HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Nov 10, 2010, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff189d View Post
Plenty of "Gruenderzeit" still survives but my favourites are the red brick buildings of the 1920/30's.
I wanted to visit a part of Winterhude that is entirely designed in this rough 1920's brown brick style, but as for many other things, I didn't have enough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemaria
Hamburgers are probably the Germans with the most pride in their city, I've never met one who didn't think Hamburg was the coolest and greatest city in the whole world, sometimes it can get a bit annoying, imo even more so than people from Cologne and Munich.
they seem really proud, and it shows when you walk the city, everything is so well kept and maintained. most public spaces have a little something, a fountain, a statue, a nice touch. but the city is extremely rich, wich helps a lot.

but most of the Hamburgers (yum) I spoke with were curious about the other cities I visited previously - with no negative comments about Berlin or Dresden, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemaria
If you go there for a visit I would advise you to rent a bike and discover the city that way. The city is very flat and the bike-lanes are fantastic.
I believe you!! it's relatively flat. but mostly, with all these shaded avenues with green interconnections between parks and canals, it defenitely looks like bikers' paradise. and am I correct saying it's probably the greenest large city in Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDowning
When Rolls Royce say "best car in the world" they don´t take it so serious, too.
I have many «meilleure pizza en ville!» around my apartement in Mtl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
What a dynamic mix of architecture - so interesting everywhere you go. It looks damn liveable too.
you say liveable? for a metro about 4 millions, look at the U and S map :

I don't know how liveable it is for the average local guy. I'd say pretty high quality of life. one of the biggest port in the world. one of the lowest unemployment rate in Germany + highest GDP in Germany. The city is very liberal and the cultural offer is massive. Parks and water everywhere. Superb transit system. Fast connection to everywhere in Europe, especially with these wonderful Deutsche Bahn. Don't know about the lodging situation or the public services such as schools, health care, or about the cost of living (I guess a bit higher than in Berlin, but nothing compared to Paris or London).

The mix of architecture is, yes, dynamic, very contrasted, but for some reason, mostly harmonious.

I definitely love this city.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2010, 10:04 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Fascinating. I'm particularly enjoying the photos like this one that show contemporary architecture in traditionally urban narrow-lot settings.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2010, 10:33 PM
International

Clearly, a capital for contemporary design and architecture. Post all of the pictures you want - we don't have nearly enough photos of wonderful European cities here.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2010, 5:23 AM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

*HUG*burg!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2022, 7:33 AM

I can`t resist.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2022, 3:54 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i'm going to go ahead and say you don't have enough pics!

looks pleasant, varied, nice and modern.

i do see some drab weather issues maybe a-brewing in a few shots, but that is the only knock on it i can invent. ha.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 2:20 AM

Terrific looking city!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2022, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsonic View Post

Wonderful intro to the city for me, I dont think I have seen photos of it before. I like this building!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos