HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 5:36 PM
你的媽媽

Old Posted Dec 4, 2021, 1:38 AM

I was actually near the site today!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2021, 1:51 PM

Thank you homebucket and gillynova for keeping us up to date on this project. You 2 really keep me coming back to this site to see what is happening in this city i left 4 1/2 years ago.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2021, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCitySFO View Post
Thank you homebucket and gillynova for keeping us up to date on this project. You 2 really keep me coming back to this site to see what is happening in this city i left 4 1/2 years ago.
Of course! Thanks for the nice comment for the both of us

I'll be moving over to Austin Texas pretty soon but I will try to update the Bay Area threads when I come back to visit

Old Posted Dec 5, 2021, 2:38 PM

Yeah, i saw that on previous posts. A change of scenery will do you good. I am not gonna tell you it's a mistake moving cuz i did it! I nave no regrets and the best part is you are never too far from The Bay via air travel. You will be fine.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2021, 9:30 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
I'll be moving over to Austin Texas pretty soon but I will try to update the Bay Area threads when I come back to visit
You will be missed--thank you for your frequent excellent contributions to so many SF and Bay Area threads!

I moved to Walnut Creek a little over three months ago, after finally tiring of the city and its conditions, and am loving it over here. The good thing is that I can take BART or drive over anytime.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2022, 5:00 PM

Anyone have an update here? I know they were planning on breaking ground in Q1. Hines clearly bullish on SF with the Atlas Block push.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2022, 9:05 AM

No news about the construction but a great rendering (with {{sniff}} Oceanside):

https://pcparch.com/work/parcel-f

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 5:26 PM

Anyone know what this means for the project?

https://therealdeal.com/sanfrancisco...tower-in-dtsf/

Sounds like they still don't have the money and its unclear if they are going to get it...

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanstirrat View Post
https://therealdeal.com/sanfrancisco...tower-in-dtsf/

Sounds like they still don't have the money and its unclear if they are going to get it...
I read it just the opposite. It’s obvious the project isn’t going to be built by 2023 so if that was a requirement of the original land purchase, the developers owed damages. It’s also probably true that lenders wouldn’t lend for the project with uncertainty as to the amount and timing of those damages. So now the certainty exists. I don’t see much question that that development group, including Hines and Goldman Sachs can get the money and proceed when they think the timing is right. The only thing we won’t know until shovels hit dirt is their thinking on the timing.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2022, 2:22 AM

The supplemental materials from the meeting say they’re planning a June 2022 start.

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%...xy7d1e9obqf8bn

Old Posted Apr 17, 2022, 7:17 PM
dazzle me

^ That seems pretty unlikely.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:17 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

I’m curious how a building with such a large component of office space can secure financing (in any city) given the new realities of hybrid work? Granted, they could probably replace some office space with more residential and work just fine, but the office space seems unnecessary.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2022, 6:13 PM

Any news?

Wasn't this project supposed to begin construction by the end of the year? I know funding wasn't secured at the time, but I haven't seen any updates since April.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2022, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanstirrat View Post
Wasn't this project supposed to begin construction by the end of the year? I know funding wasn't secured at the time, but I haven't seen any updates since April.
I believe Hines recently requested an entitlement extension with a 2025/26 start date. With the amount of empty office space in SF and the new cost of money, this could be delayed longer.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2022, 10:02 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by memester View Post
I believe Hines recently requested an entitlement extension with a 2025/26 start date. With the amount of empty office space in SF and the new cost of money, this could be delayed longer.
That sounds overly pessimistic but sadly you may be right.

By "new cost of money" I'm assuming you're referring to inflation, in this case all other costs associated like rent / loans etc. would also be adjusted.

Last edited by Zapatan; Oct 19, 2022 at 11:14 PM.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2022, 12:49 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

"New cost of money" would refer to borrowing costs now vs. even 6 months ago, which is substantially more expensive, and likely to get more expensive over the next 6 months or more.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 20, 2022, 7:24 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
"New cost of money" would refer to borrowing costs now vs. even 6 months ago, which is substantially more expensive, and likely to get more expensive over the next 6 months or more.
Well if they wait until 2025 hopefully the economy will be in a better position (it could be worse too obviously but I'm trying not to catastophize too much).

Old Posted Oct 21, 2022, 5:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Well if they wait until 2025 hopefully the economy will be in a better position (it could be worse too obviously but I'm trying not to catastophize too much).
I'm not sure if inflation will be sufficiently under control for central banks to start easing on interest rates for construction cost and mortgage rates to pencil out for this project. The city did allow a lot of projects entitled before the first dotcom crash to renew those entitlements until conditions changed.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2023, 3:29 PM
你的媽媽

Finally an update on this one. Hopefully this one still ends up getting built somehow. It'd be a shame to lose such a nice design and skyline impactful tower.

A refresher on the specs:
- 806 FT | 61 FLOORS
- 325,000 sq ft of office space
- 165 apartment units
- 189 hotel guest rooms managed by Rosewood
- 9,000 sq ft for retail
- Parking will be included for 183 cars and 212 bicycles

The current site:
https://goo.gl/maps/U9E7gkqpmoP1o21X8

Quote:
Hines Gets Loan Extension For 61-Story Parcel F, San Francisco
BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:30 AM ON JULY 7, 2023

Permits are approved, and construction was expected to start two years ago, but now the site remains undisturbed while the project developer has received an extension for two loans totaling $80 million. Both JPMorgan Chase Bank and United Overseas Bank have pushed the deadline for Hines through October for two $40 million loans pertaining to the 61-story proposal at 550 Howard Street in SoMa, San Francisco. If built today, the mixed-use tower could become the fourth tallest tower in the city.

The project is a joint venture with Hines, Urban Pacific, and Goldman Sachs Asset Management. The news of a loan extension was first reported by Laura Waxmann for the San Francisco Business Times this Wednesday. According to Waxmann, Hines “confirmed the loan extension on Friday but declined to comment on the status of the project or whether it is trying to sell the site.”

Waxmann also notes that Hines will be required to pay $160 million in quarterly installments starting next year and ending in 2027 to the Transbay Joint Powers Authority. The public authority sold 550 Howard Street to Hines in 2016 for $160 million.

The 61-story proposal is expected to rise around 806 feet. From its 957,000 square feet floor area, there is expected to be 325,000 square feet of offices, 165 apartments, and 189 hotel guest rooms managed by Rosewood Hotels & Resorts. Approximately 9,000 square feet of retail will open on the podium, alongside parking for 212 bicycles and 183 vehicles.

Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects, the same firm responsible for the Salesforce Tower, is responsible for the design. The project will be clad with a curtain wall facade extending to the street level. The public will find public elevators going to the fifth floor, where there will be some retail shops and a bridge connecting the building with the Transbay Transit Center’s blocks-long rooftop park.
https://sfyimby.com/2023/07/hines-ge...francisco.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals