HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 2:41 PM
Community Guy

^Stamps-Lions will be a fun game to watch given the recent animosity.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 2:44 PM

Haha yes, that will be a heated matchup for sure. Cam Judge will be sitting this one out after his altercation with Lucky Whitehead

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 3:58 PM

Only caught a few snippets of last night's games but the RBs are pretty much a trainwreck at this point. The Argos utterly dismantled them. I love LaPo but at this point I don't think there is any reason to prolong the misery, time for Ottawa to move on from him. Ottawa reminds me of Vegas in the NHL, the plucky upstart expansion team that lit it up early on, and then somehow fell apart and entered a long run of mediocrity.

The Lions looked pretty weak against Calgary. Without Rourke they have gone from being fierce jungle cats to cute widdle kitties. That late Peyton Logan touchdown for the Stamps was a thing of beauty if you haven't seen it. https://twitter.com/CFL/status/1573897778249465856

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 4:16 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Stamps D-line was outstanding last night.
I’m glad there weren't any fireworks after hat happened after last weeks game.

Strange decision by Dickenson in the 4th I thought:
Up by 2 scores, under 4 minutes to go and BC had just turned the ball over on downs I believe. He puts in the 3rd string QB (Stevens) who proceeds to throw an incompletion and stop the clock. Next play Maier throws a pick but we get bailed-out by a borderline roughing the passer call. I just thought it was a risky sequence at that point in the game when your just trying to eat clock.
BYW - I love Stevens in his short yardage role. He is our Sreveler or Taysom Hill.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 5:09 PM

3downnation reporting Stampeders have resigned Jake Maier to a 2 year contract extension likely paving the way for Bo Levi to be cut this winter. I would think Sask and Edmonton would be the front runners to go hard after Bo in the off-season.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 5:51 PM

Wow, the end of the Bo Levi era in Calgary. He might be a decent transitional QB for Edmonton, he can buy them a year or two to find a more lasting fix. He could wind up in the east too, Ottawa could be a good landing pad for him.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2022, 9:15 PM

William Stanback close to rejoing Alouettes roster. With him back come playoff time Montreal would be my pick to come out of the east for Grey Cup.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2022, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
William Stanback close to rejoing Alouettes roster. With him back come playoff time Montreal would be my pick to come out of the east for Grey Cup.
Toronto and even Hamilton are starting to pull it together in the east, though. Stanback gives Montreal an edge but I wouldn't say it would be enough to make them the clear-cut favourites...

Old Posted Sep 28, 2022, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Toronto and even Hamilton are starting to pull it together in the east, though. Stanback gives Montreal an edge but I wouldn't say it would be enough to make them the clear-cut favourites...
Hamilton is out as Saskatchewan will get crossover. Toronto wins have come off some really bad Ottawa and Hamilton teams i am not convinced they are that good especially since Harris got injured.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2022, 9:40 PM
arf

2-1 last week for 39-22 overall.

Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg: Winnipeg looked terrible last game, but are they Saskatchewan terrible? I don't think so.
Ottawa @ BC: BC
Montreal @ Edmonton: this is interesting. Montreal's D might win this one.
Toronto @ Calgary: expect Calgary to come out with a shot still at a home playoff game

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 12:10 AM

BC lost its top receiver Burnham again now too so not sure how things are gonna go.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 2:10 PM

2-1 last week to go 41-20 on the season. At this point I'm just trying to maintain that 2:1 ration

On tap for this week:

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Bombers are sliding a bit, I guess other teams are figuring them out? I expect a closer game than the Banjo Bowl but the Bombers will still win. Winnipeg.

Ottawa @ BC - The basketcase vs the freefaller. BC.

Montreal @ Edmonton - Another inglorious matchup. The Elks finally win one at home for the first time since Ralph Klein was premier. Edmonton.

Toronto @ Calgary - Both of these teams are pretty hot. I expect the Argos to put up a fight but the Stamps will come out on top at home. Calgary.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 3:19 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
2-1 last week to go 41-20 on the season. At this point I'm just trying to maintain that 2:1 ration
Yeah, if I go 2:1 for the rest of this I will be surprised because it is a lot of serious random guessing now. Not that it wasn't before, but at least Winnipeg and Edmonton were sure picks for W/L.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 5:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
BC lost its top receiver Burnham again now too so not sure how things are gonna go.
When is Rourke back?

RedBlacks next, then Argos game for the Lions.
If Rourke is back before they play Bombers next they should give them a run for their money.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 11:01 PM

Bombers Facebook page reports just 350 tickets remain for banjo bowl 2.0 this week ! Let's go big blue

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 9:34 PM

Bombers game tommorow officially sold out. This likely means Winnipeg will be the highest drawing CFL team for the first time in its history.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 9:35 PM

I have a bad feeling about this game. Bombers still have a lot of injuries on defense with some inadequate replacements that are either too green or simply not good enough (ie. Gauthier at WIL linebacker). I can see mediocre Fajardo and the Rider offense racking up the yards against a Bomber defense missing some playmakers.

Can the Bombers limit some of those drives to field goals? They sure didn't 2 weeks ago against the Ticats. And can the Bomber offense respond with some lengthy drives that consistently end with points on the board as they did 3 weeks ago in the Banjo Bowl? It won't be as easy as the Riders won't be experiencing the stomach flu/food poisoning this go-around.

One thing that is guaranteed is a packed house at IG Field!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 1:45 AM

Stupid me I thought game was tommrow its right now and man Riders are trash they definitely need new coach and qb next year.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 4:03 PM

BC 34 Ottawa 19

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustForTheHalibut View Post
When is Rourke back?

RedBlacks next, then Argos game for the Lions.
If Rourke is back before they play Bombers next they should give them a run for their money.
Not sure if he will come back.
If so it would be for the playoffs which would be amazing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada