HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Forma West in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Toronto Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Toronto Forum   • Toronto Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 10, 2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwils01 View Post
Just because there is no news for about a month doesn't mean that they are cancelled, there is a lot of stuff involved in these processes especially for buildings such as these and it will take some time before the project can move forward. It needs financing, a developer, approval then building permits by the city, and then a sales centre and hopefully sales go well here.
Yeah, city planning application was submitted in today...total of 2709 units, 311 parking spaces, height on the three (86s, 84s, 82s) skyscrapers is unknown

Here you go...

266-270 KING ST W
OPA / Rezoning 12 276890 STE 20 OZ Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Nov 9, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands municipally known as 266 -322 King Street west for the purposes of a new mixed use development on three parcels. Parcel A would be developed with a 82 storey mixed use building complete with a six storey podium. Parcel B would be developed with a 86 storey mixed use building complete with a five storey podium and parcel C would be developed with a 84 storey mixed use building complete with a six storey podium. Parcels B and C would be connected by a below grade parking facility. A total of 2,709 dwelling units are proposed including the provision of 311 parking spaces to serve the development.

Last edited by Automation Gallery; Nov 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2012, 2:35 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
You spoke to soon.
No, you made claims you had no business making. You announced that they were super talls before knowing what the heights were. It worked out this time, but its misleading to state something as fact when you don't know. When you do stuff like that it calls into question every other post you make. Do you not realize that?

Old Posted Nov 10, 2012, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automation Gallery View Post
height on the three (86s, 84s, 82s) skyscrapers is unknown
I may be mistaken, but I remember seeing official heights for this trio ranging from 941 ft to 892 ft. Something like that, but I can't scare up the actual data.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
I may be mistaken, but I remember seeing official heights for this trio ranging from 941 ft to 892 ft. Something like that, but I can't scare up the actual data.
Been looking for something concrete myself on the heights but this is what I keep getting.

tower 1 - 272M - 82 floors, tower 2 - 284M - 86 floors, tower 3 - 278M - 84 floors.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 5:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOttTor View Post
Been looking for something concrete myself on the heights but this is what I keep getting.

tower 1 - 272M - 82 floors, tower 2 - 284M - 86 floors, tower 3 - 278M - 84 floors.
That would kind of fit what I remember seeing in feet. T1: 892 ft T2: 931 ft T3: 912 ft

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 6:02 PM
gettin' rich!

OK the application is in, we can list the heights on the thread title.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2012, 1:23 AM
Intergalactic Barfly

Those heights did not include the mechanical penthouse.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2012, 4:44 PM

I am surprised at the few number of parking spaces. Over 2700 units and yet just 311 parking spaces in the whole complex. That's a little under 9 units per parking space. I would imagine that for a development of this magnitude there would be more demand for somewhere to park.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2012, 4:59 PM

I hope this proposal is totally redesigned. It looks like the dog's breakfast imo.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2013, 1:20 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...onto_hume.html

Architect Frank Gehry and impresario David Mirvish would change face of Toronto
Combining art and architecture of the highest order, the David Mirvish-Frank Gehry project includes culture and condos in equal measure.

By:Christopher Hume
Feb 17 2013

Quote:
For a brief moment back in 2004, it looked as if the Art Gallery of Ontario might move into new a waterfront building designed by Toronto-born superstar architect Frank Gehry. That never happened. Instead, Gehry was commissioned to remake the AGO’s long-time premises at Dundas and McCaul Sts. That project turned out splendidly, but it wasn’t quite the triumphal homecoming one might have wanted for this city’s most celebrated architectural son.

But now Toronto has a second chance at a Gehry. Thanks to impresario David Mirvish, the Santa Monica-based architect could have another kick at the can. The two have hatched a scheme that would transform the north side of King east from John to just past Duncan St. Plans call for three 80-storey condo towers atop a five-floor podium filled with shops, restaurants, office and major new art galleries, one featuring Mirvish’s collection and the other work by staff and students of the Ontario College of Art and Design University.

The proposal was launched last October, and since then, the discussion has focused largely on the height of the towers and the fate of a handful of early 20th-century warehouses and the more recent Princess of Wales Theatre. The city is standing firm on the need to preserve heritage and, of course, the locals will take care of the height issue...

“The podium will be a single architectural expression,” Gehry’s associate and amanuensis, Craig Webb, said in Toronto last week. “Frank wants it to reinforce the cultural flavour of the neighbourhood and activate the space around the project. He also wants it to look like a cloud. Now we have to figure out how to make that.”

The tower-on-the-podium model is familiar to Torontonians; it has been the template for condo development for years. As well as looking like a cloud, the base of Mirvish’s complex will include a major cultural component, the Princess of Wales Centre for the Visual Arts. Mirvish’s intention is to display his large collection of abstract art, specifically Colour Field painting, and to create a place of study.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2013, 2:45 PM

Jenga!!!!

Old Posted Feb 18, 2013, 9:28 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

I agree with yaletown. This is not Gehry's finest work. Aside from the middle tower, the massing is just careless and jumbled. It has no flow to it whatsoever.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Feb 18, 2013, 9:33 PM

" MY GOD! " ANOTHER skyscraper?.... Don't people, in Toronto, know how to build anything ' lowrise ' ? At this pace, Toronto's going to become North America's version of Dubai.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2013, 9:38 PM

I like the heights (although would like a little extra) but not a fan of the design of the outer towers. Especially that one on the right in the image reposted by NYguy.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEORIA View Post
" MY GOD! " ANOTHER skyscraper?.... Don't people, in Toronto, know how to build anything ' lowrise ' ? At this pace, Toronto's going to become North America's version of Dubai.
We are building a lot of lowrise, most lowrise projects don't get much publicity because we focus on the bigger projects like this.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 12:00 AM

The heights of these towers, with the mech-penthouses are
West tower - 286m/938.3f Centre tower - 289.8m/950.8f East tower - 874.5m/914f.

Info found here, page 16: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2...file-56083.pdf

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redkey View Post
We are building a lot of lowrise, most lowrise projects don't get much publicity because we focus on the bigger projects like this.
I'd suggest, in fact, that some of the most elegant architecture coming out of the current condo boom in Toronto has been midrise in nature, rather than highrise. Toronto seems to do midrise quite well.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 8:09 AM

Love the design. It will fit in well with the Oxford Place.. http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=201934

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 5:02 PM

Thanks to Steely Dan for amending the title to include the firm heights.

With those floor counts I'd expect them to be higher, but I'll take them as is.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 9:02 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redkey View Post
True, and besides, Manhattan has 3 times as many high rises as Toronto.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction