HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 11:57 PM

No its a different lot for sure, the 601 N Central is the full block to the South (proposed at 39-story but rendering appeared as 32ish). And there is another proposal that is supposed to be a 25-story at NEC of Central and Pierce (West side of alley).

So essentially that's 3 tower projects flanking Pierce between Central and 1st Street.

Sorry for the elementary school markup... but hope that shows the locations.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAZ View Post
No its a different lot for sure, the 601 N Central is the full block to the South (proposed at 39-story but rendering appeared as 32ish). And there is another proposal that is supposed to be a 25-story at NEC of Central and Pierce (West side of alley).

So essentially that's 3 tower projects flanking Pierce between Central and 1st Street.

Sorry for the elementary school markup... but hope that shows the locations.
Awesome, thanks! More is better.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 2:42 AM

^^

I’m still cringing at the fact that the 32-story tower takes up the ENTIRE city block. Maybe if it was two towers? Simply look to the north and the potential for 3 towers on one block. (I believe the City owns that empty parcel…wonder what their plans are)

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Mar 16, 2022 at 2:59 AM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
^^

I’m still cringing at the fact that the 32-story tower takes up the ENTIRE city block. Maybe if it was two towers? Simply look to the north and the potential for 3 towers on one block. (I believe the City owns that block…wonder what their plans are)
Yeah I would prefer it be broken up a bit as well.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 6:27 AM

I really hope these projects have retail. We are now getting to a point where potential retail pads are being turned to apartment podiums and I dont want a downtown full of parking structures at street level.

I would much prefer preserving the retail buildings Pierce and first and a tower on the parking lot at McKinley and first

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 7:14 AM
Skyriser

The renderings were posted for the 32 story tower, it's a big beast that's hardly "one tower." In fact, I'd rather this go up all at once rather than a 3-phase project that's stalled like Link.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...32#post9535532

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
The renderings were posted for the 32 story tower, it's a big beast that's hardly "one tower." In fact, I'd rather this go up all at once rather than a 3-phase project that's stalled like Link.

It's a beast alright in the sense that it's going to provide either a lot of opportunity for retail or look like long block or glass walls of nothingness at the ground level. If something is that large and takes up an entire block, I'd like to see the ground floor activated with retail or even open up the corners to the street similar to what the JW Marriott in downtown Austin does with its Corner Restaurant/Bar:
https://www.cornerrestaurantaustin.com/

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 4:44 AM
Chase M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I really hope these projects have retail. We are now getting to a point where potential retail pads are being turned to apartment podiums and I dont want a downtown full of parking structures at street level.

I would much prefer preserving the retail buildings Pierce and first and a tower on the parking lot at McKinley and first
I agree the parking podiums are starting to become really redundant at this point. When you think about it almost every building that has either been built, proposed or is currently under construction sits upon a parking podium, 44 Monroe, The Link Towers, The Stewart, Kenect, X Phoenix, Derby, Moon Tower, Sky on 6th, Palmcourt Tower and soon to be Astra just to name a few. The parking structures gotta go, there's more than enough parking.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 5:18 AM
Skyriser

The parking podiums are only for that building, and the developers can include as much or as little as they want. Who cares if some of it sits empty?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 5:37 AM

Quote:
The parking podiums are only for that building, and the developers can include as much or as little as they want. Who cares if some of it sits empty?
I dont care about the parking, I care about retail at street level which most of these developments sorely lack

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 7:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
It would be probable the additional height of the vertical slats and parapet would most likely be joined to the framing of Chase for support. In this case, the added height would count.
Who cares about the height, let’s just hope this rendering actually happens! The Chase building or whatever we’re calling it now looks terrible at night, all dark and everything. Do you have any tenants right now? I feel like they could at least some tenants while they start the remodel and move tenants around as they finish each floor.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 7:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post

All these projects do have retail although, it’s crazy that The Links retail still hasn’t been filled yet. The Link is already, what 3 or 4 years old?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 1:37 PM

I always wonder about that too. 44 Monroe has never had a tenant in its sole retail location since it opened 14 years ago.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 2:50 PM
Skyriser

^ Did 44 Monroe ever fix its balcony issues? Probably hard to have retail tenants when glass could be falling onto them from above...

EDIT: Answered my own question, they didn't.

https://www.reddit.com/r/phoenix/com...ntown_phoenix/

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 3:03 PM

Quote:
^ Did 44 Monroe ever fix its balcony issues? Probably hard to have retail tenants when glass could be falling onto them from above...

EDIT: Answered my own question, they didn't.

https://www.reddit.com/r/phoenix/com...ntown_phoenix/
Did you read the entire thread? The replies in the bottom said they did. Plus Crested posted info some time ago saying they were being fixed and permit had been pulled.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 3:15 PM

Quote:

Speaking of, why did Phase 3 of the Link stall? Anyone know?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 3:17 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Did you read the entire thread? The replies in the bottom said they did. Plus Crested posted info some time ago saying they were being fixed and permit had been pulled.
Correct. I believe the project is almost finished and I see furniture slowing being added back to the balconies here and there.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 3:32 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
The oldest posts were from 6 months ago which is why I asked for an update.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
All these projects do have retail although, it’s crazy that The Links retail still hasn’t been filled yet. The Link is already, what 3 or 4 years old?
Link filled out its office space before its retail space LOL

EDIT Different Link lol office remodel on Missouri and 7th st is also the Link.

Last edited by Obadno; Mar 17, 2022 at 4:02 PM.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 6:04 PM

The balconies in 44 Monroe have been repaired and open since December.

No more 10% break on rent

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest