HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy1 View Post
Hey SouthCentralPa have you taken any pictures of any latest construction i.e. Katherine Hershey Early Childhood school on N. 6th street, PA Archives Building, Forum building?
Yes I have a few photos from a couple of weeks ago that I've been meaning to post. I will do that soon hopefully!

I'd also like to take a walk around Harrisburg sometime soon to get some photos of some of the other, smaller developments happening.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 3:07 AM

Harrisburg University Tower taken by me on 02/05/2023.

The Catherine Hershey School construction has started but it was difficult to get a good photo. Looks like they are doing earthwork and have also already poured some type of concrete wall (maybe part of the foundation?) on the 7th St side of the site.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 4:44 AM

Thanks SCPA you are the man.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2023, 2:28 AM

Old Posted Mar 12, 2023, 2:37 AM

Old Posted Mar 12, 2023, 2:49 AM

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 2:13 AM

Construction underway on North Queen apartment high rise

https://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...9a38af50c.html

New 12 story apartment building under construction in Lancaster! Used to work in the city, so I'm very happy to see this parking lot bite the dust.

Quote:
A suburban Philadelphia developer has started construction on a 12-story apartment building at the corner of Queen and Chestnut streets in downtown Lancaster.

Berger Rental Communities’ planned high rise at 202 N. Queen St. includes 142 units and 2,800 square feet of first-floor retail, all scheduled for completion in spring 2024. The developer declined to disclose the cost of the project.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 11:10 AM

Thats the Mosaic Right?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 12:18 PM

No, this is a different project. The Mosaic is a couple of blocks south of this building.

Here is the link to the Mosaic thread.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=245193

And here is the most recent update regarding the project.

https://www.wgal.com/article/new-20-...ounty/42722733

Willow Valley is aiming to have 70% of the units under contract before breaking ground. I believe at the end of 2022, 20% of the units had been sold. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't see groundbreaking until 2024. Expected completion of the Mosaic has been pushed back to 2026.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 12:20 PM

As always SouthCentralPA thanks for all your updates to this thread! It is much appreciated.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
https://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...9a38af50c.html

New 12 story apartment building under construction in Lancaster! Used to work in the city, so I'm very happy to see this parking lot bite the dust.

It's a shame this building was valued engineered so much, but in a market as small as Lancaster I guess the ROI is not great enough to justify spending so much on materials and the exterior design. Realistically, very few people are willing to spend $3,000 a month on rent to live in downtown Lancaster because the developer chose to invest in quality materials to use on the building's facade. I think Willow Valley is encountering this issue with the Mosaic.

Regardless, I love the density and I hope they can find an interesting tenant to fill the retail space to activate that section of Chestnut and Queen.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mville1 View Post
As always SouthCentralPA thanks for all your updates to this thread! It is much appreciated.
Glad you enjoy it. Nice to see you back mville1, it's been awhile!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mville1 View Post
It's a shame this building was valued engineered so much, but in a market as small as Lancaster I guess the ROI is not great enough to justify spending so much on materials and the exterior design. Realistically, very few people are willing to spend $3,000 a month on rent to live in downtown Lancaster because the developer chose to invest in quality materials to use on the building's facade. I think Willow Valley is encountering this issue with the Mosaic.

Regardless, I love the density and I hope they can find an interesting tenant to fill the retail space to activate that section of Chestnut and Queen.
Agreed, I would have liked to see the original height and the pedestrian bridge connecting to the parking garage. But you're probably right - there must not be enough market in Lancaster. It still is a decent sized building though. I would love to see this size residential building in Harrisburg! Maybe one day...

And agreed again regarding the commercial space. Seems to be a lot of demand in downtown Lancaster, but like you said - hope it's something interesting.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 3:27 AM

Actually they do have a 12 story building in Harrisburg, the old Jackson Lick building. I don't know why they don't remodel that building like they did the other.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy1 View Post
Actually they do have a 12 story building in Harrisburg, the old Jackson Lick building. I don't know why they don't remodel that building like they did the other.
I meant new construction. I think we are a long time away (if ever) from seeing a new 12+ story residential building be built in Harrisburg.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 3:34 PM

While I was driving through Lancaster city today, I noticed a mobile crane sticking out above some buildings along North Queen Street above James Street. I completely forgot about the Queen Street Flats project located across the street from Penn Medicine LGH's hulking parking garage. It looks like they were setting steel for the second or third story of the medical office building, which is being constructed where the old YMCA building stood. As a reminder, here is what that project looks like:

https://www.hankingroup.com/case-stu...-street-flats/

Quite possibly this is my favorite project happening in Lancaster city right now. My only complaint is this project includes another parking garage! At least Hankin is hiding it in the center of the lot and surrounding it with buildings, so it won't be terribly noticeable from the street.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2023, 2:12 AM

^^ Nice, I never saw renderings for the project. Nice to see another lot be developed!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2023, 8:11 PM
Me?!?

Heartbreaking about the Broad St. Market and I have so many memories from there. Hopefully it gets rebuilt bigger and better:

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/0...wing-fire.html

The oldest continuously operated market house in the United States.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2023, 11:38 PM
somewhere in-between

Oh damn!

Maybe (hopefully) they can save the old masonry walls, and rebuild the rest.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2023, 2:13 PM
Me?!?

New Plan: Developer proposes 162 apartments for former Federal Building in Harrisburg

The 196,000-square-foot building would include 146 one-bedroom units, 14 two-bedroom units and two studio units, according to the proposal. The units would range in size from 604 to 1,377 square feet.

The plan also calls for possible first-floor commercial space, as well as amenities such as a fitness center, penthouse lounge, shared office space, a rooftop deck, a shared lobby and a parking deck with around 30 spaces.

https://theburgnews.com/news/new-pla...deral-building

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations