HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 1:23 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Isn't this just a few doors down from Parcel F? Or very close to it?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 1:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRinconHill View Post
Also its not the prettiest building but I'm not opposed to a new 840 foot residential tower either!

Quite surprised to see this. I did not think we would see any kind of news about high rises for a few years. Interesting but I am not excited about it as it is something in the long term that could happen. I will keep looking out of my window for it!

Last edited by Jerry of San Fran; Nov 22, 2023 at 3:23 AM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
There are only two pretty small buildings between the sites, they are super close which makes me even more excited to imagine these two giants standing side by side.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 3:53 PM
你的媽媽

The specs for 530 Turk:
- 13 floors, 130 ft
- 88 units (11 studios, 55 1BR, 22 2BR)
- 13 of the units will be affordable
- Parking for 35 cars and 93 bicycles

The site:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/jqxnZsjdf2h2cb5m6

Quote:
New Renderings For 13-Story Apartments In Tenderlion, San Francisco

BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:30 AM ON NOVEMBER 17, 2023

New renderings and altered plans have been published for the 13-story apartment complex at 530 Turk Street close to Polk Street in the Tenderloin, San Francisco. The unit count has been reduced for the project, but the apartments have gotten bigger to allow for larger households. J.S. Sullivan Development is responsible for the proposal.

RG Architecture is responsible for the design. Renderings show the glassy, balcony-filled facade with a contemporary twist on San Francisco’s historic Bay Window vernacular facing Turk Street. Residents will enter the building through the double-height lobby to the elevator bay. Bicycle parking is situated on the second floor. Crowning the building will be a rooftop amenity deck shared by all residents.

The 130-foot tall structure will yield around 93,970 square feet, with 72,200 square feet for housing and 7,000 square feet for on-site storage. Parking will be included for 93 bicycles and 35 cars utilizing three-tier stackers. Of the 88 units, 13 will be designated as affordable. Unit sizes will vary, with 11 studios, 55 one-bedrooms, and 22 two-bedrooms. The developer is seeking a 16% density bonus to increase residential capacity and exceed certain zoning restrictions.

The property is between Larkin Street and Polk Street, facing the Phillip Burton Federal Building, designed by John Carl Warnecke & Associates. Next door is the recently completed affordable housing project, 555 Larkin, by TNDC. Residents will be a block from San Francisco’s new Bus Rapid Transit line along Van Ness Avenue. For regional transit, the Civic Center BART Station is ten minutes away on foot.
https://sfyimby.com/2023/11/new-rend...francisco.html

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 3:53 PM
你的媽媽

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 4:00 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmy2 View Post
There are only two pretty small buildings between the sites, they are super close which makes me even more excited to imagine these two giants standing side by side.
Looks like there's only one building between the sites. The two story one pictured here that currently is occupied by Temple Nightclub: https://maps.app.goo.gl/LT9Qf3D98TAzHLkLA

From SFYIMBY:
Quote:
Today, a surface parking lot and a four-story office building occupy the project site.
Parcel F (550 Howard) would be the site immediately left of the two story building, and this new one by Bayhill Ventures (530 Howard) would be to the right. Of note, the previous iteration of this project (524 Howard) would have kept the four story building. So the new version, 530 Howard is not as skinny, but taller than the old one (524 Howard). I know, lots of Howards.

https://sfyimby.com/2023/07/hines-ge...francisco.html

https://sfyimby.com/2023/11/plans-su...francisco.html

Old Posted Nov 18, 2023, 12:05 AM

I was reading the SF Yimby article for 530 Howard today again and noticed some pretty unfortunate news regarding Parcel F and I don't know if it is true but the article states, and I quote, "Hines and a development team canceled the planned 61-story mixed-use tower known as Parcel F."

Old Posted Nov 18, 2023, 1:05 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
I was reading the SF Yimby article for 530 Howard today again and noticed some pretty unfortunate news regarding Parcel F and I don't know if it is true but the article states, and I quote, "Hines and a development team canceled the planned 61-story mixed-use tower known as Parcel F."
Eh, not really surprising but unfortunate nonetheless.

If this goes through it makes up for it.

Didn't Hines also propose the supertall near the PGE building?

Old Posted Nov 18, 2023, 2:47 AM

Yeah, the article said they are hoping to focus on that project more. I really really hope it goes through but at the same time I haven't heard any news on it in over a year.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2023, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Edit: hadn’t scrolled down enough to see Homebucket’s post.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2023, 5:22 PM

Been waiting patiently for any news of high rises in SF/Bay Area and I'm glad we FINALLY see a new project!

It's been a long time since I've heard of Parcel F too. I remember when I was working at Salesforce in 2018 that we were hyped, and even printed photos of it at work because we wanted to see how the park would look like in the future

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 8:55 PM

Has anything broken ground this year in SF? Mainly ones that are over 300 feet?

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 9:11 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Hayes Point (30 Van Ness Ave) got started late last year/early this year but has stopped construction and been on hold as of August this year due to poor market conditions.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Not really that I can think of - definitely unfortunate.

Not sure if this counts as "broken ground" but demo is well underway for the shorter 177ft building at Transbay block 2. I think they're removing some underground remnants from the freeway but no word on when it will actually go vertical afaik.

This image is from Nov 17th so might be a bit outdated:

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 10:46 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Hayes Point (30 Van Ness Ave) got started late last year/early this year but has stopped construction and been on hold as of August this year due to poor market conditions.
I don't know too much about that project, what are the odds it gets back on its feet again?

Lendlease seems legit though.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 11:57 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I don't know too much about that project, what are the odds it gets back on its feet again?

I would say perhaps eventually but right now a lot of companies consolidated and downsized their presence in SF proper. Plus, WFH isn't going anywhere.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2023, 1:23 AM

Yeah, I think there's a big gulf between the residential and office demand right now. If anything, I can see residential being built, especially if it's cheaper to build mid-rise construction. Perhaps a few high rises such as the one at 4th and the freeway. Maybe we'll see some previous commercial proposals go residential if the zoning allows it, but that will delay any such project for years.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2023, 4:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post

I hope they make up for the disappointment Hines has left us in the Bay after cancelling both Parcel F and 415 20th Street.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2023, 5:18 PM

I feel like the only main thing that's going on in SF is Treasure Island... a bit disappointing but at least it's something.

I was going through the thread a bit and I really wish the Cube building was actually being built. That would be VERY iconic for the whole Bay

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 4:29 PM

Quote:
I feel like the only main thing that's going on in SF is Treasure Island... a bit disappointing but at least it's something.

I was going through the thread a bit and I really wish the Cube building was actually being built. That would be VERY iconic for the whole Bay
What's the Cube Building?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations