HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 3:16 PM

Dough Box Pizza coming to the Baydo building on Broadway: https://doughbox.ca/find-locations/

Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 10:22 PM

competition for Una just down the street. I hope that doesn't mean the 'end' of Una. I think it is a bit different target market, so hopefully there is space for both on Broadway.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Dough Box Pizza coming to the Baydo building on Broadway: https://doughbox.ca/find-locations/
Based on the signage, it looks like a pizza-by-the-slice place will be opening across from Prairie Sun, so there won't be a lack of pizza options around there.

Also, Drift is closing. I never liked it --- it always seemed poorly run to me --- but the building's great. I wonder what will move in there.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roquentin View Post
Based on the signage, it looks like a pizza-by-the-slice place will be opening across from Prairie Sun, so there won't be a lack of pizza options around there.
Best Slice Pizza is up and running, although I haven't been yet.

Quote:
Also, Drift is closing. I never liked it --- it always seemed poorly run to me --- but the building's great. I wonder what will move in there.
In a follow-up announcement made fast enough to give you whiplash, Junior Cafe is opening a 2nd location on the main floor and they'll be announcing plans for the 2nd floor later: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnSlw7pJ4q1/

This is the Congress/13 Pies/Hometown/Ace group, so I'm optimistic even though I loved Drift/Vista. The 2nd floor lounge and roof is one of my favourite spaces in the city.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 3:36 AM

Quote:
In a follow-up announcement made fast enough to give you whiplash, Junior Cafe is opening a 2nd location on the main floor and they'll be announcing plans for the 2nd floor later: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnSlw7pJ4q1/

This is the Congress/13 Pies/Hometown/Ace group, so I'm optimistic even though I loved Drift/Vista. The 2nd floor lounge and roof is one of my favourite spaces in the city.
Wow that's great news! It's too cool a space not to be full of people.

Sounds like the Crazy Cactus building will need new tenants too. I wonder what would really work there...

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Best Slice Pizza is up and running, although I haven't been yet.

Best Slice is indeed up and running and is great. I've had it a couple times and the pizza is solid, New York style pizza and they people running seems really wonderful and keen to make it a solid, affordable, accessible option.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Sounds like the Crazy Cactus building will need new tenants too. I wonder what would really work there...
Are you aware that they're closing or speculating based on recent events there?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 4:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Are you aware that they're closing or speculating based on recent events there?
They have closed

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 4:40 PM

I only went to Crazy Cactus once and that was when it first opened and we went up on the roof top patio...it was a pretty cool space, but the inside looked pretty grungy. I hope we don't loose that rooftop option...too few of those in Saskatoon for our summer months!

Old Posted Feb 4, 2023, 6:04 PM

Encouraging signs on 2nd Avenue. The former Fiat dealer, Black Birch Deli, and Starbucks spaces are all sporting "Leased" signs.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2023, 11:34 PM
Unregistered User

The old grocery store space at Clarence and 12th also looks to be leased. Wonder what’s going in there…

Old Posted Feb 6, 2023, 3:57 PM

I had asked the pharmacy adjacent to the space at Clarence and 12th what was going in and he said an "outdoor lifestyle" store. He did not really know what that meant....so still not sure.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2023, 4:28 PM
Unregistered User

Would prefer to have something more practical there for everyday use, but looking forward to more activity on that corner all the same. Maybe it's Classic Outdoors opening a storefront in Nutana?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2023, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone View Post
Would prefer to have something more practical there for everyday use, but looking forward to more activity on that corner all the same. Maybe it's Classic Outdoors opening a storefront in Nutana?
Life Outside, the consignment outdoors store that is currently in the Farmers Market building/Ideas Inc, is going there.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2023, 7:54 PM

I like Life Outside and have shopped there in the past, but honestly as a resident of that neighborhood I would have preferred to have seen a Cobbs or local bakery/coffeeshop or small produce/bakery market concept.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 5:35 PM
Amphora Architecture

Almond Nail Bar coming soon to Saskatoon!

Email: info@amphora.ca

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 6:45 PM

Midtown Centre In Downtown Saskatoon Seeing New Retailers Opening

Quote:
“We have Pitchfork Market which is kind of a boutique local grocery store here in the city. They’re taking about 18,000 square feet. They should be starting construction here in the next couple of weeks with a late summer, early fall 2023 opening date. We’ve got the store within a store with Zellers coming inside the Hudson Bay store at about 9,000 square feet. So we’re excited to see how they put that concept together for us.
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...ing-interview/

Old Posted Apr 16, 2023, 12:43 PM

While visiting the Remai Modern Art Gallery this week, we inquired about the opening date of Hearth Restaurant. Next weekend folks!! Had a peek inside the restaurant through the glass.. quite a bit of activity. Excited for this!
On a side note... the 'Denyse Thomasos' exhibit at Remai was probably one of my favorites!!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 2:52 PM

The Reddit rumour mill says that Sticks and Stones on 2nd Avenue will be closing by the end of June, and that Ayden will move into its location. The Reddit poster claims this comes from one of the managers at Ayden. I guess we will see if that is true in a couple of months.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm310 View Post
The Reddit rumour mill says that Sticks and Stones on 2nd Avenue will be closing by the end of June, and that Ayden will move into its location. The Reddit poster claims this comes from one of the managers at Ayden. I guess we will see if that is true in a couple of months.
there are rumors in Regina as well as to the longevity of the locations they have down there too.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan