HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 10:08 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Pandemic sets back Goldenberg's $150M South Broad project

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...t-project.html
Goldenberg loves to sit on properties. Even if this project broke ground tomorrow, its still 2+ years from completion, not sure why they're so hesitant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
I'll be very impressed if Republic can pull that building off. Looks good and would be very prominent at that height from this location. Will have great views. Republic has a solid track record so now that they've closed on a ground lease, I feel pretty good about this happening. The Business Journal article quotes them saying they expect to break ground before the end of the year.
Yes, they are big in DC area. And I have inside confirmation from a high-up person at Republic, they are 100% committed to this project. The updated rendering is also awesome.

Also glad they see potential in the Philadelphia market, hope it continues.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 5:30 PM

CHOP brings in new real estate chief to oversee $3.4B building boom

Who can read this? Article behind paywall. Can see a rendering for a new 23-story patient tower though at the corner of Civic Center Boulevard and Osler Circle in University City. All I can see is the rendering and this "A $1.9 billion patient tower and new hospital are among the projects in the works."

Article:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...al-estate.html

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
CHOP brings in new real estate chief to oversee $3.4B building boom

Who can read this? Article behind paywall. Can see a rendering for a new 23-story patient tower though at the corner of Civic Center Boulevard and Osler Circle in University City. All I can see is the rendering and this "A $1.9 billion patient tower and new hospital are among the projects in the works."

Article:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...al-estate.html

Quote:
Among the biggest endeavors Moore is overseeing at CHOP is a new 22-story, 300-bed patient tower that is under design and expected to be completed by 2027.

Two other significant projects CHOP is working on are a $600 million, 470,000-square-foot Schuylkill Avenue research building and the Hub for Clinical Collaboration, a 19-story building scheduled to open mid-2022. The Schuylkill Avenue project will help CHOP add research capacity within its campus — a goal it set out in the master plan — and is expected to be completed in 2024.

The Hub is well underway and will allow the hospital to decamp some spaces at other buildings on its campus and shuffle some employees and departments so that it can demolish the Wood building, which is where the new patient tower will rise.

CHOP is also building a 175,000-square-foot facility at 63rd and Market streets that will serve as a centralized supply chain and logistics management site for materials, products, food and other items used throughout CHOP’s campus.

Last edited by TempleGuy1000; Feb 25, 2021 at 6:07 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 5:51 PM

^^Thanks for sharing!

The plan was always to put a building there as well... and of course, eventually, 2 more towers to the south where the surface parking lot currently is.

All in all though, this is great! At least 2 new towers from CHOP. One on Schuylkill Ave that looks to be somewhere between 12 and 15 floors, an a new patient tower in uCity that looks to be 22-23 floors. Great news!

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 6:39 PM

Very exciting! And if you are handicapping the chances of proposals moving to reality, the odds have historically been much stronger for these hospitals. These proposals are highly likely to happen.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 7:06 PM

I guess I never appreciated that the parking garage is the base for the second tower. That is where this is sited, correct?

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 7:26 PM

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I guess I never appreciated that the parking garage is the base for the second tower. That is where this is sited, correct?

Correct

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 7:36 PM

Projects with highest likelihood of moving from renderings to reality: hospital towers, Southern Land projects, and PMC.

Projects with the lowest likelihood of moving from renderings to reality: railyard overbuilds, rooftop villages, and anything under the banner "Schuylkill Yards"

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Let me ask what might be a dumb question, re "Designed to be one of the world's most advanced cell and gene therapy research, development, and fully engineered cGMP production centers", what would make this building particular to this desired use? I assume any bio lab has to have certain HVAC requirements and floors strong enough to support 'lab equipment' but is there anything special about gene research that needs something special in its design. I'll get on my height horse on this one----I wish it were another 5 or 6 floors taller, but overall it looks like a plus.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 8:02 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
different lines for lab gases/hookups, wet or dry lab needs, positive pressure rooms, special hoods to filter out chemicals, fumes, different power needs,etc. not all-inclusive list but these would be fairly common.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 8:39 PM

Floors 2-4 are also for production, not research, which will have more specific needs than research. I'm not sure, but could be why they went for the SEPTA parcel that's zoned for industrial.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 3:06 AM
Chris

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 8:20 PM

Check out the new Navy Yard Master Plan

It's, pardon my language... pretty fucking incredible. If they pull this off, The Navy Yard will be one of the easily hottest parts of the city. Will definitely need a Broad Street Line expansion for this. The "Historic Core" and the "Mustin South District" in particular look incredibly awesome. Even some 12 to 15-story highrises thrown in there.

Let's hope they can pull this off! I'm hoping this happens, as well as a developed "Stadium District" with housing, hotels, office space, shops, retail, museums and more... and a redeveloped FDR Park... would be pretty incredible.

PDF for new Master Plan:
https://www.pidcphila.com/images/upl...ting_Final.pdf

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 9:02 PM
クラブトクヨ

Looks great! I want to visit Philadelphia sometime and have a real philly sand which!

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
looks great! I want to visit philadelphia sometime and have a real philly sand which!
ありがと! 東京わおもしろいですよ!

私わ少し日本語がわかります。私は学んでいます。

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 12:43 PM

Look great! I am disappointed they do not even mention an BSL extension in the master plan.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Look great! I am disappointed they do not even mention an BSL extension in the master plan.
it's not the final master plan. it is the beginning of ensemble's vision for the navy yard, but this document is their solicitation for proposals from architects and urban designers to develop their vision. I know, I was on the team for one of the submissions. trust me, the BSL expansion will be in a final detailed master plan.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 8:29 PM

I believe the BSL extension was mentioned in the most recent SEPTA vision as a priority, so that's something!

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 11:21 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
it's not the final master plan. it is the beginning of ensemble's vision for the navy yard, but this document is their solicitation for proposals from architects and urban designers to develop their vision. I know, I was on the team for one of the submissions. trust me, the BSL expansion will be in a final detailed master plan.
I thought that looked a little lean in page count for a master plan. The 2013 update is still linked from the Navy Yard's website and is a good read: https://www.pidcphila.com/images/upl..._Update_lo.pdf

Do you know whether Stern's firm is still involved in plan updates?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations