HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 3, 2021, 11:47 AM

Salt Lake City & MSA/CSA Rundown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
So with Alta Terra getting proposed recently, I thought I would make another one of these project collages for the Sugar House Neighborhood...

Note: since Dixon Place is now accepting tenants, I chose to leave it out since it is now considered 'completed.'

Last edited by delts145; Jul 2, 2021 at 12:12 PM.

Old Posted May 3, 2021, 2:11 PM

Downtown Update - 95 So. State - February thru May 2nd, 2021

https://kutv.com/resources/media/dd4...?1556058476688

View of the 95 S. State Office Tower site on the left and the Liberty Sky Residential Tower site on the right. Background and rising above downtown to the Northeast is the Avenues District

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

Rendering, looking south toward north face of 95 S. State Tower, mid-block Social Hall Avenue and Canopy structure on the left

Luke Garrott:...There’s an unmistakable hum and a tap-tap-tap in the air, as construction projects large and small continue apace.
We counted 1873 units under construction Downtown between 500 East and 600 West, North Temple and 500 South.

State Street, looking north. 95 S State, center, and Liberty Sky, right-center.

95 S State, SLC's latest Downtown office tower, is taking real shape at the corner of State St. and 100 South.
Photo by Luke Garrott.
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...despite-covid/

February 22nd

Photos By Atlas

Updated and New Renderings Added

Quote:
95 State has finally launched their website.
https://www.95stateslc.com/
I noticed the website included renderings, some I've definitely seen, but a few renderings were definitely new to me as well.

Looking South

Looking East

Floor Cross-Section

95 State Main Lobby

The Link. The design of the meeting house has changed slightly, with what appears to be additional slats than prior renderings.

Patio Area

Patio Area

The Link and City Creek

The Link - Lower Level

Main Lobby

The website also includes a brochure:

April 23rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
From the subreddit today:

Source: u/chaunceton on r/DevelopmentSLC

Maybe they were waiting on those white-painted beams to come in? From the webcam:

April 25th

April 28th - 95 State today, from City Creek:

Photos By Atlas

April 30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post
My work is moving to full time remote so I went into the office to clean out my desk. Snapped a pic of what would have been the view from my desk.

Photo by SLC PopPunk

May 2nd

Photo by RC14

Last edited by delts145; May 24, 2021 at 11:10 AM.

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 12:05 PM

Downtown Update - Hyatt Regency, Convention Center Hotel - January 7th thru May 2nd

Construction on the hotel started Jan. 13 and the grand opening is scheduled for October 2022.

Jason Lee for the Deseret News...Salt Lake County officials, in conjunction with Atlanta-based real estate developer Portman Holdings, broke ground Friday on the building, which the Hyatt Hotels Corp.
will manage and operate as the new Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City. The new hotel will be located at the corner of 200 South and West Temple in downtown Salt Lake City, adjacent to the Salt Palace Convention Center.

Scheduled to open in October 2022, the $377-million project will be partially financed through the Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy program, which allows for specialty financing to enable green energy design and implementation,
a news release stated. The 700-plus room hotel will be among the first “ground-up” developments to utilize the program in the Beehive State...

...“It gives us another layer of sophistication when it comes to attracting bigger and better shows to the state of Utah that helps the entire area. Utah’s going to take a better step in terms of prominence on the national stage because of a
facility like this,” he said. “People that hadn’t considered the state before are now going to say, ‘I need to look at Utah, I need to be in Utah for these conventions.’ That’s what kind of prominence this new center is going to give us.”

The 686,784-square-foot, 26-story hotel will include 700 guest rooms and 60,000 square feet of meeting space, as well as two separate restaurants on the first and sixth floors and a lobby bar. The sixth-floor restaurant will sit adjacent to
an outdoor area with a swimming pool, as well as a 7,500-square-foot outdoor terrace for events and other activities.

The project will be directly connected to the Salt Palace Convention Center to provide convenience for convention attendees, Baisiwala said...

...“This hotel is built directly into the convention center, which makes it exceptionally easy for the convention attendees to go in and out from their hotel rooms into the convention center,” he said. “Perhaps more importantly, it has a lot
of suites — big rooms where VIPs can be housed. And it also has a lot of meeting space which augments the number of meeting rooms of the Salt Palace.”

Salt Lake City's Salt Palace Convention Center. Convention Center Hotel to rise at the far south end pictured here.

https://www.monaco-saltlakecity.com/...r-c3205e56.jpg

Note the Circular Plaza at the bottom, which was the former appearance of the plaza that has now become the construction zone of the new Convention Center Hotel

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...55/SLC+library

January 7th

Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com Convention center hotel site, orange, center. The roof of the Salt Palace Convention Center left-center.

Salt Lake City convention hotel on track for fall 2022 opening

Estimated to cost $377-plus million, Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City is scheduled to be completed and hosting its first guests in the fall of 2022

Janurary 12th - Henry S. Johnson for Global Travel Industry News - https://eturbonews.com/2552484/salt-...-2022-opening/

One year after its groundbreaking ceremony, Salt Lake’s convention hotel — the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City — is on schedule for completion in October 2022.

The tower concrete construction is completed through level three and the podium steel erection begins later this month. Through the first quarter of 2021, the exterior façade installation will begin, escalators on meeting room levels will be hoisted into place and the vertical construction is slated to continue to progress with topping out of the project to come at the end of this year.

“Seeing the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City taking shape is both exciting and promising for Salt Lake’s meeting and convention future and the recovery of our visitor economy from the devastating effects of COVID-19,” said Kaitlin Eskelson, president & CEO of Visit Salt Lake.

“Our sales team will soon have everything meeting professionals want and they’re working hard to fill this new property and the many others throughout our community to ensure the long-term success of Salt Lake’s hospitality community.”

January 30th

Photo By tchild2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Downtown - Latest Hyatt Regency Convention Center Hotel Progress Videos
February 5th

Video Link

Video Link

February 22nd

Photos By Atlas

March 3rd

Quote:
First signs of glass on the CCH!

Source - Posted By Atlas

March 26th

Source (and more photos) - Posted By Atlas

April 25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
Hyatt Regency, taken under an hour ago:

Photos By RC14

April 25th

Photos By Atlas

May 2nd

Photos By RC14

Last edited by delts145; Jun 13, 2021 at 2:19 AM.

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 12:53 PM

Downtown Update - Liberty Sky

(Artist's rendition courtesy of Cowboy Properties) Cowboy Properties and Boyer Co. are looking to build a 24-story apartment building on the east side of State Street between
the Federal Building on 100 South and the Maverik headquarters building on 200 South. The $90 million project is being praised for its prospects of bringing more residents to downtown Salt Lake City.

February 22nd

Photo By Atlas

March 21st

Source

Quote:
Some views of downtown from the 16th floor of Liberty Sky, presumably from today:

The CCH is going to make a big impact in this view, and you can also see the prospective Regent Street tower site in the foreground.

Source

April 19th

Photo By Gastroc

April 21st

Liberty Sky Foreground Right, 95 So. State Background

Photo By Orlando

May 2nd

Photo By RC14

Last edited by delts145; May 28, 2021 at 5:06 PM.

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 1:06 PM

Downtown Update - Permit Filed For Kensington

Regarding site demolition for Kensington Tower:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
I made a quick call. Apparently there were some issues getting signatures, particularly from Urban Forestry. There are a couple trees that will be taken down during the demo.

Anyway, I'm told they are trying to get it scheduled now that the path has been cleared. It will likely be either tomorrow morning or Friday morning (less possible: Monday morning). Either way, we won't have to wait too much longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nushiof View Post
Now there is a backhoe staged on the parking lot at Kensington.
Quote:
Kensington files a site development permit. https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=
Quote:
The scope of work for this site development permit consists of public and private utility work and associated infrastructure in the public right of way, as well as the installation of shoring, for a 372 unit, mixed-use, high-rise apartment building.

Taylor Anderson @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/ken...per-this-june/[/CENTER]

COVID-19 hasn’t stalled what is set to become the tallest addition to Salt Lake City’s expanding skyline...

...But in yet another sign that the Wasatch Front’s multi-family construction market will remain red hot even as the pandemic cools other markets, officials representing Kensington Tower say the billboard is temporary and they plan to break ground at 200 S. State St. in June.

The construction will bring what has been billed as the state’s tallest skyscraper, adding hundreds of high-end luxury rental apartments in the Downtown core.

“HKS recently completed design development drawings and have begun work on the construction drawings,” said Steve Brown, a representative for Kensington’s Boston-based developers. “Our current schedule shows a late June 2021 construction commencement.”

At 39 stories and over 400 feet, the Kensington Tower would inject 380 units into the core of Downtown, across from the Gallivan Center. It is one of several new high-rise projects in the pipeline for Downtown.

Kensington Site - April 25th

Photo By Atlas

Goodbye Carl's Jr. - Kensington Site - April 26th

Webcam

May 2nd

Photo By RC14

Last edited by delts145; Aug 31, 2021 at 1:15 PM.

Old Posted May 5, 2021, 11:17 AM

Update - Sugar House District - Dixon Place

Copy excerpts provided by Taylor Anderson @ BuildingSaltLake.com Dixon Place is a 59-unit apartment building that will continue the urbanization of Sugar House...

The six-story Dixon Place, at 1034 E. Elm Ave., will be the latest building to enclose McClelland Street in one of Salt Lake City’s fastest-changing neighborhoods, which has seen a string of developments that are remaking the area’s fabric.

The building will include 35 one-bedroom and 24 two-bedroom units renting around $1,500 to over $2,000 a month and aims to attract business professionals, singles and young families, according to a news release and interview.

“Salt Lake City is one of the fastest-growing regions in the U.S. and an extremely promising area for multifamily real estate development,” said Pieter Berger, senior associate partner at MVE + Partners, the firm that designed the Dixon Place. “We are excited to introduce a new design that reflects the rich history and culture of the Sugar House neighborhood while providing the modern features and amenities renters desire.”

The lobby of Dixon Place, the new building on McClelland Street that will become the headquarters of Lowe Property Group. Rendering courtesy of MVE + Partners.

February 6th

Photos By Always Sunny In SLC

April 7th

Quote:
Kier Construction Corporation, The Dixon Place Apartments in Sugarhouse are so, so close. Great work Brayden, Thomas, Steve, Tessa, and Colleen!

Last edited by delts145; Jul 2, 2021 at 12:20 PM.

Old Posted May 5, 2021, 11:49 AM

Update, Sugar House District - Sugar Town Project Moves Forward - City Planning Commission Unanimously Approves Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by berger4 View Post
Yes, I live at 2200ish south and Windsor(840 east), I walk the S-Line everyday into Fairmont park as well, both are such amazing amenities. The neighborhood has really transformed since I moved here 6 years ago!

Also of note, the Snelgrove building is now being demolished and they are making quick progress...

Quote:
https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

850 E 2100 S. 5 floors. 319 residential units total (incl.39 micro & 53 affordable (80% AMI)). 2,800 square feet of commercial space. 10 amenity areas equalling 58,800 square feet of community gathering space. 404 off street parking, or 1.26 per unit ratio. The developer is seeking a zoning change.
South East Corner - 900 East view looking North West

Leaving Smith’s Parking Lot - 900 East view looking West

North East Corner - 2100 South view looking South West

North East Corner - 2100 South view looking East

South East Corner - 900 East view looking South West

South Facade - Commonwealth view looking North East

South Facade - Commonwealth view looking North West

South Facade - Commonwealth view looking North West

Pedestrian Walkway from Commonwealth to 2100 South

South West Corner - 800 East view looking South

North Facade - 2100 South view looking South East

North Facade - 2100 South view looking South West

North Facade - Windsor Street View looking South

Full Facades

Site Plan

Parcel Map

April 25th - Site Prep.

Photos By Atlas

Last edited by delts145; Sep 28, 2021 at 9:46 PM.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 12:29 AM

Update - On The S-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
No details of course, because I'm just me. Just wanted to say that I accidentally went on a walk through this neighborhood along the S-Line, from about 700 East to 1100 East, and it was completely delightful. Like...I would love to live there. I still don't know how useful the S-Line is currently, but over time that corridor has developed into a great amenity. If you haven't been in that part of town for a few years, it's a great place to check out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger4 View Post
Yes, I live at 2200ish south and Windsor(840 east), I walk the S-Line everyday into Fairmont park as well, both are such amazing amenities. The neighborhood has really transformed since I moved here 6 years ago!

Also of note, the Snelgrove building is now being demolished and they are making quick progress...

Quote:

The Lotus Republic Project at 717 East Simpson
- Sugarhouse project has filed a Commercial Building Permit.

Project Description:

The Lotus Company website has an image...https://lotuscompany.com/property_ve...98992919921875

Pictured, site for upcoming Lotus Republic Project.

4/25 - Photo By Atlas

Update, The 900 Elements Apartments Project
- 4 floors, 77 residential units

has been submitted to design review.

Pictured, demolition continues on site for the upcoming 900 Element Apts. Project

4/25 - Photo By Atlas

The S-Line Streetcar

https://www.hdrinc.com/sites/default...etcar-9027.jpg

S-Line, rapid transit and more: A deeper look into Utah's 'historic' transit infrastructure funding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post

https://www.ksl.com/article/50123299...ucture-funding

SALT LAKE CITY — A plan to extend S-Line streetcar and funding for a new "mid-valley" Salt Lake County rapid transit bus system were just some of the projects approved under a bill that included over $1 billion in state spending to accelerate transportation and other infrastructure projects across the state.

HB433 cleared the Utah Legislature on it's second-to-last day. It authorized $264 million in bonds for "specified transportation and transit projects." It also appropriated about $834.6 million in one-time spending from state revenue sources.

Sen. Kirk Cullimore, who served as the floor sponsor of the bill, explained before the legislation passed that it was meant to speed up "a lot of projects on the transportation commission list" and address other priority projects in Utah.

[Quote:]

The UTA project that garnered the most attention was one that would double-track Utah Transit Authority's FrontRunner lines. About $300 million in either bonds issued or one-time spending grants were offered toward that project; however, several other UTA projects would receive funds through the bill.

Here's a deeper look at what the money would go toward.

FrontRunner spending: Double-tracking, Vineyard Station and more

Most of the $264 million in bonds in the bill, about $232 million in total, are to go toward the Utah Transit Authority for a handful of projects but mainly improvements toward FrontRunner.

The bill's most notable spending went toward the double-tracking FrontRunner. The project would allow for more frequent trains and faster transportation between Ogden and Provo. An additional $100 million in one-time spending was also set aside for the project.

Carolyn Gonot, UTA's executive director, said during Wednesday's UTA board meeting that the agency would also seek a federal grant to help with the project.
[/QUOTE]

...It also means UTA could increase the frequency of trains on the rails, the number of people on FrontRunner and the speed between stops just by adding a second track alongside the current route. The project wouldn't double track the remaining three-fourths of the route but would offer "strategic" double-tracking to speed up the current system.

Ranu said that would make it a "more desirable system" and make it an easier option for people who don't want to commute on freeways to work along the Wasatch Front.

"It's really about providing choice for how people want to move in our region," he said.

Construction on FrontRunner double-tracking is currently anticipated to begin as early as 2023, he said.

S-Line extension: Taking "a step" closer to Highland Drive

Another $12 million from the bond would go toward an S-Line expansion in Salt Lake City from its eastern terminus closer to Highland Drive, which means it will be closer to the Sugar House business and residential hub.

The S-Line, which launched in 2013, currently runs between Central Pointe Station (221 W. 2100 South in South Salt Lake) to Fairmont Station, which is located at 1040 E. 2200 South in Salt Lake City. UTA completed some double-tracking on the line in 2019 that allowed the street car service to run every 15 minutes.

Midvalley Connector

Another $11 million in the bond would go toward UTA's "Midvalley Connector" rapid bus transit system project for areas in Salt Lake County. Gonot said that the project also received about $22 million from the state legislature last year.

"Those two combined will actually allow us to leverage another $50 to $60 million from the federal to really make this a high-quality (bus rapid transit) as well," she said.

Last edited by delts145; May 8, 2021 at 2:30 PM.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 1:27 PM

Downtown Update, West Temple 400 South Project

Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/new...and-400-south/

New residential highrise coming to Downtown: 28-story mixed-use tower to stand at West Temple and 400 South

Say hello to Salt Lake City’s newest residential highrise – South West Temple. Its 28 stories will house 340 residential units, 58,000 sf of office and/or a boutique hotel. At street level it will offer 6200 sf of retail space.

Located at 370 S West Temple, the site sits on D-1 zoning, which allows up to 375 ft on corners and higher with design review.

Local readers would know the site from Gracie’s Gastropub to the north (left-center in the aerial photo below). Currently, the site is a vacant lot. Across West Temple to the east sits the new Federal Courthouse, aka the Borg Cube...

...Last week Domain, based in NYC + New Orleans, and locals Giv Development opened (the first portion of their newest Salt Lake City development), the eastern half of the $124.3 million Exchange Project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post

From this page:
https://thedomaincos.com/portfolio/south-west-temple/
It states that the project is expected to be completed in late 2023. Depending on the construction schedule, we could see work starting in the next 6 to 12 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastroc View Post

From Building Salt Lake Instagram account

Renderings courtesy Solomon Cordwell Buenz Architecture. Other images Google Earth.

Upcoming Construction Site, Photo By Luke Garrott

Shown view from 400 S. looking toward the southwest corner

Eastside View from West Temple St.

Last edited by delts145; Sep 14, 2021 at 7:06 PM.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 2:16 PM

Downtown Update, The Gateway District - The Cinq Project Enthusiastically Approved By Planning Commission

Quote:

The CINQ development has filed a Commercial Building Permit.

Copy by Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/dep...-neighborhood/

The stage is set in the Depot District for the CINQ, dbUrban and Dwell Design Studio’s seven-story, 203 unit market-rate project at 530 West 200 South.
If approved in design review at the city, it will make a major statement on a key block in the Depot District, Salt Lake City’s Old Greektown. Its two buildings (plus the warehouse) will take up half the block
between 500 and 600 West, and incorporate the historically-registered 1929 Central Warehouse. At the project’s western boundary, the one-story Citizen Investment Building, which has most recently hosted
a nightclub and a restaurant, will be demolished.

“The rhythm of the column spacing and the window pattern” have been designed into the new building to reproduce the pedestrian scale, Dustin Holt of dbUrban told Building Salt Lake.

Notice the setback of taller structures that help highlight the Central Warehouse. Rendering courtesy Dwell Design Studio.

The CINQ site, 200 South and TRAX, bottom. Central Warehouse, center. Left-center, Casa Milagros senior housing. Alta Gateway/Gateway 606, large white building, center-right. Photo by Luke Garrott.

Notice the setback of taller structures that help highlight the Central Warehouse. Rendering courtesy Dwell Design Studio.

The project will have 2600 sf of ground-floor retail on the corner of 500 West and 200 South. Image courtesy Dwell Design Studio.

On the ground floor of the new buildings will be townhomes on 500 West, 2600 sf of retail on the corner of 500 West and 200 South, a leasing office and live-work units (3000 sf) on 200 South.
The developers expressed that “it was paramount to not only embrace the existing Central Warehouse building, but to highlight it through the rest of the project orientation and design.”
Indeed, the new buildings adjacent to the warehouse are set back from the sidewalk to amplify the presence of the historic structure.

February 22nd

Photo By Atlas

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 2:49 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Now Dixon Place Apartments is how you do mid-rise residential! Perfection! Can we bring this developer/architect combo to LA to smack some sense into our developers here?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 3:06 PM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Now Dixon Place Apartments is how you do mid-rise residential! Perfection! Can we bring this developer/architect combo to LA to smack some sense into our developers here?
The developer (Lowe Property Group) is from Utah but I think the architecture firm (MVE) is actually from Southern California.

https://www.mve-architects.com/featured-projects/

Everything they've designed for SLC is top-notch and I hope we see more from them in the future.

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
I agree Colemonkee. Pre War is how they use to do the massing and finish of Mid-rise here in L.A. The Los Angeles-based firm of M.V.E. has been very active in Salt Lake City as of late, and thank goodness. Like Atlas said, everything they touch has been excellent and has received overwhelming enthusiasm from the forum.

There are some great projects going up here in L.A. and my hometown of SLC. However, I would definitely like to see more attention to the finish details on some of the mid-rise projects in Los Angeles, especially those where they use too much of the stucco effect. I was very disappointed in how they finished the street side engagement of the apartments on the corner of Hoover and Wilshire. That is such an iconic little neighborhood section of Wilshire and I can't for the life of me understand why they did such a value-added, stripped-down look at that prominent corner. I do like the tower portion though.

Last edited by delts145; May 8, 2021 at 2:47 PM.

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 1:29 PM

Update, Central Metro - Mid Vallely Performing Arts Center

Drone Flyover - March - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU_hNURfOkw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
Mid Valley Performing Arts Center. I think Taylorsville is a little gem in our valley:

https://artsaltlake.org/mid-valley-p...oming-in-2020/

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 1:48 PM

Central Metro - L.D.S. Taylorsville Temple

The Taylorsville Utah Temple will be a three-story building of approximately 70,000 square feet with a central spire. Two-level parking is planned for the site, providing both surface and underground parking spaces.

https://churchofjesuschristtemples.o...Construction-2

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/8...cliffs-worship

20 December 2019 Courtesy of Aaron Baker

2020 - Existing Chapel Structure, to be demolished - Courtesy of Scott C. Sorensen

25 June 2020 Courtesy of Joseph Wamsley

18 July 2020 Courtesy of Benjamin Brown

8 January 2021 Courtesy of Gary Nilsen -
Excavation begins for the parking facility

10 January 2021 Courtesy of Wayne -
Forms set for foundation walls

25 January 2021 Courtesy of Gary Nilsen -
Parking excavation progress with temple foundation in background

26 January 2021 Courtesy of Kay N Dale Cherrington - Installing aggreagate piers to support substructures

28 January 2021 Courtesy of Kay N Dale Cherrington - Additional footings and foundation walls are poured

16 February 2021 Courtesy of Kay N Dale Cherrington - Parking facility footings and temple foundation

27 March 2021 Courtesy of Gary Nilsen

22 April 2021 Courtesy of Kay N Dale Cherrington

2 May 2021 Courtesy of Kay N Dale Cherrington

2 May 2021 Courtesy of Kay N Dale Cherrington

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 3:09 PM

Central Metro East Update, Park City/Deer Valley - 14 Million Dollar Updo for Stein Ericksen Lodge

Carolyn Webber Alder - The Park Record - https://www.parkrecord.com/news/stei...ct-new-guests/

Owners of the Stein Eriksen Lodge are proud of its heritage as one of the oldest lodges in Park City, but they also know that all those years require maintenance. The lodge is currently undergoing a $14 million expansion that includes a new pool, outdoor deck, entertainment room and coffee bar. The renovations, which began in June of 2017, are expected to be completed by mid-September.
Jessica Turner, marketing manager of the Stein Collection, said that the update is meant to help the lodge remain "relevant and current" and attract a younger generation of visitors.
The 3,500-square-foot entertainment room, titled Champions Club, includes arcade games and a restaurant, so guests will be able to participate in different activities than what has typically been offered. The theater room, which is now open, will show sports events and family movies on weekend evenings.
"We typically look at what is going to be captivating and keep people on property and provide a new amenity that they would go off property for," she said.
An outdoor family pool is also being added to the lodge, in addition to an outdoor plaza with fire pits. Immediately above the plaza, the upper deck was expanded to allow for more outdoor seating. Wood floors were replaced on the deck as well.
Guests will also be able to easily access the new ski-in, ski-out coffee shop called First Tracks Kaffe, which is located near the former owner's entrance. Stein Eriksen Sport and the ski locker rooms expanded by about 400 square feet.

Construction is underway at the Stein Eriksen Lodge. A new family pool and outdoor deck are part of the $14 million expansion. By Tanzy Propst

Old Posted May 9, 2021, 1:29 PM

Central Metro/East - Park City, Canyons Village - The Pendry Residences

Salt Lake City's Eastern Metro Suburbia Resorts. Pictured, Park City

https://www.realestateinparkcity.com...%20Sale.15.jpg

Live Cam - May, 2021 - https://pendryresidencesparkcity.com...nces/#live-cam

Pendry Residences Park City - New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels

Caroylyn Weber Alder - The Park Record - https://www.parkrecord.com/news/new-...pendry-hotels/

The Pendry Residences Park City is expected to be completed at the Canyons Village in 2021.

Montage International is bringing another resort to Park City.

Pendry Residences Park City, a luxury condominium development, is set to go up at the base of the Canyons Village side of Park City Mountain Resort. Construction is set to start in the summer with a completion goal of winter 2021.
Buyers are expected to start reserving rooms in February.

The condominiums will be managed under Montage International's new Pendry brand, which has locations in San Diego and Baltimore. The developer for the project, Brian Shirken, is president of the national real estate development and
investment company Columbus Pacific, which has worked on such Park City projects as the highly debated commercial and event space on Main Street at the former site of the Kimball Arts Center and Apex Residences in Canyons Village.
Montage International also owns and operates Montage Deer Valley.

Pendry Residences is expected to cover 200,000 square feet in the center of Canyons Village, wedged between the Hyatt Centric Park City, Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations and Sundial Lodge. There is expected to be 40,000 square
feet of retail space on the plaza level. The lot is currently used as a parking lot...

...The development is set to include 150 condominium units, which range from studios to four-bedroom penthouses, Shirken said. He expects that the majority of the owners — who will likely be second-home owners — will be placing their
units into the rental pool, which Pendry will help manage.

Pendry Residences are also set to have five restaurants, multiple retail shops, a rooftop pool, a spa, a kid's club, a recreation room and some bars, including one in a yurt. A large convention space will be available for conferences. Shirken
hopes the amenities attract visitors from neighboring hotels as well as locals.

"We're trying to create a variety of retailers and restaurants that will be exciting and interesting for the residents of Park City," he said.

Utah Business - https://www.utahbusiness.com/pendry-park-city-3/

Park City— The Pendry Park City, slated to open in 2021 in the heart of the revitalized Canyons Village. Designed by SB Architects, IBI Group, and SFA Design, the ski-in, lift-out resort and residences will bring a new level of luxury to the destination.

Bringing in artistic influence, thoughtful service and inspired design to Canyons Village, Pendry Park City will serve as a destination within a destination. The luxury resort will feature 152 guestrooms, suites, and Pendry Residences ranging in size from 446-square-foot studios starting at $395,000 to spacious 2,600-square-foot four-bedroom penthouse residences up to $3.65 million. Upon opening, the resort will have the only rooftop pool and bar in the area, as well as an inspired Japanese-American restaurant that will offer mountain fare, steaks, and chops, along with authentic Japanese sushi and ramen. Guests and residential owners will also have access to a rec room with relaxed American cuisine and arcade games, as well as Spa Pendry with eight treatment rooms; a fitness center; Pinwheel Kids Club and more than 7,000 square feet of indoor meeting space, including a 4,000-square-foot ballroom.

“We are excited to usher in a new era of hospitality and expand the Montage International presence in Park City,” said Michael Fuerstman, co-founder and creative director, Pendry Hotels & Resorts. “Pendry Park City is poised to offer visitors and residents a vibrant gathering place, a unique destination for outdoor pursuits, culinary journeys and cultural exploration.”

“Pendry Park City Canyons Village will add to a dynamic scene for the destination,” says Brian Shirken, president, Columbus Pacific. “With our strategic location, superior amenities and unparalleled experiences, Pendry Park City is perfectly positioned to propel Canyons Village into its next generation.”

At the forefront of the larger upper Canyons Village master plan and only 35 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport, Pendry Park City will become the social hub of Canyons Village at its debut.

Last edited by delts145; Jun 5, 2021 at 12:13 PM.

Old Posted May 9, 2021, 1:59 PM

Central Metro/East - Park City Update, Mayflower Resort

Work on multi-billion dollar Mayflower Mountain Resort continues through pandemic with aim for 2023 opening

"Developers have estimated that the first phase will incorporate around $1 billion in vertical construction, of which the conference hotel will be about $320 million."

Access Video Link, Scroll Down To Image - https://ozarch.com/2020/09/mayflower-mountain-resort/

https://ozarch.com/wp-content/upload...onf-Center.png

https://thejordanelle.com/wp-content...2/Villagee.jpg

September/October 2020: Excerpts by Alexander Cramer for the Park Record - ...With all the hubbub about growth and development surrounding the Jordanelle Reservoir, the mountains that overlook its western flank seem unmoved...It’s at the base of the mountain where any hint of the future for these hills sits. It’s there that a new 1.2-million-gallon water tank is buried, construction vehicles sit near freshly turned earth and the infrastructure for some of the planned Mayflower Mountain Resort has been laid.

A little over a year ago, developers announced ambitious plans at the site for what they called the first brand-new ski resort to be developed in the United States in 40 years. Sitting on the eastern flank of Deer Valley Resort, Mayflower Mountain Resort was the product of a partnership between New York real estate magnate Gary Barnett and a Utah development agency that was created to solve jurisdictional problems related to military installations and grew large enough to swallow thousands of acres in the Wasatch Back. Plans called for a half-dozen ski lifts, three hotels, 1,560 residential units and 250,000 square feet of commercial space...At a site visit Monday, much had been done in the past few months that wasn’t immediately visible, and that the flurry of activity laid the groundwork for the project to go forward. Brooke Hontz, vice president of development at EX Utah Development, LLC, said the COVID-19 pandemic had knocked the project sideways, like it did many industries, effectively pausing work for a month and shifting its priorities and timeline.But the project has undergone meaningful administrative transformations and improvements, according to Hontz and Kurt Krieg, senior vice president of development at EX Utah Development, LLC, the Utah-based arm of the Extell Development Company. For skiers, that means the ski lifts are now estimated to be turning in time for the 2023-2024 ski season. Last year, Krieg said the hope was for the resort to open for skiing for the 2021-2022 season and for the first hotel to open in the spring of 2022. Now, Krieg said the goal is to start vertical construction of the first hotel in the spring. That is planned to be a 12-story, 615,000-square-foot facility that includes 388 rooms and 55 condos in addition to commercial and conference space. Krieg said it will be designed to be able to hold large-scale conferences, like trade shows for military groups. It will be big enough for a car or a tank or a boat to be put on display, he said. Of the 388 rooms, 100 will be set aside for members of the military. It’s those 100 rooms that make up the U.S. Air Force’s morale, welfare and recreation facility. Originally, the Military Installation Development Authority, or MIDA, became involved in the project to build a facility for members of the military to get rest and relaxation near a Utah ski resort. Its charge was to replace a small ski chalet that was knocked down in the early 2000s.

MIDA has been instrumental in the development of the larger resort concept, with Barnett saying the project would not have happened without the financing options MIDA provides.

In late August, MIDA issued $68.5 million in bonds to finance the infrastructure for much of the planned resort. Krieg said that will pay for key infrastructure like water, sewer and roads.

Soon after the funding came through, MIDA approved a consolidated master plan for the area, providing a high-level look at how the resort will be built and uniting other various approvals, some of which dated back to the 1980s. The master plan calls for two distinct base areas, which are separated by a ridgeline. The Mayflower base area is where the conference hotel will be, while the so-called Pioche base area, just to the north, will feature single- and multi-family homes, a boutique hotel and other amenities.

Krieg said that master plan approval moved the project out of the legislative phase of approvals and into the administrative one, a wonky but important distinction that means that future governmental oversight will be limited to how, not whether, aspects of the project can be built.

Governmental oversight has come in strange forms for this project, with MIDA acting as a jurisdiction like a city or town but with a board of directors made up of officials from around the state.

MIDA has land-use authority for much of the project, though the project is in Wasatch County. The resort area has swelled to 6,800 acres, some 10.5 square miles. Standing on a ridgeline with the various planned ski trails cascading down around her, Hontz extended her arm over a nearby hill and pointed west, saying the property extended about 4 miles to Guardsman Pass...Hontz portrayed the future resort as skier-friendly, and designed chiefly for the skiing experience. She said that homes will not rise above a certain elevation level, contrasting it with the ski-in/ski-out mansions in The Colony, in which skiers at the Canyons Village side of Park City Mountain Resort meander through multi-million dollar homes. Instead, the homes at Mayflower will be lower down and closer to the planned ski village.

The developers have been working with two consulting groups to prepare skier operation programs. SE Group, based in Colorado, designed the resort’s ski trails and is working on resort programming like a ski school, ski patrol, ski rental systems and restaurants. 4240 Architecture, based in Denver, is working on the architectural components, designing the buildings and lodges. Mayflower Mountain Resort has long been envisioned as the eastern portal to Deer Valley Resort, and last year secured an agreement with Deer Valley that allows users to access terrain there through Mayflower’s infrastructure. That means that skiers could use the Mayflower base area and take a lift up into Deer Valley’s terrain, skiing there for the day as long as they have a Deer Valley ski pass. Barnett has said he envisions the two resorts operating together, and Krieg reiterated Monday that would be the ideal arrangement...Wasatch County officials have said that, in approving aspects of the resort, they anticipated it would be operated to the same standard as Deer Valley, which has garnered a worldwide reputation for service and amenities.

Kurt Krieg, a senior vice president with the company developing Mayflower Mountain Resort, describes the infrastructure projects
that will soon be installed on the site just west of the Jordanelle Reservoir as Brooke Hontz looks on. Krieg estimated lifts will start turning at the resort in 2023. (Tanzi Propst/Park Record)

March, 2021

Progress on Mayflower Mountain Resort continues.

Work has continued this winter on the planned Mayflower Mountain Resort beyond the eastern border of Deer Valley Resort, with nearly $70 million worth of infrastructure installed and another $100 million to pay for things like road retaining walls, sewer pipe and snowmaking infrastructure.

https://imengine.public.prod.sci.nav...idth=1024&q=80

A rendering of Mayflower Mountain Resort, which would be on 6,800 acres. Courtesy Wall Street Journal - EX UTAH DEVELOPMENT LLC (RENDERING)

Last edited by delts145; Nov 21, 2021 at 12:38 PM.

Old Posted May 9, 2021, 1:59 PM

Central Metro East - Update, Canyons Village - Park City's Newly Completed YOTELPAD

Video At Construction Site - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DgjLJsMOw

Bringing the Mountain to Modern:

The traditional mountain home is, well, stuck in tradition. Rough-hewn wooden walls, dark and heavy furnishings, cavernous rooms and probably a few dusty stuffed animals staring down in judgment at your Netflix choices. This is the tradition. It’s all so dark, stuffy, and gallingly inefficient.

The modern traveler wants modern convenience and values efficient, thoughtful, even conservative uses of space. When we go someplace like Park City, our lodging should be just right—the Goldilocks of spaces. We came here to ski, to dine, and to make memories with friends and family while we explore the mountains. Thankfully, designers, architects, and developers Berkshire Hathaway like are getting the hint and new projects like YOTELPAD Park City built around the way we actually travel and play and not some antiquated idea of how we should travel and play—with nary a dead animal on the wall.

The new YOTELPAD, the brainchild of Replay Destinations and Yotel, at the base of the Canyons Village at Park City Mountain puts the 7,300 Acres of the largest ski resort in the United States just outside your door. With 144 units ranging from studio to three bedrooms, the project was thought out to embrace smart design and maximize the square footage and all of it is fully wired with technology and intuitive services to help you focus on playing, not staying. And it’s affordable. YOTELPAD is hotel/condo concept that offers affordable full-ownership options (in the heart of a world-renowned ski resort), which puts luxury modern mountain living within range of the next generation.

Be Social

When not on the mountain and not asleep, it’s time for friends and family and to mingle with other guests. Friendly common areas offer plenty of room to spend time enjoying the time. The social spaces at YOTELPAD are designed to maximize view space of the surrounding mountains with comfortable seating, games for the kids, and food and drink. Gathering places feature soft seating placed around fireplaces. Soak up the sun, watch a movie, shoot pool, or join friends on the view terrace. Unwind by the pool or soak in the hot tub. Or relax with a drink by the fire before your next game of PAC-MAN. Designers at YOTELPAD configured every space to keep the schlepping (the bane of any ski trip) to a minimum. The valet parks your car, the ski valet takes your gear and you can settle in.

BE EFFICIENT

Every innovative inch of YOTELPAD was created with efficiency for both time and space. Each private PAD (as the rooms are called) and social zone was designed with serious thought into how the modern traveler can and wants live on the mountain. The PADs all feature clever Italian-made furniture that makes the room work hard for many functions (and keeps prices down). For example, the sofa conceals a pull-down wall bed and storage space. The workspace doubles as a kids’ table and then transforms for bedtime into bunkbeds

BE FUTURE FORWARD

Technology lets owners and guests get essentials done quickly and effortlessly. The entire property is linked up to the YOTELPAD app where you can do everything from extending your stay to requesting extra towels. Gary Raymond, the managing director of Replay Destinations, YOTELPAD Park City’s developer, believes that, “Technology, innovation, and design are converging to make smart resort homes affordable—and desirable—to a new generation.”

https://www.skiutah.com/blog/authors...inline-display

Construction Site Timeline

August 2020
Video Uppdate - https://vimeo.com/yotelpadparkcity

2021 Video - Completed Yotelpad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSOiIAcHUz8

Last edited by delts145; May 9, 2021 at 2:49 PM.

Old Posted May 9, 2021, 3:52 PM

I always look forward to your updates! Thanks!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations