HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 20, 2021, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Cool little video update of The Cooper in Downtown Wilmington here. I knew The Cooper looked like the best residential project from BPG in Wilmington - but their mentioning that The Cooper was designed by Philly's Digsau Architecture confirmed it. Hopefully, BPG continues this relationship!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfOfIug8HR/
Thanks for sharing the video. BPG and DIGSAU teamed up on the UD Bookstore that opened in 2011 and have collaborated on other things too. I agree I'd love to see more continue to happen there.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2021, 7:38 PM

Federal Realty to undertake redevelopment at Bala Cynwyd Shopping Center, other area retail properties

Quote:
Federal Realty Investment Trust used the Delwyn as a test for what future uses it might incorporate at the Bala Cynwyd Shopping Center. The company plans additional apartments at the property.

The mall owner envisions more of a mix of uses at the properties, transforming them beyond their retail roots.
Sounds promising. City Avenue can handle so much more density. Article behind paywall here:
https://properties.federalrealty.com...Center/3313946

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Federal Realty to undertake redevelopment at Bala Cynwyd Shopping Center, other area retail properties

Sounds promising. City Avenue can handle so much more density. Article behind paywall here:
Rendering now available for this in the article link. Looks to me like 5 or 6 floor apartment building planned for old Lord & Taylor spot.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 10:33 PM
Chris

Quote:
Rendering now available for this in the article link. Looks to me like 5 or 6 floor apartment building planned for old Lord & Taylor spot.
Is L&T getting demolished? I hope not.

I think its time for Saks to move to KoP, Ardmore or Center City. Seems out of place on City Ave nowadays.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Is L&T getting demolished? I hope not.

I think its time for Saks to move to KoP, Ardmore or Center City. Seems out of place on City Ave nowadays.
Yes, I believe it is. And yeah, Saks should move. Ardmore could be an option but doubt there's space there. King of Prussia makes the most sense. Would make a TON of sense for Saks to take the old Lord & Taylor spot in the KOP mall. We'll see...

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 7:04 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
I asked a few sales folks over the years where their customers come from, the answer was pretty consistent in that they said more than 50% come from Philly to shop there. Therefore, it makes sense if they can find a location and space to move there. They have high end stuff so not sure where it fits in the city in terms of location a building that acts like a "bank". But, their current Bala Cynwyd location has all the parking space they will ever need and a building that is safe and secure.

KOP seems like an obvious choice, but I don't seem them moving. The have an established customer base at Bala Cynwyd and it seems like suburban folks will travel there far and away for designer labels, bags, watches, etc that isn't carried in volume anywhere else.

Last edited by iheartphilly; Feb 24, 2021 at 7:20 PM.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 8:03 PM

The Summit House Nears Completion At 610 Summit Avenue In Jenkintown

Rendering:

Current progress:

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/02/the-...enkintown.html

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 8:06 PM

COVID-19 showed a developer that offices could be unhealthy. So he’s building a healthy one in Malvern

Quote:
“Why would I stay in an unhealthy building?” Nicoletti, one of the chief executives at the family-owned Philadelphia Suburban Development Corp. (PSDC), said upon announcing his grand plans for the Aire, a three-building, 750,000-square-foot “healthy” office complex in Chester County. The complex will be a rebuild of the property PSDC bought from Liberty Property Trust last year for $10.2 million.

Although construction has not begun, the Aire, to be located in Malvern near two major thoroughfares — the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Route 202 — could be ready for tenants by the end of 2022.

Construction has not yet begun at the Aire, Nicoletti said. The buildings will be at 13 Atwater Dr., 15 Atwater Dr., and 6 Great Valley Parkway. He declined to provide a cost for the project.
Read/view more here:
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20210226.html

Old Posted Mar 1, 2021, 1:51 PM

Wilmington - Downtown, 517 N Shipley Street

While BPG has not publicly made a comment on social media or by way of the media, there are fences up (with BPG logo) and streets blocked off, and digging has started at the exact location of the "Crosby Hill" site that BPG has on their website. The tower appears to be an 11-story apartment building. I will keep an eye on it, this would be the tallest new development in Wilmington since 2007 (if built as the rendering shows).

https://www.bpgroup.net/state/delaware/

Old Posted Mar 1, 2021, 4:49 PM

^^That would be superb. Hope it happens. Also, let's hope they add one more floor to get it to 12 floors. That way, it would classify as a "highrise" on these forums and we can open a highrise proposal thread up for this project.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2021, 8:42 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

God damn it Jawn you beat me to it.

This is big news you guys all know what this means right?

More development so much that we may have to make a separate thread.

Congratulations everyone.

We have made it.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 12:35 AM

Quote:
^^That would be superb. Hope it happens. Also, let's hope they add one more floor to get it to 12 floors. That way, it would classify as a "highrise" on these forums and we can open a highrise proposal thread up for this project.
So does a building have to be a certain height or is it just number of floors to be able to get a thread for it?

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
So does a building have to be a certain height or is it just number of floors to be able to get a thread for it?
12 floors. Not sure why but that’s what it is for this site.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
Yeah, 12 floors is the minimum to classify as a high rise and warrant it’s own thread on this forum.

However, we would probably make exceptions. For instance, Philadelphia’s City Hall is 9 floors but 548 feet tall. That would warrant its own thread. Of course, nothing like this will probably every be built again, but just an example.

If something were say, 10 floors but 250 feet tall for some reason, we’d probably allow it.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
While BPG has not publicly made a comment on social media or by way of the media, there are fences up (with BPG logo) and streets blocked off, and digging has started at the exact location of the "Crosby Hill" site that BPG has on their website. The tower appears to be an 11-story apartment building. I will keep an eye on it, this would be the tallest new development in Wilmington since 2007 (if built as the rendering shows).

https://www.bpgroup.net/state/delaware/
That would be awesome. I've been longing for the day to talk about another "high rise" in Wilmington. Hopefully we can see some more taller development in the future.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
12 floors. Not sure why but that’s what it is for this site.
Quote:
Yeah, 12 floors is the minimum to classify as a high rise and warrant it’s own thread on this forum.

However, we would probably make exceptions. For instance, Philadelphia’s City Hall is 9 floors but 548 feet tall. That would warrant its own thread. Of course, nothing like this will probably every be built again, but just an example.

If something were say, 10 floors but 250 feet tall for some reason, we’d probably allow it.
Thank you for the explanations.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 5:21 PM

California company, DNA Motoring, leases 300,700-square-foot spec warehouse in South Jersey

Quote:
The warehouse is under development at 839 Railroad Ave. in Florence, New Jersey, in Burlington County. The developer is expected to complete the building by summer.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...use-in-sj.html

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 8:11 PM

Quote:

Sort of, traffic is already a nightmare between 76 / St. Joe's.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 1:12 PM

Quote:

I agree that city Avenue could handle density, however I feel like there is going to be tension between the needs of residents that will live in these new walkable developments and the auto-centric suburban neighborhoods that surround them and use the stores on City Ave for shopping.

I'd also like to point out that there is a bunch of multifamily development happening on Bala Avenue. Kind of unfortunate as I wouldn't be surprised if SEPTA mothballs the Cynwyd line at some point in the future.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
I'd also like to point out that there is a bunch of multifamily development happening on Bala Avenue. Kind of unfortunate as I wouldn't be surprised if SEPTA mothballs the Cynwyd line at some point in the future.
That would be a bad move, but I wouldn't be surprised either. The city's plan has it converted to a trolley branch off route 10 since it would be cheaper to operate, if not part of the future rapid transit plan for regional rail.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations