HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Development starting to finally pick up in Glendale. 2 15-story apartment towers going up near State Farm Stadium...

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...um/8138984001/

Any Renderings? Article is behind a paywall

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Any Renderings? Article is behind a paywall
Nah just the site map I posted

Old Posted Oct 19, 2022, 7:27 PM

$1 Billion West Valley Resort Featuring ‘Party Island’ to Open in 2023

Still mind-boggling that a $1B project is going up in Glendale and West Valley! Should be an awesome resort...

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...na-lagoon.html
Quote:
VAI Global Development, a newly formed entity that’s behind the planned $1 billion resort and lagoon entertainment complex in the Phoenix metro, has unveiled new details about the project that’s now set to open in late 2023.

The 60-acre Glendale resort will include the soon-to-be largest hotel in Arizona with 1,200 rooms, a 360-degree concert stage, a dozen restaurants and a 6-acre lagoon. The Sheraton Downtown Phoenix is currently the largest hotel in the state with more than 1,000 rooms.

Named after the words vitality and Wai, which is known as fresh water in Hawaiian, the resort aims to become a premier international destination featuring day and nightlife entertainment in a “experiential” hospitality setting.

“[Arizona] has always been home for me and it’s always been a market that really hasn’t been tapped into when it comes to this large-scale resort,” Grant Fisher, president and co-owner of VAI Global Development, told the Business Journal. “Choosing a city like Glendale that’s so pro-growth and you see the way Phoenix is trending, everything is pushing west, it was such a good opportunity as far as regionally, that’s why we chose Arizona.”

Edit: According to AZ Central article, it has recently topped out as well and opening up late 2023. AZ Central also has more renderings (and probably not behind a paywall)

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...s/10528938002/

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Oct 19, 2022 at 8:02 PM.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2022, 2:52 AM
Chase M

Steinhauer Properties the developer chosen by the city of Peoria to develop Stadium Point at P83 released updated renderings on their site.
https://steinhauerproperties.com/pro...stadium-point/

Old Posted Nov 18, 2022, 4:29 PM

After all this time the west valley is finally getting some height.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 1:41 PM

Flew in from Chicago right over all the stadium area development and thought ya’ll would appreciate some pictures from above!

Northern Development

Resort Development

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 3:49 PM

AZ says developers lack groundwater for big growth dreams in the desert west of PHX

Hopefully this doesn't get too political but I'm glad the report was released, offering full-transparency into future water availability in the Buckeye area.

Building further out West is about to get more expensive...

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...x/69796936007/
Quote:
A newly released state report on groundwater supplies under the desert west of Phoenix signals difficulty ahead for developers wishing to build hundreds of thousands of homes there.

It also signals the start of an effort by Arizona’s new governor to shore up groundwater management statewide. Gov. Katie Hobbs released the modeling report Monday afternoon, and it shows that plans to add homes for more than 800,000 people west of the White Tank Mountains will require other water sources if they are to go forward.

The Arizona Department of Water Resources had developed the model showing inadequate water for much of the development envisioned as far-west suburbs, but had not released it during then-Gov. Doug Ducey’s term. Hobbs mentioned it during her State of the State address, along with other initiatives, including a new council dedicated to updating the state’s 1980 groundwater protection act for a new era of scarcity.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Hopefully this doesn't get too political but I'm glad the report was released, offering full-transparency into future water availability in the Buckeye area.

Building further out West is about to get more expensive...

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...x/69796936007/
Yeah, if nothing else I'm glad to see the 100-year requirement being enforced.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 3:46 AM
Chase M

I know Peoria has been trying to revitalize Downtown to be more like Downtown Chandler and Gilbert but they seem to get a lot of pushback from people in that area. I wonder if they should focus on making the Arrowhead/P83 area their new Downtown, it just makes more sense since that’s where a lot of the investment and development seems to be heading.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseM View Post
I know Peoria has been trying to revitalize Downtown to be more like Downtown Chandler and Gilbert but they seem to get a lot of pushback from people in that area. I wonder if they should focus on making the Arrowhead/P83 area their new Downtown, it just makes more sense since that’s where a lot of the investment and development seems to be heading.
"Downtown" Peoria has been so thoroughly gutted that it effectively no longer exists. With the city's most recent demolition of the century old Edwards Hotel in 2021, there is simply nothing left. Turning around and wanting revitalization under an "old town" moniker seems a bit disingenuous, IMO. I hope I am wrong but the city has done so much damage that it will take a herculean effort to see even 1/4 of the success of Gilbert and Chandler.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 2:28 AM
Skyriser

The downtown isn't going away. It will always have that weird mix of land uses and parcels, the city government is still there, and there are a lot more historic buildings than I ever realized. If commuter rail ever comes through, it'll likely stop there as well. There's also a LOT of vacant land not near single family homes that could support higher density than the city typically sees. It would be a shame for the city to let the area continue to decline.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest