HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 12:16 AM

This is gettin funky

Also quick aside, in order to post images is Imgur the only available option? I have some pictures I wanted to add to the St George thread just for fun (that thread has been pretty malnourished lately imo). Help?

Last edited by J-Squad; Dec 29, 2021 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Forgot emojis don’t show up lol

Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 12:19 AM

A quick addition to my last post, the pictures I wanna post are just some cool landscape shots I got of the Snow Canyon and Pine Valley areas around Christmas

Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 3:25 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Squad View Post
This is gettin funky

Also quick aside, in order to post images is Imgur the only available option? I have some pictures I wanted to add to the St George thread just for fun (that thread has been pretty malnourished lately imo). Help?
I don't think Imgur is the ONLY option, but it's a good option. Just click on "Huge Thumbnail" and then copy the direct link and it provides a good-sized image for these forums.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 8:06 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 10:27 PM

Wow! It’s looking good!! Still ongoing construction. Keep doing that!!

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 12:28 AM

Can I ask you a questions. When they will be build new concourse C? Probably later for next decade. Can we see PDF map for concourse C? Once the concourse A-East is completed and in a few years later, they will starts construction the concourse B-East Phase 3 and Phase 4. Hopefully they will be completed it for next 3 years later. Right now, the concourse A-East still ongoing construction.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 12:52 AM
Lahaina Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Can I ask you a questions. When they will be build new concourse C? Probably later for next decade. Can we see PDF map for concourse C? Once the concourse A-East is completed and in a few years later, they will starts construction the concourse B-East Phase 3 and Phase 4. Hopefully they will be completed it for next 3 years later. Right now, the concourse A-East still ongoing construction.
The master plan has "Activity Levels" that determine when expansions are needed. Based on projections Concourse C is outside the projected activity level for the master plan timeline meaning unless dramatic change happens it will be more than 20 years until Concourse C is built. Expect them to work on prerequisite projects first. They will extend the Central tunnel to the taxiway as part of the current project, so they are planning on it happening, just not for a little while.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 9:11 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Man View Post
The master plan has "Activity Levels" that determine when expansions are needed. Based on projections Concourse C is outside the projected activity level for the master plan timeline meaning unless dramatic change happens it will be more than 20 years until Concourse C is built. Expect them to work on prerequisite projects first. They will extend the Central tunnel to the taxiway as part of the current project, so they are planning on it happening, just not for a little while.
Seems like I read somewhere that concourse C would be about a decade away. I guess it will depends on how growth continues.

They really need to do something to address the problem with people parking on the side of the road. They need a much bigger park and wait area with easer access and exiting. The current one was one of the most poorly thought out parts of the whole airport. Once they get that fixed they need to start ticketing people pretty hard core for a while to make a statement.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 4:55 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Concourse A East Interior Work:

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 3:04 AM
Lahaina Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
Seems like I read somewhere that concourse C would be about a decade away. I guess it will depends on how growth continues.

They really need to do something to address the problem with people parking on the side of the road. They need a much bigger park and wait area with easer access and exiting. The current one was one of the most poorly thought out parts of the whole airport. Once they get that fixed they need to start ticketing people pretty hard core for a while to make a statement.
Here are a few paragraphs from Pages 5&6 from Chapter 4 of the master plan.

Don't hold your breath on Concourse C unless someone else hubs SLC.

It is an interesting note that IF Concourse D is ever built SLC would have the same number of gates as Atlanta.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 3:17 AM
Lahaina Strong

They made a lot of progress over the last year. Apron paving ended for the season early last month, they should resume in march. Concrete demo and groundwork for North Concourse Node should start in the spring. Here is satellite imagery from yesterday.

And here is satellite imagery from a year ago.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 3:13 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Man View Post
They made a lot of progress over the last year. Apron paving ended for the season early last month, they should resume in march. Concrete demo and groundwork for North Concourse Node should start in the spring. Here is satellite imagery from yesterday.

And here is satellite imagery from a year ago.

That's awesome! How are you getting up-to-date satellite imagery?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 3:14 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
That's awesome! How are you getting up-to-date satellite imagery?
Try this for up-to-date satellite imagery - resolution isn't great.

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/sentin...howDates=false

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 12:37 AM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4vok View Post

Very cool, thanks!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 1:20 AM
Lahaina Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4vok View Post

Yep! Been snooping around these forums for years, believe I learned about it either on the main Salt Lake City page or on Reddit somewhere a few years back. Sentinel Playground has been an amazing tool.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 1:49 AM
Eschew Obfuscation

Here's a nice shot of Concourse A East. These people are from two different groups. One is the SLC Airport leadership, and the other is the Kansas City Airport team (Kansas City is similarly building a new airport). They're talking about terminal design, ORAT, and reviewing lessons learned. Essentially they're sharing information to help improve their projects. I love seeing collaboration like this!

https://twitter.com/JustinMeyerKC/st...275335176?s=20

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 2:02 AM
Eschew Obfuscation

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 5:50 AM
Lahaina Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
A couple more from reddit
It has become an obsession, every time I'm at the airport the only thing I can think is "I should take as many pictures as I can"

Anyway, here is one the airport posted yesterday.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 2:42 PM

Here's a question CHAPINM1 in Guam asked over on the General Transportation Thread...
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...150074&page=37 Perhaps, one of you in the local know could answer it for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Thank you so much for your consistent updates! Am eagerly following the progress of the airport construction. BTW regarding the airport tunnel, will the tram be located on each side with the main pedestrian throughway being located in the center? Can see in the latest photos it's already beginning to get capped.

It really wouldn't be a good idea to delay construction of the people mover until Terminal C is constructed given how badly people are already complaining about the long walk between Terminals A and B. The new central tunnel is necessary; however, won't shorten any distances for anyone flying out of the latter half of Terminal B, especially if there isn't a tram in place.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West