HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:00 PM

Permits Issued For Janney & Auburn Senior Apartments In Port Richmond

Quote:
Permits have been issued for the construction of Janney & Auburn Senior Apartments, a four-story, 47-unit residential building proposed at 2855 Janney Street in Port Richmond, Kensington. The development will replace an approximately 13,000-square-foot vacant lot bound by Janney Street to the northwest, East Auburn Street to the southwest, and Weikel Street to the southeast. Designed by Kramer+Marks Architects, with Tantala Associates providing zoning documentation, the project will hold a total of 48,000 square feet. Permits list Domus Inc. as the contractor and specify a construction cost of $13 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/12/perm...ensington.html

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:02 PM

Site Prep Starts At 1700 North Front Street In Fishtown

Quote:
After a yearlong-plus wait since the original reveal of the renderings, construction site preparation work has finally commenced for a five-story, 204-unit development proposed at 1700 North Front Street in Fishtown. Following a gradual arrival of construction equipment onto the site, excavators have recently begun to tear up the blacktop of the block-spanning parking lot that spans the large site bound by the elevated-train-capped Front Street to the east, Cecil B. Moore Avenue to the south, Hope Street to the west, and Palmer Street to the north. Designed by NORR, the 172,844-square-foot structure will hold 123,218 square feet of residential space and 16,429 square feet of retail. The residential component will consist of 28 studios, 141 one-bedroom units, 35 two-bedroom apartments, and a 5,264-square-foot amenity suite. The development will also feature 70 bicycle parking spaces.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/12/site...-fishtown.html

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:03 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisforreal View Post
What's happening atop the Union League? I went to the office today for the first time in a long while, and there is new steel framing on top - looks like they're putting an addition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Rooftop dining addition approved by the Historical Commission last year and I think it will be fairly close to the renderings in this submission (probably with some tweaks to satisfy historical requirements): https://www.phila.gov/media/20211209...supplement.pdf

I attended the Arch. Committee and Commission zoom meetings, but I don’t have full recollection. The primary concern was that visibility from the street should be minimized. It was approved by the PHC at their December 2021 meeting, with PHC staff to review details.

Here’s the 12/10/2021 PHC meeting Zoom session; presentation of Union League begins at the 46:10 mark: https://dpd-public-meetings.s3.amazo..._Dec102021.mp4
More on the Union League rooftop addition just now from Jake Blumgart at the Inquirer:

Coming in 2023: A $25 million rooftop restaurant for the Union League | Inquirer.com
The skyward growth is a sign of the 160-year-old Union League’s commitment to Center City in the pandemic era. The idea is to offer a more relaxed environment, where the club’s strict dress code can be modestly eased and give members a private place to dine outdoors downtown.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:03 PM

Construction Complete At 2051-77 Ridge Avenue In Sharswood

[IMG]A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has noted that construction work has been completed on a large mixed-use development at 2051-77 Ridge Avenue in Cecil B. Moore, North Philadelphia. The project will consist of a pair of four- and three-story buildings with commercial space on the ground floor and residential units above. Public space along Ridge Avenue and parking lot at the block interior will also be included. Permits list the Philadelphia Housing Authority as the owner and Ernest Bock & Sons, Inc. as the contractor.[/IMG]

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/12/cons...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:04 PM

Construction Tops Out At 342 West Girard Avenue In Northern Liberties

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has revealed that construction has made significant progress at a six-story, 50-unit mixed-use building at 342 West Girard Avenue (also known as 342-54 West Girard Avenue) in Northern Liberties, North Philadelphia, as Philly YIMBY’s recent location visit has revealed. Designed by Coscia Moos Architecture and developed by Hightop Real Estate and Development, the 43,010-square-foot project will rise from a 8,124-square-foot footprint and include 2,252 square feet of retail, a basement, full sprinkling, and a parking garage. Permits list Ferraro Construction Group LLC as the contractor and a construction cost of $4 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/12/cons...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:05 PM

Delete

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:07 PM

Permits Issued For 1359 Frankford Avenue In Fishtown

Quote:
Permits have been issued for the construction of a new mixed-use building at 1359 Frankford Avenue in Fishtown. Designed by NORR, with Tester Construction as the contractor, the new building will stand four stories tall, with a commercial space on the ground floor. There will be 61 apartments throughout the structure, with access to a common roof deck situated at the top. In total, the building will span 48,475 square feet. Construction costs are listed at $7.5 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/12/perm...-fishtown.html

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:46 PM
PHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Permits Issued For 1359 Frankford Avenue In Fishtown

BIG fan of this one. Really nice.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
BIG fan of this one. Really nice.
Been waiting forever for this hole to get filled up. Just need to add a stop sign and a pedestrian crosswalk at that intersection and it's perfect. People frequently jay-walk there, really ought to be a protected crossing.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:52 PM
PHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
The brick turned out nice, but could the windows be any smaller?
This would be a homerun if the windows looked more like the building next door.
Agreed. It was value engineered into a total snoozefest, but it's inoffensive and it does look better in person. Fits in pretty well. Looks horrible from the back but I think they're anticipating the lot at 219-225 New St to fill soon.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Been waiting forever for this hole to get filled up. Just need to add a stop sign and a pedestrian crosswalk at that intersection and it's perfect. People frequently jay-walk there, really ought to be a protected crossing.
Agree.... including my wife and I haha. We ALWAYS jaywalk here when we're in Fishtown.

With 61 more units going here, the city will have to put a pedestrian crosswalk here.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2022, 3:43 AM

171-Unit Project with Lidl Supermarket Breaks Ground at Broad & Girard

http://www.rising.realestate/171-uni...rmer-cvs-site/

Old Posted Dec 21, 2022, 12:49 PM

Great news on 1359 Frankford, will fill in a big hole in that area. Any news on the big lot next to Frankford Hall? I don’t get up there often but I don’t remember hearing or seeing any projects for that lot.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2022, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gferg01 View Post
171-Unit Project with Lidl Supermarket Breaks Ground at Broad & Girard

http://www.rising.realestate/171-uni...rmer-cvs-site/
Good to see, hopefully it will upgrade this corner big time. Lots of action between Girard and SG on Broad. Long overdue. Someone needs to do something with the old mcdonald's gas station property.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2022, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtphilly View Post
Great news on 1359 Frankford, will fill in a big hole in that area. Any news on the big lot next to Frankford Hall? I don’t get up there often but I don’t remember hearing or seeing any projects for that lot.
No news but there seems to have been movement lately. They finally demo'd the structure in the back and have leveled out the lot and put up fencing. No permits yet though.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2022, 5:08 PM

Is there any movement on pier 38&40, also any updates on the North Philadelphia District?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2022, 5:46 PM

Two very interesting permits have been issued:

This one is for 629-633 West Girard Avenue. This permit is a bit confusing, as it seems to be describing the building that has already risen at this site; however, could it be describing the corner lot at Marshall and Girard?

Quote:
ZP-2020-001166
Dec 20, 2022
629-33 W GIRARD AVE, Philadelphia, PA 19123-1321
GIRARD ST BULLIES LLC 5

FOR THE ERECTION OF A 6-STORY STRUCTURE TO CONTAIN A VACANT COMMERCIAL SPACE AT THE 1ST FLOOR, AND 36 DWELLING UNITS AT THE 1ST THRU 6TH FLOORS, WITH A ROOF ACCESS STRUCTURE AND ELEVATOR OVERRUN, AND 12 CLASS 1A BICYCLE STALLS AS PER PLANS. THIS APPLICATION UTILIZES THE AFFORDABLE HOUSING BONUS FOR ADDITIONAL DENSITY AND HEIGHT.
The second permit pertains to the Broad Street Diner at Broad and Federal. We actually saw a demo permit issued for this site earlier in the year:

Quote:
ZP-2022-002561
Dec 21, 2022
1135-43 S BROAD ST, Philadelphia, PA 19147-4433
MR REALTY ASSOCIATES LP 1

Complete demolition of all structures. Erection of five story mixed use building (with basement) with first floor to be used for eat-in/take out restaurant and residential lobby. Floors 2 thru 5 to be used for 29 dwelling units with roof deck and green roof. Application submitted as per attached/submitted plans. Application utilizes green roof bonus and Low Income Bonus for additional dwelling units and height. Application should be fully zoning code compliant.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Dec 21, 2022, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
Is there any movement on pier 38&40, also any updates on the North Philadelphia District?
I don't want to give too much away, but this project is still very much a thing. The old developer, HFZ Capital, went bankrupt around the beginning of the pandemic, halting plans back then. Ever since, a new development duo has taken over. While I don't want to say too much until something hits the news, I will say that one developer is local while the other is from New York.

I will also say that the project looks nearly identical to its original form. If realized, this project will spur another investment in the area from a major player.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Dec 21, 2022, 6:16 PM

Thanks PhilliesPhan, I hope you can break that news soon!

In other news, here is an Inquirer interview with new Airport CEO Atif Saeed
https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...-20221216.html

The articles mentions releasing an airport master plan in Summer 2023. Any clues what this master plan could be?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2022, 6:32 PM
PHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
Thanks PhilliesPhan, I hope you can break that news soon!

In other news, here is an Inquirer interview with new Airport CEO Atif Saeed
https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...-20221216.html

The articles mentions releasing an airport master plan in Summer 2023. Any clues what this master plan could be?
I would bet it's referring to the massive cargo expansion and relocation of UPS, potential addition of a third 27 runway and slight expansion into the Delaware River, and maybe some fresh ideas for the northeast parcel of land.

There are old master plans, but I'm sure things are starting to come more into focus over time. Here's the old master plan from 2010, below.

We have also seen new plans in 2021 for the expanded cargo facility:

I would bet we're gonna finally see a fresh take on the big picture. As a plane nerd I am very excited to hear this.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development