HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 11:28 PM
Great White Norf

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Wow, what a sleazy tactic. It shows how little KIA cares about their customers. I wonder if this will shame them into releasing the vehicles?
[I]
Is your new car on a storage compound? Inside Kia's scheme to deliberately withhold deliveries

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kia-c...ales-1.7063216

"Hey guys, we don't want Corporate in Seoul thinking we are TOO successful for 2023, so we'll let these cars keep accumulating in storage lots til the new year" is the most oddball thing I've heard

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs View Post

"Hey guys, we don't want Corporate in Seoul thinking we are TOO successful for 2023, so we'll let these cars keep accumulating in storage lots til the new year" is the most oddball thing I've heard
Makes sense if you want to penny pinch on advertising and don't want to Seoul to stop the ad spend.

This is also yet another reason why the direct sales model by Tesla is proving to be better. No risk of shenanigans from other bastards in the middle.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 2:42 PM
The Vomit Bag.

What a bunch of assholes. Not that I was ever considering a Kia for my next car, but sure as shit, I never would now after this bullshit.

Oh, and how I hate the dealership model of selling cars. Finagle, haggle, prevaricate, upsell, charge absolutely eye-watering service fees and hard sell unneeded maintenance...

Video Link

"I'll talk to my boss" --- the absolutely required, pure BS line uttered by all car salesmen of all time.

I never get my vehicles serviced at the dealership.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 2:48 PM

I used a car buying service the last time I bought a car. I don't like the whole, "Let me talk to my manager," bullshit. He has a dealer's license. His fee was $250. I told him what I wanted, how far I was willing to travel to pick up the car and my tolerance for profit margin over dealer invoice.

Took 20 mins to pick up the car and sign the paperwork on the day of, at the closest dealership to my home.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
"I'll talk to my boss" --- the absolutely required, pure BS line uttered by all car salesmen of all time.
Not of all time, more a product of the last 20 years or so. Almost seemed to be concurrent with the ’Karen’ “Let me speak to the manager!!!” thing.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 8:52 PM
recession proof

I think this is a marketing stunt by Kia. Sales have been very slow at dealerships this fall. Or maybe there's a big recall on their vehicles we haven't heard about.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 6:47 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
I miss the cars that were prolific when I was a teen in the '80s and '90's, cars like Toyota Supras, Mazda RX-7's, 240Z's, I almost exclusively prefer the old Japanese cars, with a few exceptions
I gotchu

Pulled up to a Cars & Coffee this weekend.

Here are some of the more interesting old school builds.

One of my fav cars from the 90s. The SC300/430. Love the plate SCEEESH!

Interesting collection here. 4Runner, a couple of R35 GTRs, a 3000GT, and an Integra Type R.

MKIV Supra

Clean FD RX-7

AE86

Nissan Safari.

And of course, my car along with another buddy's SW20, parked next to a clean EK hatch.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 8:16 PM

It pisses me off that VW Group doesn't bring Skoda to North America. The new Superb is way better than anything VW itself brings to North America yet its their value brand in Europe.

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 8:27 PM

They look like Buicks

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
They look like Buicks
They strike a good balance between Japanese and German near-luxury marques. The interiors look amazing compared to Volkswagen products.

A nice portfolio of different products:
https://www.skoda.co.uk/

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
It pisses me off that VW Group doesn't bring Skoda to North America. The new Superb is way better than anything VW itself brings to North America yet its their value brand in Europe.
They won't bring those other brands here because:

1) They don't want brand dilution. This is also why we get Golf GT and R models. And not say SEAT's Cupra models.

2) They don't want to sell cars. Just SUVs. You'll notice the Superb uses the MQB platform and there's a bunch of other VW MQB models we don't get either.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 12:48 AM
Great White Norf

I've been fascinated by Skoda for years. Are these made in Czechia? I also like how that company makes trains/trams/streetcars

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
They won't bring those other brands here because:

1) They don't want brand dilution. This is also why we get Golf GT and R models. And not say SEAT's Cupra models.

2) They don't want to sell cars. Just SUVs. You'll notice the Superb uses the MQB platform and there's a bunch of other VW MQB models we don't get either.
Sad but true.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada