HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Oct 20, 2019, 12:06 AM
Philly Rising Up!

there's a pretty website and a shipping container with the banner Liberty on the River right off the Washington Ave. exit off I-95. Guess they need money or something to start this.

http://libertyontheriver.com/developer/

I forgot to add this, looks like it went through CDR-so there may be hope if there's financing and demand.

https://philly.curbed.com/2019/5/21/...-project-tower

Last edited by iheartphilly; Oct 20, 2019 at 12:35 AM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
From the Lowrise thread:
At what point does this become not ridiculous?

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 9:16 PM

^^^ I'm not saying I think it will happen but when Waterfront Square went up, it was shocking for the same reasons. And as predicted, it became a disaster for the developer. They ran right into the market bust, poor sales, and couldn't even build out the development.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
At what point does this become not ridiculous?
When it’s done. I’m still not convinced this is happening. I just don’t see a lender in their right mind financing this project.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
^^^ I'm not saying I think it will happen but when Waterfront Square went up, it was shocking for the same reasons. And as predicted, it became a disaster for the developer. They ran right into the market bust, poor sales, and couldn't even build out the development.
Serious question, Northern Liberties and Fishtown are completely different neighborhoods today than they were before the recession when those three towers were built. With the neighborhoods seeing so much development and that development slipping under I95 and towards the waterfront what is stopping them from completing the last 2 of the 5 towers?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Serious question, Northern Liberties and Fishtown are completely different neighborhoods today than they were before the recession when those three towers were built. With the neighborhoods seeing so much development and that development slipping under I95 and towards the waterfront what is stopping them from completing the last 2 of the 5 towers?
Yea, and let's build Bridgeman's while we're at it!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Their website says 2 of the towers are completely sold out and reviews on Google seem to be very positive (for whatever that's worth).

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
From the Lowrise thread:
Maybe the norise thread? The won't rise thread...

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 1:53 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Sounds like inflate the land value with zoning, permits, etc., then flip for a nice profit....

No intent of really developing...

Hope to be wrong, but...consensus is...

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 6:54 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Great question-- the same developer just spent $12 Million on the big Delaware Ave/Poplar St/Canal St property

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 6:34 PM
PHL

Will watch this with squinty suspicious eyes for the next year or two. Hope to be put firmly in my place by a solid project but this is one LOFTY goal. Where's the money coming from? Needs to be marketed a bit better to drum up interest.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 9:38 PM

New Permits Today?!?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 9:46 PM

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 12:41 AM

PLEASE let this be it, if this thing gets going in any way its gonna be HUGE

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 3:49 PM

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 5:31 PM

^^ 606 units in 1 complex/building? Thats awesome!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 8:09 PM

Bets on this actually being built?

Old Posted Jun 30, 2023, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
Bets on this actually being built?
According to the permits and site plans the first phase is probably happening, which brings park space/trails and a 200+ft building with 606 units. If the permits speak the truth they still hold and intend to develop the piers and other site on land.
So in some degree i see at least part of it happening as planned, wouldnt shock me if they turn some of these towers into midrises instead though

Old Posted Jul 1, 2023, 4:09 AM

Everyone whom I've spoken to about this project hopes that it fails, and I completely agree. As I wrote earlier in this thread, a few years ago, this is a key portion of the only large green space that we have in the neighborhood. If you want to take a scenic walk along the river, this is where you go. Now developers want to bulldoze the trees, and put up in their place a suburban-type automobile-centric development — a five-story parking garage podium, topped by two towers, and a new street.

The claim about "extending" the Delaware bike and walking trail is hypocritical, since the trail already goes through this area, and has for some years. Apparently, the developers will merely rebuild and reconfigure the trail once construction is completed.

The claim that they will add more parkland that is accessible to the public is also false; this represents a large loss of green space. The total "public space" that the developers are claiming in order to gain zoning concessions includes the piers, when and if they are ever developed with buildings, where 31 percent will supposedly remain open to the public.

The city has maintained a beautiful but small public park to the north of this proposed development (Pier 53 / Washington Avenue Green), and it has wonderful plans for a park, new wetlands, and trails on and around the piers below it. But this privately owned parcel, plus the development on the former Foxwoods land just to the south, stand in the way of uniting any plans for one long linear plot.

I am all for developing Delaware Avenue as a truly urban pedestrian-friendly boulevard, and filling in the vast parking lots of the area with new housing and shops. But this suburban-type high-rise proposal, while causing more automobile congestion, will achieve nothing positive for the city. The best thing would be if community opposition would somehow defeat this proposal, so the Parks Department or another public entity could acquire it for parkland.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2023, 2:35 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals