HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

270 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 11:18 PM
New Yorker for life

City Council now on the clock...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 3:38 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I hope we see some more detailed and niche plans for this development. If there is one tower that I think we want a complete (from base to bulkhead) rendering, its this one.

The suspense is killing me softly, like the Fugees would say.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 3:04 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

From what we've seen so far, the base is reminding me of 110 Wacker in Chicago.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 4:46 PM
New Yorker for life

^ I could see that, particularly with the pleats.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 5:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
^ I could see that, particularly with the pleats.
I hope that the pleats are part of the design. They were obviously not part of the massing models, but they appear in the more recent schematic.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 5:43 PM
Ω

I made this quick model extruding up the plans we've been given at work yesterday (shhh... ). Of course I don't know what's happening at the crown, hopefully something more interesting than a flat roof. But here is what we know extruded to 1500'.

Edit: I'm not involved with this tower at all. This is just a quick model extruding the plans that have been made public.
This is probably way off from what the actual tower will look like.
Just my best guess with the minimal info we have.

Last edited by Zerton; Apr 4, 2019 at 6:06 PM.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
I made this quick model extruding up the plans we've been given at work yesterday (shhh... ). Of course I don't know what's happening at the crown, hopefully something more interesting than a flat roof. But here is what we know extruded to 1500'.

I could deal with a flat roof if that model was extruded another 200'

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 6:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Is your company involved with the project or are you joking?

If your information is accurate, will it be at least 1,500' tall?

Also, what about the progressively protruding "pleating" on the N and S facades?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 6:05 PM
Ω

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Is your company involved with the project or are you joking?

If your information is accurate, will it be at least 1,500' tall?

Also, what about the progressively protruding "pleating" on the N and S facades?
We're not involved at all. I just have to model stuff all the time so I could do this quickly.
I was curious to see. This could end up being way off from what Foster's firm is working with right now.
It's just an extrusion of the first few floor plans we've seen.

I used these to make it:

If you look at the right side of the floor plan, you'll see a central column that's not present on the left side. So it could be much more asymmetrical.

Last edited by Zerton; Apr 4, 2019 at 6:55 PM. Reason: Added reference images

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 9:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
We're not involved at all. I just have to model stuff all the time so I could do this quickly.
I was curious to see. This could end up being way off from what Foster's firm is working with right now.
It's just an extrusion of the first few floor plans we've seen.

I used these to make it:

If you look at the right side of the floor plan, you'll see a central column that's not present on the left side. So it could be much more asymmetrical.
Zerton, do the yellow, pleated lines depict the footprint of the tower or something else? Do you know what the red lines depict?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Zerton, do the yellow, pleated lines depict the footprint of the tower or something else? Do you know what the red lines depict?
Yes, it looks like its part of the tower. Look at the rendering we've been provided it appears that the 3rd column (and the associated windows) are pushed out a little from the 1st and 2nd (2nd is also not lined up with the 1st)

That's a pretty good model you made, Zerton. This design looks like it might be a taller red/gold version of Oceanwide center SF (Foster too I think). At least that's what the windows on the front remind me of.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 10:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
Yes, it looks like its part of the tower. Look at the rendering we've been provided it appears that the 3rd column (and the associated windows) are pushed out a little from the 1st and 2nd (2nd is also not lined up with the 1st)

That's a pretty good model you made, Zerton. This design looks like it might be a taller red/gold version of Oceanwide center SF (Foster too I think). At least that's what the windows on the front remind me of.
Thanks for the info.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 1:59 AM
New Yorker for life

Needless to say, all fighting posts have been removed.

Quote:
The colors are just something I added to the graphic to highlight where the ground floor and cantievered floors were, using info gathered from the other graphics.

Quote:

This graphic will give you a better idea of how it's layered at the first office levels...

Compared with the highlighted version...

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 3:01 PM
Ω

Yes, thanks for that NYGuy.

JMKeynes, NYGuy highlighted the typical office floors (yellow) which are cantilevered over the base (red).
I could tell how the base columns branched out and connected to the columns above per the rendering.

I have a feeling that something funkier is happening on the east facade (you can tell the columns are doing some branching that doesn't occur on the west facade. So the tower is asymmetrical (east to west)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
That's a pretty good model you made, Zerton. This design looks like it might be a taller red/gold version of Oceanwide center SF (Foster too I think).
Thanks. And agreed, they are similar (especially how the cross bracing is sunken into the facade). I bet this tower will end up looking more similar to that.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 3:07 PM
BANNED

Thanks, Zerton.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 3:41 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Possibly in a move for the future consolidation of JP Employees or assets. I think...

= = = = = = = =

JPMorgan looks to sell 1.1M sf FiDi office building for $730 psf

Quote:
JPMorgan is looking to sell its Lower Manhattan office building at 195 Broadway, and it’s shooting for as much as $800 million.

The bank’s asset management arm owns a 95 percent stake in the 1.1 million-square-foot building through a partnership with L&L Holding and Beacon Capital. The partners had recently sought to refinance the building, but instead decided to change tack earlier this year.

JPMorgan Asset Management is considering bids ranging from a 49 percent stake to a sale of full ownership. If 195 Broadway sold for $800 million, the asset manager would be realizing roughly $730 a square foot.

A Cushman & Wakefield team of Adam Spies, Doug Harmon, Kevin Donner and Josh King is marketing the property.

Real Estate Alert first reported news of the listing.

JPMorgan purchased its majority stake from L&L and Beacon in 2013, in a deal that valued the property at $500 million.
============
TRD

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 3:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Edit: I'm not involved with this tower at all. This is just a quick model extruding the plans that have been made public.
This is probably way off from what the actual tower will look like.
Just my best guess with the minimal info we have.

Your rendering is great, but I hope that it’s not a 1,400’ box.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 4:02 PM
Ω

^ Thanks, and me too.

Hopefully it looks more like Oceanwide Center in SF as Fvn pointed out.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 4:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Yes, thanks for that NYGuy.

JMKeynes, NYGuy highlighted the typical office floors (yellow) which are cantilevered over the base (red).
I could tell how the base columns branched out and connected to the columns above per the rendering.

I have a feeling that something funkier is happening on the east facade (you can tell the columns are doing some branching that doesn't occur on the west facade. So the tower is asymmetrical (east to west)

Yeah, I'm expecting something unlike what that earlier massing showed. In addition to the cantilever and plaza, consultation with the MTA has probably led to more changes in placement of the columns as originally planned.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 4:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Agreement to reach an agreement with the MTA in the complex building of this skysraper over active railyards and construction of the new LIRR concourse...

Another look at the site in relationship to the rails and the new terminal beneath...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction