HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1141  
Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 11:40 AM
The mayor The mayor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 273
https://globalnews.ca/news/8053408/r...a-tripadvisor/
Regina fine dining restaurant makes top 10 in Canada: TripAdvisor
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1142  
Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 11:37 PM
McBean's Avatar
McBean McBean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Regina
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
https://globalnews.ca/news/8053408/r...a-tripadvisor/
Regina fine dining restaurant makes top 10 in Canada: TripAdvisor
Memories is a terrific restaurant, absolutely terrible location. Scared to park your car anywhere near it and always get hounded by beggars when leaving.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1143  
Old Posted Jul 24, 2021, 3:20 AM
Draftsman Draftsman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBean View Post
Memories is a terrific restaurant, absolutely terrible location. Scared to park your car anywhere near it and always get hounded by beggars when leaving.
I agree. Now that Enterprise car rental across the street has relocated, it would great if they could make a deal to use that (fenced) lot for valet parking.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1144  
Old Posted Jul 24, 2021, 1:24 PM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Pride is our downfall
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBean View Post
Memories is a terrific restaurant, absolutely terrible location. Scared to park your car anywhere near it and always get hounded by beggars when leaving.
Ya, wouldn’t it be nice if all the poors just kept to themselves?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1145  
Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 11:38 PM
McBean's Avatar
McBean McBean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Regina
Posts: 129
Nothing to report here?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1146  
Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 5:49 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,872
It appears that Dojo Ramen's opening is postponed to 2022. Not surprising.

https://www.grassrootsrestaurantgroup.ca/dojo-ramen
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1147  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2021, 6:40 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
It appears that Dojo Ramen's opening is postponed to 2022. Not surprising.

https://www.grassrootsrestaurantgroup.ca/dojo-ramen
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1148  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2021, 10:30 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,872
Good news on Dojo Ramen. The menu is certainly interesting.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1149  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2021, 11:04 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Good news on Dojo Ramen. The menu is certainly interesting.
I’m excited!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1150  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 8:06 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,979


Looks great!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1151  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 11:58 PM
The mayor The mayor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 273
Filipino food is finally having its moment in Regina


Local foodie eats his way through Regina to share his take on what’s good
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6192664
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1152  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 1:58 AM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,979
Their new location is looking beautiful!




Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Oct 16, 2021 at 2:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1153  
Old Posted Nov 11, 2021, 9:58 PM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Pride is our downfall
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 2,268
It’s not a Brazilian-owned company that relies on paying immigrants poverty wages to sling shit coffee en masse but there’s a new pub on South Albert in the same mall as Dandy’s and Wiid called Rock Tavern and Eatery. It’s alright for middle of the road pub fare, which aligns with their full restaurant brand, Rock Creek. Here’s my handsome pal standing in front of it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1154  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 2:04 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
aligns with their full restaurant brand, Rock Creek.
Happy that local places are trying, but I can't say that excites me in the slightest.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1155  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 3:37 AM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Pride is our downfall
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Happy that local places are trying, but I can't say that excites me in the slightest.
Ya it doesn’t really distinguish itself from Boston Pizza’s lounge down the road.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1156  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 12:46 AM
McBean's Avatar
McBean McBean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Regina
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Happy that local places are trying, but I can't say that excites me in the slightest.
Me neither
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1157  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 7:04 PM
Drofmab's Avatar
Drofmab Drofmab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
It’s not a Brazilian-owned company that relies on paying immigrants poverty wages to sling shit coffee en masse but there’s a new pub on South Albert in the same mall as Dandy’s and Wiid called Rock Tavern and Eatery. It’s alright for middle of the road pub fare, which aligns with their full restaurant brand, Rock Creek. Here’s my handsome pal standing in front of it.
So Rock Tavern & Rock Creek are related - couldn't find any obvious links on their respective pages... but the logo sure made me assume they might be.

We ordered for pick up there a few weeks ago - everything was very good. The vibe inside the place reminded me of a Leos or Vic's - just without all the paraphernalia on the walls & ceiling. It was busy the day we picked up there (a Thursday night, IIRC).
__________________
@drofmab
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1158  
Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 9:14 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,092
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1159  
Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 9:24 PM
UPP UPP is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Ya it doesn’t really distinguish itself from Boston Pizza’s lounge down the road.
I remember when Rock Creek first opened in the East end. Their menu was refreshing and different. Then they got pretty popular, expanded quickly and became very mundane and average.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1160  
Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 9:27 PM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Pride is our downfall
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPP View Post
I remember when Rock Creek first opened in the East end. Their menu was refreshing and different. Then they got pretty popular, expanded quickly and became very mundane and average.
That is EXACTLY my thoughts about Rock Creek. Same with the Freehouse (now Social Hall). Seems like Leo's Group was able to figure that problem out (for now).
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:29 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.