HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 10:37 PM

God WPW is a handsome devil. Already overshadowed by 150 and 444, going to be totally lost in the thick of it all once it's breathern at WP go up. Let's enjoy the views now before it goes away.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2017, 2:39 PM

Kennedys seek buyer for Wolf Point apartment tower from Crain's

Quote:
The developers are selling the building mainly to focus on their next project on the site, a 66-story, $360-million tower called Wolf Point East, said Greg Van Schaack, senior managing director in the Chicago office of Houston-based Hines. They've almost lined up their construction financing for that high-rise, which will have 707 apartments, and plan to break ground in May, he said.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2017, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw777 View Post
Helllllllll Yeahhhh!!!! please tell me this isn't an early april fools joke.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2017, 4:14 PM

It'll be interesting to see if the Kennedy's hold on to the land beneath the tower.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2017, 4:25 PM
BANNED

Yassssssss

Old Posted Mar 8, 2017, 5:06 PM

If they are going to cram all these units into that area are they planning to upgrade the road (Mart Center Dr) there? I was over there not long ago and that road is a clusterfuck. It is not wide enough to support 1 or 2 more towers in my opinion. It is jammed up now with cabs waiting and or picking up people. Hard to make the U turn to get to that garage there too.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 View Post
If they are going to cram all these units into that area are they planning to upgrade the road (Mart Center Dr) there? I was over there not long ago and that road is a clusterfuck. It is not wide enough to support 1 or 2 more towers in my opinion. It is jammed up now with cabs waiting and or picking up people. Hard to make the U turn to get to that garage there too.
Upgrade it how? It really can't be widened.

It's going to have to support what's been approved.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 2:53 AM
BANNED

Quote:
take the subway or move to the burbs. lazy.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
Upgrade it how? It really can't be widened.

It's going to have to support what's been approved.
Not sure, is there garage access from underneath there? I didn't see any when i parked there. If that is where people living there are going to park I would have started with that. New rules fro the cabs there....maybe they cant Q up on that section. All i am saying is it was really bad with just what is there now. I guess it is good they don't have much parking there for the units...cause it will really be congested. Oh well...not much they can do now.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Not sure, is there garage access from underneath there? I didn't see any when i parked there. If that is where people living there are going to park I would have started with that. New rules fro the cabs there....maybe they cant Q up on that section. All i am saying is it was really bad with just what is there now. I guess it is good they don't have much parking there for the units...cause it will really be congested. Oh well...not much they can do now.
There's a hotel there, so having a cab queue there is somewhat needed. It is what it is.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 5:13 PM

Quote:
There is the possibility of lower level access.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
^I think there were shooting a Red Bull commercial.
Cubs players hitting balls out into the river - quite a crowd for a cold and windy day. (April 11)

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 1:52 PM
BANNED

Great pics Harry! That was Kris Bryant taking BP for a RedBull event. Pretty cool backdrop.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Great pics Harry! That was Kris Bryant taking BP for a RedBull event. Pretty cool backdrop.
Not a bad free endorsement for those new office towers either. Not that the really need it.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 6:03 PM
Meh

So what's the current design on this one? Are they still going with this design?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 6:08 PM
DENNAB

If I'm not mistaken that looks like a new one, and I love it!

Looks to be about 1000 or so to the roof.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:19 PM

That is not a new design. That rendering was revealed last year and represents the final design for the East tower (the one on the right) that is moving forward, but not necessarily the final design for the South tower. The height and programming of the South tower have not yet been determined.

A super tall is not impossible but it has never been the intention of the developers to build one here. We reached that conclusion based on enthusiatic speculation.

I SPECULATE that we end up with something in the low to mid 800' range.

Last edited by The Lurker; Apr 15, 2017 at 7:36 AM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 2:46 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post
That is not a new design. That rendering was revealed last year and represents the final design for the East tower (the one on the right) that is moving forward, but not necessarily the final design for the South tower. The height and programming of the South tower have not yet been determined.

A super tall is not impossible but it has never been the intention of the developers to build one here. We reached that conclusion based on enthusiatic speculation.

Which would be a shame. I've said it before that Wolf Point would be an incredible stage to show off a supertall. And there's a historical factor there too.. with it being one of the oldest European building sites in the city.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 6:34 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post

True, but the renderings have constantly shown a 950-1000 foot building. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 8:56 PM
DENNAB

Nice angle... but why is the main tower missing in those?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive