HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 12:08 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-district.html

Article about vacancy rate west of City Hall and lack of office workers. Also gets into landlords complaining about crime and lack of leadership.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 12:40 PM

^^^As someone who likes to beat a dead horse, I’m ready to move on from this. We already discussed The Inky article and recent CCD report. Both weren’t particularity surprising. Retail on Walnut is doing fairly well, but it’s not so great on Market for obvious reasons. Most people are unhappy with the current administration. The market has baked all of this in for awhile now. It is what it is until we get new leadership in the city.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
^^^As someone who likes to beat a dead horse, I’m ready to move on from this. We already discussed The Inky article and recent CCD report. Both weren’t particularity surprising. Retail on Walnut is doing fairly well, but it’s not so great on Market for obvious reasons. Most people are unhappy with the current administration. The market has baked all of this in for awhile now. It is what it is until we get new leadership in the city.
I just posted the article which was new in the PBJ. Didn't realize that was a cardinal offense. I didnt even offer any commentary.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
I just posted the article which was new in the PBJ. Didn't realize that was a cardinal offense. I didnt even offer any commentary.
Apologies, no offense intended. It wasn’t meant to be a criticism. Barring a dramatic development either way, I’m ready to move on from the crime issue on here. It just leads us down the same old rabbit hole. If anything, it would have been nice if business leaders started ringing the alarm bells a year ago.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 8:34 PM

Quote:
You're not the only one! I hate working from home as well.
Chiming in with everyone else to say I also hate working from home. I get so stir crazy, even when I make an effort to get out of the house in the morning, during lunch, or at night. Humans were not meant to live like this.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
Chiming in with everyone else to say I also hate working from home. I get so stir crazy, even when I make an effort to get out of the house in the morning, during lunch, or at night. Humans were not meant to live like this.
I love working from home. I do it all but Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My commute is from Old City to Conshy. It sucks.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
I love working from home. I do it all but Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My commute is from Old City to Conshy. It sucks.
Do you take the train or drive?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 11:40 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 12:00 AM

TonyTone what kind of camera is on that drone? You just got a DSLR or something duct taped to the thing? haha

Love all the stuff you post on here, thank you!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 12:07 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by badthingshappen View Post
TonyTone what kind of camera is on that drone? You just got a DSLR or something duct taped to the thing? haha

Love all the stuff you post on here, thank you!
Thanks Man

Its a DJI Air Mavic 2

1/2-Inch Image Sensor
4K/60fps Video
48MP Photo
8K Hyperlapse

Its that work and pretty well priced for a solid Drone.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 12:37 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Those are amazing drone shots! Almost amazing as those terraces on ArtHaus. Dayum!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 1:00 AM

Tony - great stuff!!!!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 12:38 PM
Chris

Amazing photos in all the threads! I could spend hours studying them all. And love the views of Drexel's campus, I can see what has changed from my time there.

One thing I noticed (I have to be that guy), how sad the tree canopy is along Broad Street. Notably photo #7 looking North, there are no trees! And photo #8 with Symphony House, they are so spotty. It should be a lush canopy from Temple to Washington Avenue.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Do you take the train or drive?
I've been driving since the beginning of the pandemic. But I'm about to start up with the train again.

That drive is the worst commute in America.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
I've been driving since the beginning of the pandemic. But I'm about to start up with the train again.

That drive is the worst commute in America.
I was gonna say… absolutely 0 chance the train is slower than driving. That commute is awful no matter how you drive.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 6:01 PM

Developers closing in on two Walnut Street properties in Center City

“Two Walnut Street properties that are essentially next door to each other on the western edge of Center City are tied up by active builders of multifamily projects.

Dranoff Properties has put under agreement 2201 Walnut St., which is currently a Sunoco gas station, and Trammell Crow Co. has 2301 Walnut St., which is a single-story building occupied by Rite Aid, in its crosshairs, according to multiple sources.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...roperties.html

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Two Walnut Street properties that are essentially next door to each other on the western edge of Center City are tied up by active builders of multifamily projects.

Dranoff Properties has put under agreement 2201 Walnut St., which is currently a Sunoco gas station, and Trammell Crow Co. has 2301 Walnut St., which is a single-story building occupied by Rite Aid, in its crosshairs, according to multiple sources.

That developers have zeroed in on the two parcels highlights how otherwise underutilized properties are being snapped up for new multifamily buildings and other projects. While surface parking lots have been the most common sites developed, single-story buildings such as the former Wendy’s at 11th and Walnut streets, and parking garages such as one that had been at 12th and Sansom streets, have also been purchased by developers.

The two Walnut Street properties also continue a westward shift of development activity in Center City that began a decade ago, steadily closing the gap between the business district and Rittenhouse Square and University City across the Schuylkill River.

The Rite Aid pharmacy at 2301 Walnut closed its doors at the end of July. The property has been owned by an entity affiliated with Patriot Parking Inc. since 1995, according to Philadelphia property records. The site totals 20,245 square feet, which is roughly a half acre. The parcel is zoned CMX-4, which allows for dense mixed-use development.

Trammell Crow Co. has the property locked up, according to various sources. Andrew Mele, managing director with the development company, declined to comment specifically on 2301 Walnut.

Trammell Crow is among the most active developers across the country. In the Philadelphia region it has focused on building industrial and multifamily properties and has a renewed push to do more apartment projects.

“We’re taking a very hard look at properties in Philadelphia,” Mele said. “We delivered Matson Mill in Conshohocken and we’re building on that success.”

A representative from Patriot Parking didn’t respond to a request for comment.

The gas station and convenience store at 2201 Walnut totals 25,184 square feet and is owned by an entity affiliated with 7-Eleven. It is zoned CMX-4. The site is in proximity to other Dranoff Properties developments including One Riverside. A representative from Dranoff Properties couldn’t be reached for comment.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 6:23 PM

First want to pile on with everyone else and thank TonyTone for the awesome photo posts. I love the different perspective the drone gives!

Second; Whhhhaaaaa????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post

“Two Walnut Street properties that are essentially next door to each other on the western edge of Center City are tied up by active builders of multifamily projects.

!!!***----->Dranoff Properties has put under agreement 2201 Walnut St., which is currently a Sunoco gas station<----***!!!, and Trammell Crow Co. has 2301 Walnut St., which is a single-story building occupied by Rite Aid, in its crosshairs, according to multiple sources.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...roperties.html

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 6:29 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Dang! Off to the races we go. Glad Dranoff got in on the action. Hopefully, he will continue with the design success that he had with Arthaus for this location. Hoping for a 400+ footer here if not more.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 6:56 PM

Awesome! So glad to hear. Both of these need to be developed with highrises in the worst way. We already heard about the Rite Aid lot but I had NO CLUE Dranoff was going after the Sunoco lot. What a pleasant surprise. I literally just said I don't expect anything here within the next 5-10 years LOL.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations