HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBar View Post
August 22, 2019: "$87M Construction Loan Closed on Westin Tempe"

https://www.connect.media/87m-constr...-westin-tempe/

This should further speed up the construction.
That's some real confidence to finance all the demo, excavation and base work with equity/cash W/O a secured loan. Ready for this to rise!

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
[*]Also, from the freeway it looked like they were clearing dirt for another phase of Watermark behind the apartments. Can't remember off the top of my head but I think that area was planned for either a hotel or more apartments.

Good stuff, thanks for the updates. From what I last read....after the first phase at Watermark is completed the parcel behind the apartment was going to be sold in order for a hotel to be built. Hopefully it gets built sooner than later.
From my understanding the next phase includes an expansion of the existing parking garage with a hotel on top of it and a tower that is either going to be apartments or condos and a taller office tower on the lake side.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 6:58 PM

Whole Foods Ash & University

Anybody been by there to find out when they are opening? Last I heard it was suppose to be August is that still a possibility?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
Anybody been by there to find out when they are opening? Last I heard it was suppose to be August is that still a possibility?
Don't think so. When I've walked by recently there it still a long way to go.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 8:47 PM

Update from last nights DRC meeting.

Tempe Metro retail reduction request was denied.
First and Farmer office was recommended approval
Hilo Tempe recommended approval
6 Story office at 999 Playa recommended approval
General Plan amendment recommended approval

Also, Building Permit issued for Farmer arts district apartments

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 8:51 PM

Aspen Heights mixed use apartments are back in front of the JRC Sept. 4th. Increase of units from 262 to 318.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
It was suppose to have been April.....now I heard it's October. The signage is up.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Update from last nights DRC meeting.

Tempe Metro retail reduction request was denied.
First and Farmer office was recommended approval
Hilo Tempe recommended approval
6 Story office at 999 Playa recommended approval
General Plan amendment recommended approval

Also, Building Permit issued for Farmer arts district apartments
Nice! Thanks for the update. Did you happen to be there or watch the video? Any more info or insight on why they denied the retail reduction request?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Nice! Thanks for the update. Did you happen to be there or watch the video? Any more info or insight on why they denied the retail reduction request?
I pulled this information from the marked up Agenda.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 4:50 AM

Whole Foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
It was suppose to have been April.....now I heard it's October. The signage is up.
Thanks

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 8:34 PM

Development Update:

I can confirm the Pier is now rising above ground! Fingers crossed this one moves quickly now.

BIG UPDATE: I saw a construction fence go up around Skyview High rise Site. General Contractor is Harrison Downey. Could we be seeing this one get started?!

EDIT: Skyview is on the development projects page under "permit issued/under construction", we speculated earlier that it could be an error but has been that way for a month now. Can anyone track down a permit for the site? I haven't had any luck.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Development Update:

I can confirm the Pier is now rising above ground! Fingers crossed this one moves quickly now.

BIG UPDATE: I saw a construction fence go up around Skyview High rise Site. General Contractor is Harrison Downey. Could we be seeing this one get started?!

EDIT: Skyview is on the development projects page under "permit issued/under construction", we speculated earlier that it could be an error but has been that way for a month now. Can anyone track down a permit for the site? I haven't had any luck.
Wow. HUGE if they are building the tower to Skyview already!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Wow. HUGE if they are building the tower to Skyview already!
Whoa, wait guys...if I understand correctly the permit issued was for the temporary park at the site. That's the whole reason why all those trees are sitting there in their planters plus they created what looked like walking paths already?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 10:41 PM

So I recalled a development plan for Tempe Friendship Village (a senior living facility on the Mesa border) but I don't recall the 5 story rendering that's on the Tempe Development Map as having been issued a permit for construction?? It looks cool though. Also on that same page Aspen Heights seems to be moving forward with construction with a modified rendering...I thought it was going thru the approval process again? (although I didn't think ASU projects needed Tempe's formal approval, more of a courtesy thing?)

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 10:50 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Whoa, wait guys...if I understand correctly the permit issued was for the temporary park at the site. That's the whole reason why all those trees are sitting there in their planters plus they created what looked like walking paths already?
Correct. This is for a temporary park. Permit was issued back in December.

Quote:
Date - 12/10/2018
Project # - BP181913
903 S TERRACE
Title - SKYVIEW
Description - HARDSCAPE & ADA WALKWAYS FOR TEMPORARY PARK
Type - Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing
Status - Issued
Parcel - 13273539
Zone - CSS
Valuation - $55,000.00
Fees - $1,102.53
Owner - 529 TEMPE, LLC

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 11:38 PM

707 S Forest High Rise Mixed use project is now on the development tracker for planning entitlements. Anyone have access to any submitted plans/renderings? I'd love to know what kind of height we're talking.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Someone needs to ask a worker

I will if I'm over that way soon.
I actually spoke with the developer Rob about a month and a half ago. Walked up to him thinking he was an inspector or worker and asked him what the hell was taking so long - don't think he cared for that too much but ended up spending 15 minutes talking to me, very nice guy.

He said there were no problems with financing but the project was massive and he didn't expect it to be completed until 2022-2023. He said they always stated it was a 3-4 year project. He also said he didn't expect to be completed with the parking garage until February of next year.

There were some renderings in the construction trailer that I hadn't seen before and look really cool. Has an Optima feel with large balconies and tons of vegetation.

I know this is the developer's first project in Arizona and probably the first project of this size. Could be the reason for it moving at such a glacial pace. Hopefully it gets done - will be sick if it does.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 5:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutayo View Post
I actually spoke with the developer Rob about a month and a half ago. Walked up to him thinking he was an inspector or worker and asked him what the hell was taking so long - don't think he cared for that too much but ended up spending 15 minutes talking to me, very nice guy.

He said there were no problems with financing but the project was massive and he didn't expect it to be completed until 2022-2023. He said they always stated it was a 3-4 year project. He also said he didn't expect to be completed with the parking garage until February of next year.

There were some renderings in the construction trailer that I hadn't seen before and look really cool. Has an Optima feel with large balconies and tons of vegetation.

I know this is the developer's first project in Arizona and probably the first project of this size. Could be the reason for it moving at such a glacial pace. Hopefully it gets done - will be sick if it does.

Haha! Well done, Sir!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 3:34 PM

^ Nice work!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 5:08 PM

Quote:
So I recalled a development plan for Tempe Friendship Village (a senior living facility on the Mesa border) but I don't recall the 5 story rendering that's on the Tempe Development Map as having been issued a permit for construction?? It looks cool though. Also on that same page Aspen Heights seems to be moving forward with construction with a modified rendering...I thought it was going thru the approval process again? (although I didn't think ASU projects needed Tempe's formal approval, more of a courtesy thing?)
It's going through approval again yes. I believe ASU projects like Aspen Heights with Mixed Use Educational zoning just go through the "Joint Review Committee," and not the DRC or City Council.

Here is the new Aspen Heights packet:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=76487

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest