HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 4:56 PM

FWIW, the addition was built in 1934. Seeing as it is a 4-story inferior version of the original, I think replacing it, along with the anti-urban auto courtyard, with a 36-story resi and and activated street-level would be a win.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 5:03 PM

"3 Liberty Place" concepts by Thomas Koloski by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

"3 Liberty Place" concepts by Thomas Koloski by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

My conceptual design for "3 Liberty Place". It mixes the final designs of the towers, along with using Helmut Jahn's sketches when he was creating One Liberty and tweaking Two Liberty. I like the crown on this, and the spire on this design is One Liberty's original stubby spire. The site selected is the block to the south on the west side, which would require demolishing historical structures (ouch). But it's just a concept!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Wack. At least the church and 640 N Broad remain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Me too. It says the SW part of the property is where the new construction will be sited. I'm assuming it's that mid-century annex located at 15th and Mt. Vernon that will be demo'd.
Mcgrath618, I'm like you. When I looked at that site on Google Maps & panned around, I surmised that's the only "low-rise non-historic building" Blumenfeld could be referring to.

Although there's other businesses that's located in that complex, it would make more sense to put a tower of that height and massing on that block. Allow the option for those businesses to either relocate or to be incorporated into the new tower, if there's a commercial included.

That's probably what Blumenfeld should've made clear in that he wants to keep the Lofts (renovating that and possibly the annex, which is 4/5 stories, at 15th & Mt Vernon) and the church intact on that block BUT across the Mt Vernon, he wants to build a tower

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 5:26 PM

^ Nothing at all to indicate this is across the street. That is not 640.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
^ Nothing at all to indicate this is across the street. That is not 640.
I know. That is what's confusing us. I apologize if I didn't make myself clear. If Eric Blumenfeld has plans to redevelop the properties the blocks bounded by Broad, 15th, Green and Wallace (with the exception of the 7 story renovated factory-turn-apartments on the SE corner of 15th/Mt. Vernon), he should've been more accurate and detailed in his presentation and noted that all of the properties involved have different addresses.

Last edited by kool-ski; Sep 30, 2022 at 8:53 PM. Reason: I needed to correct some inaccurate information

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations