HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 6:45 PM

no insurance and no security? sounds like they are learning the hard way what it's like to own property in nola

doesn't give me high hopes for them as operators of this either.

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 11:59 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperpaz View Post
no insurance and no security? sounds like they are learning the hard way what it's like to own property in nola

doesn't give me high hopes for them as operators of this either.
Very true! Still wish them luck thought if this ever actually gets built I am still on the fence about. Hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Very true! Still wish them luck thought if this ever actually gets built I am still on the fence about. Hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Looks like they may have found the stolen beams at a recycling center.

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 1:53 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Looks like they may have found the stolen beams at a recycling center.
Great to hear!

Old Posted May 25, 2023, 4:26 PM
-

Saw steel bars on a truck being delivered there today.

Old Posted May 25, 2023, 6:48 PM

More netting going up on the Plaza Tower, but the real update on here is that Jaeger says he got 6 offers and has whittled them down to 3 considered "qualified." Pleasantly surprised to hear he's already got a short list, so let's hope this actually moves forward and becomes a deal.

https://www.nola.com/news/netting-go...81557dabf.html

Old Posted May 25, 2023, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
More netting going up on the Plaza Tower, but the real update on here is that Jaeger says he got 6 offers and has whittled them down to 3 considered "qualified." Pleasantly surprised to hear he's already got a short list, so let's hope this actually moves forward and becomes a deal.

https://www.nola.com/news/netting-go...81557dabf.html
Good. Get that thing out of his hands asap.

I hope the South Market District team is one of the groups. Would be a homerun for them to get that nice plot of land.

Old Posted May 25, 2023, 8:27 PM

It was good to hear that he had an engineering firm check the building's structural integrity. That will make its sale a little easier.

Old Posted May 25, 2023, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
Good. Get that thing out of his hands asap.

I hope the South Market District team is one of the groups. Would be a homerun for them to get that nice plot of land.
Agreed… you know, I wasn’t opposed to the city demolishing it. But if they get Jaeger to relinquish it - then it’ll be a big win for the city. I’m pulling for either The South Market developers , Tulane or the Biodistrict to get their hands on it.

Old Posted May 26, 2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Agreed… you know, I wasn’t opposed to the city demolishing it. But if they get Jaeger to relinquish it - then it’ll be a big win for the city. I’m pulling for either The South Market developers , Tulane or the Biodistrict to get their hands on it.
Tulane would do an amazing job with that site as well. And I'm not saying that because I'm a Tulane alumnus.

Old Posted May 27, 2023, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
Tulane would do an amazing job with that site as well. And I'm not saying that because I'm a Tulane alumnus.
Seems like all of Tulane's investments downtown are going to be in the footprint of their current campus by Charity for the foreseeable future, so I doubt they're looking at this site at all. South Market would be the best in my opinion (coincidentally also Tulane alums), but I worry that ship may have sailed. Still, they had plans to develop the empty lot directly across the street from Plaza, so it would be perfect for them.

Old Posted May 27, 2023, 2:42 PM

Uh please New Orleans.. for once get out of your own way. 🤦♂️ https://www.nola.com/news/business/s...57b35.amp.html

Old Posted May 27, 2023, 3:22 PM
-

Quote:
Uh please New Orleans.. for once get out of your own way. 🤦♂️ https://www.nola.com/news/business/s...57b35.amp.html
I mean the proposal shoudl have realistic stuff in it I agree, but why not just sign something with them. It literally cant be any worse than it is now.

Old Posted May 27, 2023, 3:25 PM
-

106-116 Wren St (Ref. Code: 1EDWAB)
New Construction Permit
Description
PHASE 2- New Construction Townhouse Development. 6 units in this phase for addresses 106-116 Wren Street. ( Phase I is RE 19-03458-NEWC).

Stormwater plans for this project were initially reviewed and approved under Permit #19-03458-NEWC for Phase 1 and released subject to the condition that all improvements required were to be completed prior to C of O for any of the residential units. Consequently Permit 19-11600 was never approved or issued. The applicant has now requested that a portion of the units [Phase 1] be released prior to completion of the rest [Phase 2]. Due to the nature of the stormwater improvements, it is not feasible to complete everything before the associated buildings are done. Therefore, these 2 permits need to be separated in a manner which allows the Phase 1 units to be 100% compliant on their own. Improvements that depend upon the completion of the Phase 2 buildings and associated exterior features may then be legitimately deferred to the time of such completion.

djsnola
438 Canal St (Ref. Code: J1SFQ5)
Renovation (Non-Structural) Permit
Description
Renovation of an existing tenant space. New exterior doors and cladding.

344 Camp St (Ref. Code: 7UGW7V)
HDLC Certificate of Appropriateness
Description
Exterior façade, stucco, and window lintel repairs at 1st to 3rd floors of existing Contributing rated multi-story commercial building

1728 Saint Charles Ave (Ref. Code: ZW6P2C)
Renovation (Structural) Permit
Description
Interior Renovation of Historic BLDG old praline shop into brewery with bar component.

33 McAlister Dr (Ref. Code: MXXVES)
Demolition Permit
Description
Demolition of existing residential dormitory hall on Tulane University campus.

Phelps Hall Demolition

4630 D'hemecourt St (Ref. Code: HG1BR5)
Demolition Permit
Description
Removing this billboard structure order to rebuild a back-to-back monopole billboard

djsnola
2400 Wall Aly (Ref. Code: LT0Q33)
Demolition Permit
Description
Demolition of an existing residential dormitory on Tulane University Campus for future use in conformance with Tulane Institutional Master Plan.

Paterson Hall Demolition

4650 D'hemecourt St (Ref. Code: GK3YY5)
Demolition Permit
Description
Removing this billboard structure on this property in order to rebuild a back-to-back monopole billboard

djsnola
27 McAlister Dr (Ref. Code: XDWDLQ)
Demolition Permit
Description
Demolition of existing residential dormitory on Tulane University Campus.

Irby Hall Demolition

1751 Gentilly Blvd 14 [Stable] (Ref. Code: 8UHLGH)
New Construction Permit
Description
Fair Grounds is proposing to construct a new Barn 14 with a connected dormitory to replace a barn lost during Hurricane Ida. The new barn will be generally identical to the barn it is replacing. All work to be done as per plans.

djsnola
2508 Dryades St, 1830-1834 (2508 Dryades St, 1830-1834 Second St.) (Ref. Code: LLFUST)
NPP Meeting
Description
BZA variance to permit a six- or seven-unit multi-family dwelling on each of the subject properties with insufficient lot area,insufficient lot permeability, and insufficient off-street parking in an HU-RM1 zoning district.

233 Decatur St, APT 1 & APT 2 (Ref. Code: 7GK145)
VCC Architectural Review Committee
Description
INTERIOR BUILDOUT OF 2 EXISTING WHITE BOX APARTMENTS LOCATED ON THE 2ND & 3RD FLOOR OF 233 DECATUR ST. NO EXTERIOR WORK

518 Gravier St (Ref. Code: N1YA3Q)
CBD HDLC
Description
Renovation of four (4) existing Contributing rated three-story, mixed-use buildings for conversion to hotel use including change of exterior doors and window openings, installation of new dormers and reconstruction of previously existing balcony.

Old Posted May 31, 2023, 2:53 PM

https://www.nola.com/news/jefferson_...rce=featured-2

A New York-based real estate behemoth is investing millions in new retail, office space in Metairie

A New York-based property developer that controls some of the most valuable commercial real estate in the New Orleans area is placing another bet on the Metairie real estate market.

The Feil Organization, which owns the Lakeside Shopping Center and nine Metairie office towers, is planning to build a 12,000-square-foot strip mall at the corner of North Causeway Boulevard and Melvil Dewey Drive.

The new development, though relatively small, is significant because company officials are planning to go ahead as soon as they secure an anchor tenant, meaning the firm is taking the risk that the market is strong enough to fill the remainder of the retail spaces....

Old Posted May 31, 2023, 4:49 PM

^^^^ GOOD. Build it.

Old Posted May 31, 2023, 7:13 PM
-

420 Julia St Project

Caesars Hotel

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 12:43 PM
-

New River District Renderings

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 1:01 PM

https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...e=featured-top

Trader Joe's coming to Tulane Avenue

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 1:06 PM

Wow those renderings look spectacular. When does construction begin? I also hope they include at least one or two office buildings- just so it won’t be just apartments and condos.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations