HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
That is all part of the CTA Red Purple Modernization Program (Brown Line flyover). They are demo'ing the remaining buildings in the path and moving one.
Actually, only red line stop at Addison station, not purple line or brown line.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 6:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Yes, but the Brown line intersects with the Red and Purple lines right after Addison which causes a serious bottleneck during rush hour service.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
That is correct, but Handro's reference was to Gold Crown Liquors, which has moved since their building was torn down last year along with a dozen others for the CTA project. The remaining buildings that need to be torn down for the flyover are coming down now. They are also starting work on moving major utilities. Clark is currently closed at Roscoe

Major construction is supposed to begin late 2019.

Meanwhile, the Addison station is only partially open due to a different construction project. No stops on Northbound side and Southbound stop is on East side of platform. Also Purple Line is stopping at Addison during construction. ClusterF*ck. Started last Friday and is supposed to wrap up on March 30.

Cubs home opener is April 8. and it is fascinating to watch the tremendous mess get cleaned up. Old sod was ripped out yesterday.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 9:36 PM

Quote:
That is all part of the CTA Red Purple Modernization Program (Brown Line flyover). They are demo'ing the remaining buildings in the path and moving one.
Darn, was hoping for something good. Lots of empty lots in that corner of the hood now...

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 11:12 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
Darn, was hoping for something good. Lots of empty lots in that corner of the hood now...
Once the flyover project is completed, I'm sure the CTA will sell off the remaining land for development. But yeah, for the next several years, the area around Clark/Roscoe/Sheffield will be quite a disaster zone!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:18 PM

Remember the wee auto body shop squeezed in between the shit t-shirt shop on the corner of Clark and Addison and the new thing with Cinemex and the bowling alley? It was supposed to be a careful re-do, preserving the existing masonry bldg with a new rooftop deck. Fresh air and margaritas and all that.

Just walked past on my way to a nice pint at D&D's. Demolished. Cratered. Not sure what the new plan is but for the love of sweet jesus take that fucking billboard pylon out with the rest of the rubbish.

Do wonder what is to come at this lot ...

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:54 PM

But Sports World is still there? Which absolutely is not worth anything. So lovely, that new building, at one of the greatest intersections on the planet, which could have held that corner in an iconic way, is instead wasted with nothing to show for it.

What's the best we can hope for now? Someone puts in a 3 story bar to cover up those blank walls? And for the love of God, replace Sports World at the same time and at least try to do something good there.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 12:22 AM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardL View Post
Remember the wee auto body shop squeezed in between the shit t-shirt shop on the corner of Clark and Addison and the new thing with Cinemex and the bowling alley? It was supposed to be a careful re-do, preserving the existing masonry bldg with a new rooftop deck. Fresh air and margaritas and all that.

Just walked past on my way to a nice pint at D&D's. Demolished. Cratered. Not sure what the new plan is but for the love of sweet jesus take that fucking billboard pylon out with the rest of the rubbish.

Do wonder what is to come at this lot ...
I’m not aware that there was ever a plan to preserve that auto body shop. The plan is to redevelop it into a restaurant/bar, possibly with a second story, if memory serves

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 1:23 AM

The rendering showed the building being redeveloped, not demolished. If they were just going to sell out and tear down, they could have done that earlier when it mattered.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:24 PM

The images originally posted showed the building re-purposed as a bar/restaurant space. Supposedly CVS is coming to the spot, according to AlpacaObsessor. That makes me think that money talks. CVS is a steadier source of rent income than a bar. It will be pretty small though. Smart in a way, the closest CVS is on Southport, the closest Walgreen's are on Broadway/Waveland and Sheridan/IrvingPark. Weirdly underserved area for a drug store.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:26 PM

Also, Joe Maddon's restaurant, called Maddon's Post, is open. Pizza, pasta, and pierogies

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 5:03 PM

If they want to do a CVS, then they should do it right, take the whole lot to the corner and put in an urban 3-4 story store. I saw a drug store like that in Nuremburg Germany last year. Really compact with multiple floors. They could give an entire floor to Sports World.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 5:26 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
If they want to do a CVS, then they should do it right, take the whole lot to the corner and put in an urban 3-4 story store. I saw a drug store like that in Nuremburg Germany last year. Really compact with multiple floors. They could give an entire floor to Sports World.
Well, they will basically have to, considering how shallow that lot is.

If they plan to have parking (it's CVS plus it's Chicago--so of course they will) it can only happen with multiple stories

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Also, Joe Maddon's restaurant, called Maddon's Post, is open. Pizza, pasta, and pierogies
I wonder what happens if he's not back for 2020.

I was at Wrigley a few weeks ago for the first time in over a year. I missed a home game last season for the first time since probably 1993 or so.

I'm on board with most of the renovations, but some of it disappointed me. There are so many areas now to be in Wrigley Field that don't involve actually watching the game. I guess that's progress, but lot's of empty seats these days even at "full house" games.

I was sad to see the standing room areas behind the 200 level largely decimated. I spent most of my youth (the good years at least with Sammy) standing back there for a few bucks. The best seats in the park (Upper deck behind home plate) is now a private club. Bummer.

But the exterior of the ballpark is really stunning. Transforming the old Yum Yum lot into Gallagher Way is really nice. Too bad the skyline views have been blocked by the Addison/Clark development.

But the team is awesome and Wrigley Field looks like it has at least another 100 years in it.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 3:51 PM
You had me at herro...

What ever happened to the movie theater that was supposed to move into Clark & Addison? I lived right there and was excited about it, but nothing on their webpage and no theater opened...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
What ever happened to the movie theater that was supposed to move into Clark & Addison? I lived right there and was excited about it, but nothing on their webpage and no theater opened...
It just hasn't opened yet, they are still finishing up some of the retail spaces.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 6:18 PM

The Cinemex CMX and Addison Park on Clark websites still say they are opening, but I'm not seeing any progress. I am really questioning if the theater is coming.

The Addison side of the project is leased up, though the UFC pre-sign up space will probably open up again when the gym opens. Clark street side is pretty bleak. Kilwins is opening soon, but Beerhead Bar has already closed and the the space where the food hall is supposed to be shows no activity, even though it was supposed to open in 2019.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
Last time I toured the place in November the developers didn't make any mention of delays and the space seemed like it was still being actively worked on.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 1:44 PM

Quote:
The Cinemex CMX and Addison Park on Clark websites still say they are opening, but I'm not seeing any progress. I am really questioning if the theater is coming.

The Addison side of the project is leased up, though the UFC pre-sign up space will probably open up again when the gym opens. Clark street side is pretty bleak. Kilwins is opening soon, but Beerhead Bar has already closed and the the space where the food hall is supposed to be shows no activity, even though it was supposed to open in 2019.

I also heard that Cinemex is looking to hire a GM and AGM for the theater so it sounds like the project is still going forward.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 11:34 PM

Long time lurker

Wrigley has changed quite a bit. The density around the stadium is nice as is the updated stadium itself.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development