HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 2:31 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
You should try the stretch between Carberry and Kiche Manitou campground.
Yeah I know, another fine piece of third world highway infrastructure, feel for those that have to travel that piece of shot road on a daily basis!

Maybe Canada should spend some taxpayer generated foreign aid dollars in Canada before improving highways and infrastructure in foreign lands!

Old Posted Aug 25, 2021, 12:54 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
You should try the stretch between Carberry and Kiche Manitou campground.
try driving the 391.........

Old Posted Aug 25, 2021, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
try driving the 391.........
Never been further north than Wekusko Falls.

Went camping at Stephenfield Prov Park on the weekend. Hwy 3 between Oak Bluff and Carman was so bad with the frost heaves pulling our travel trailer that we decided to detour north from Carman over to Hwy 2 for the drive back. The gravel road into the campground from PR 245 was so badly washboarded I couldn't go faster than 5 kph. Campers traveling across Canada are often advised to avoid Manitoba due to the poor highway conditions, although #1 is in mostly good condition.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2021, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Never been further north than Wekusko Falls.

Went camping at Stephenfield Prov Park on the weekend. Hwy 3 between Oak Bluff and Carman was so bad with the frost heaves pulling our travel trailer that we decided to detour north from Carman over to Hwy 2 for the drive back. The gravel road into the campground from PR 245 was so badly washboarded I couldn't go faster than 5 kph. Campers traveling across Canada are often advised to avoid Manitoba due to the poor highway conditions, although #1 is in mostly good condition.
Maple Leaf is to repave between Brunkild and Carman. Are they on site yet? There is some 2021 work in that job.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrh View Post
Maple Leaf is to repave between Brunkild and Carman. Are they on site yet? There is some 2021 work in that job.
Not as of yet. It was worth it to detour over the Hwy 2. Much better highway.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2021, 1:08 PM

Whomever had the contract for Highway 18 (Killarney to 23 Jct) did an outstanding job! Paved shoulders as well!

On TCH prior to the Ontario border, is that new highway? Or did they just repave the westbound lanes?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2021, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Whomever had the contract for Highway 18 (Killarney to 23 Jct) did an outstanding job! Paved shoulders as well!

On TCH prior to the Ontario border, is that new highway? Or did they just repave the westbound lanes?
Coco Paving

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 3:16 PM

https://steinbachonline.com/local/an...ll-for-changes

Not sure if any of you are familiar with this intersection (PTH 12 @ PR 210) but I definitely think MIT should make it RIRO with accel/decel lanes as there is a service interchange about 1.5 km north of it and it is a relatively low volume intersection.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 3:41 PM

Need a diamond there. Or some type of connection up to the 207 interchange might work. It's a provincial road so should require a higher level of service. If it's not required, downgrade the class of road.

I take my cat to Waldenway on 210, just west of #12. It can be quite busy trying to get across. There 1400 vehicles on each of 207 and 210. 10,000 a day on #12 at that location.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 4:09 PM

I guess I meant it as an interim solution but we all know that interim might as well mean ultimate/permanent when it comes to MIT!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Not sure if any of you are familiar with this intersection (PTH 12 @ PR 210) but I definitely think MIT should make it RIRO with accel/decel lanes as there is a service interchange about 1.5 km north of it and it is a relatively low volume intersection.
We use that intersection several times a year and have never found it that dangerous. There are much more dangerous intersections in my area such as 206 @ 1, 206 @ 207 and 206 @ 311. Reducing the speed limit on 12 @ 210 would probably help, although most people don't seem to slow down for these intersection speed reductions.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 4:46 PM

There's so many locations that need attention, it's hard to prioritize. #1, 100/101, and 75 would top the list. Locations like this on #12, #10 near Brandon, etc should be next on that list.

However if we waited until all of #1, 100/101, 75 were completely taken care of, everyone currently alive will be dead.

Best solution for 210 would probably be a flyover with no access to #12. Like I said, could use 207, especially from in Ste. Anne. However, if you're going to build a bridge there, might as well make it a diamond.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 8:03 PM

Of interest. The ESRI / ARCGIS database has recent updated sat photos. I haven't browsed that database in awhile.

I was on the East St Paul Public access map, and the aerial has the 59N floodway bridge U/C.

https://rrpd.maps.arcgis.com/apps/we...7cdc4392f4e146

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 7:08 AM

If we are talking of crappy roads that need to be fixed badly PR 275 fr Swan River to the SK border has been waiting to get expanded and repaired for like 35 plus years… the local highways people have said they have been advised to use gravel as patch work and as the pavement gets more wrecked just use gravel and eventually have it turn into a gravel road.
Also PR 487 in the Swan Valley has been expanded and still waiting for pavement for 20 plus years. A part of it in the south is paved a bit but not much else is.

It’s tough when the south is wanting attention when places in the north are forgotten about at times.

Hwy 10 and 83 need some good love too .. rough roads at times

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 4:13 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

how does highways allow repairs that fall apart the next day get done?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2021, 1:12 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
o manitobas longest spanning bridge is up for replacement then
C15049 15 RFP ESP Preliminary Design (Structure)
(Site 3329) 391 At Churchill River: 3.0km North of PR 493 (Vicinity of
Leaf Rapids)
Town of Leaf
Rapids Nov

anyhoe in the know hear anything on this?

the bridge is a crater of potholes that are deep and taring the wooden deck to shreads... basicaly a one way bridge doging the holes and everytime they patch it within days its back to the way it was befr they patched it also gotta slow down to 20kmph or rip ur car apart its bad... and they just repaired it the other day again

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 4:02 AM
Mooderator

Quote:
Drove to MB a couple of weeks ago from QC. TCH Westbound starting near Hwy 11 was brand new and smooth as silk, it is brand new.

South perimeter was in really good shape too, but jesus those lights need to go.

I drove on number 3 to Carman. What are they doing between Sperling and Carman? Adding a passing lane?

From Carman to Roseisle - brand new pavement, great drive.

Highway 23 was a disaster from #5 to Ninette. They even have a permanent sign installed telling you to lower your speed because the road is rough.

Quote:
That stretch was amazing. Then I went south of Lena to the border. Ying and Yang, holy smokes..

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
South perimeter was in really good shape too, but jesus those lights need to go.
I use the south Perimeter to take my kids to their swimming lessons at Margaret Grant Pool and the combination of high traffic volumes, high speeds, narrow lanes, nearly non-existent merge lanes and traffic lights make for one of the most treacherous stretches of road I've driven on anywhere. It is brutally substandard.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 2:29 PM

The old rural highways are shit and usually very narrow.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Drove to MB a couple of weeks ago from QC. TCH Westbound starting near Hwy 11 was brand new and smooth as silk, it is brand new.

I drove on number 3 to Carman. What are they doing between Sperling and Carman? Adding a passing lane?

From Carman to Roseisle - brand new pavement, great drive.

Highway 23 was a disaster from #5 to Ninette. They even have a permanent sign installed telling you to lower your speed because the road is rough.

That stretch was amazing. Then I went south of Lena to the border. Ying and Yang, holy smokes..
23 is supposed to be redone next year, at least from Minto to Baulder.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan