clearer look. I'll post as soon as I can

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 10:27 PM

Wow Mission Rock has some serious density! That makes me happy and is very appropriate for the area!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post

This one looks like it's also plan C:
I am curious as to why almost all renderings I have seen of Transbay Tower are purple.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 5:06 PM

Development Updates

Noticed some surveying work being done today at the Block 13 corner site, so they should hopefully be starting construction on that within the next few weeks.

Looks like Block 5 should commence sometime in August if still on schedule.

And Block 7 should commence construction in Feb. '13 based on the developer's goals.

Unfortunately, from some additional digging, it does appear the largest part of Bayfront park, P22, "is" tied to the Salesforce land being developed, so it will be some time before that is finally built. However, it does look like P23 and P24 should get started ahead of P22, some time within the next year.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development