HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Salesforce Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 5:28 AM
Biased in a good way?

Some FANTASTIC shots:

(scroll through for more)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vexxed...ream/lightbox/

credit to Nick Ulivieri

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 2:09 PM

Got to fly on Friday for a client project, then took some extra time once i finished that to fly aroundd the city. I spent a few minutes looping around the projects along the river. Here are some of those shots.

I've got more posted here (Page 3 & 4 of the gallery)

(5.29.15)-May_Aerials-WEB-38 by Nick Ulivieri, on Flickr

(5.29.15)-May_Aerials-WEB-43 by Nick Ulivieri, on Flickr''

(5.29.15)-May_Aerials-WEB-41 by Nick Ulivieri, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 2:21 PM
BANNED

^ Holy mother of pearl Much appreciated!

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 2:45 PM

damn!

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 3:10 PM

^^ Top image above... exhibit 1A for why Chicago is a world class city.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 3:55 PM
BANNED

what sort of client project has you flying?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrule View Post
what sort of client project has you flying?
I do a fair bit of commercial architectural work for developers, brokers, property management companies, etc. A majority of the shots go into sales kits/flyers that are sent out to prospective buyers. The shots I posted on my website were from my 'joyride' post photoshoot and aren't of my client project. I'm actually embargoed from sharing those until the sale goes through. Admittedly, those shots are pretty boring compared to these anyway, lol. Just a new retail strip mall on the North side of the city. I usually fly back after I capture the frames I need for my client, but with this project's proximity to downtown, and the amazing sky, I took additional time (on my own dime) to get these shots.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 4:33 PM
BANNED

^^^^Absolute sickness on so many levels I wanna check out the riverwalk so bad now.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 10:58 PM

"Admittedly, those shots are pretty boring compared to these anyway, lol. Just a new retail strip mall on the North side of the city."

Please please please do not let it be on Broadway in Edgewater or anywhere else really if it doesn't have residential as well.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 12:26 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexxed82 View Post
I do a fair bit of commercial architectural work for developers, brokers, property management companies, etc. A majority of the shots go into sales kits/flyers that are sent out to prospective buyers. The shots I posted on my website were from my 'joyride' post photoshoot and aren't of my client project. I'm actually embargoed from sharing those until the sale goes through. Admittedly, those shots are pretty boring compared to these anyway, lol. Just a new retail strip mall on the North side of the city. I usually fly back after I capture the frames I need for my client, but with this project's proximity to downtown, and the amazing sky, I took additional time (on my own dime) to get these shots.
hmm i wish we had interesting clients. software consulting is very dull.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 3:43 AM

My pictures pale in comparison to vexxed82 (Nick's) imagery, but it's what I've got and took today.

06/01/15

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 5:18 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCguy View Post
"Admittedly, those shots are pretty boring compared to these anyway, lol. Just a new retail strip mall on the North side of the city."

Please please please do not let it be on Broadway in Edgewater or anywhere else really if it doesn't have residential as well.
I would assume it is New City... not exactly a strip mall, but leaves a lot to be desired.

Then again, maybe a piddly strip mall owner has delusions of grandeur and decided to pony up for some aerial shots.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I would assume it is New City... not exactly a strip mall, but leaves a lot to be desired.

Then again, maybe a piddly strip mall owner has delusions of grandeur and decided to pony up for some aerial shots.
No residential use on this project. One of the reasons they wanted aerials is to showcase the surrounding markets & proximity to downtown - in addition to the structure - for sales purposes. I was able to get some cool shots of the property with the skyline in the background, and the client was completely satisfied.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 4:10 PM
you know where I'll be

^ To add to the chorus - stunning shots and thanks for posting!

bKL is incredibly talented. I can't wait for cladding to begin at 200 N Michigan, and for New HoJo to rise.....and to see what else they're currently cooking up (anybody hear anything about LSE "O"......that one's bumming me out that there's no movement.......actually, come to think of it, it's a weird gap right now in LSE development (not including schools, let's take that separately)......at this particular point in the cycle, I'd think Magellan would have at least one, if not two towers under construction at most or all times. Now, clearly they're busy elsewhere - with Wolf Point West - and HoJo presumably about to start - but it's strange that they're not fast-tracking something at LSE (of course they have a very large development waiting in the wings - but honestly that could be a good 12-18 months before Wanda commences).........

Last edited by SamInTheLoop; Jun 2, 2015 at 4:30 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 4:45 PM

^^^ I have a feeling that a lot of the delay is related to Wanda. They might even be waiting on the Gems school because they are working out last minute changes in how it will connect to and relate to Wanda.

I heard a rumor that the hotelier (Commune Hotels) for Site O dropped out, but it was from an only marginally reliable source. The delay would certainly suggest there is some noise on that deal.

I would much rather Magellan take their time and get Wanda done than crank out a bunch of smaller stuff and see Wanda die on the vine.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
^ To add to the chorus - stunning shots and thanks for posting!

bKL is incredibly talented. I can't wait for cladding to begin at 200 N Michigan, and for New HoJo to rise.....and to see what else they're currently cooking up (anybody hear anything about LSE "O"......that one's bumming me out that there's no movement.......actually, come to think of it, it's a weird gap right now in LSE development (not including schools, let's take that separately)......at this particular point in the cycle, I'd think Magellan would have at least one, if not two towers under construction at most or all times. Now, clearly they're busy elsewhere - with Wolf Point West - and HoJo presumably about to start - but it's strange that they're not fast-tracking something at LSE (of course they have a very large development waiting in the wings - but honestly that could be a good 12-18 months before Wanda commences).........
God just seeing how awesome the west tower has become I'm really hoping the south and east tower get built soon. They are still by far the best undev land in Chicago.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 5:41 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
^^^ I have a feeling that a lot of the delay is related to Wanda. They might even be waiting on the Gems school because they are working out last minute changes in how it will connect to and relate to Wanda.

I heard a rumor that the hotelier (Commune Hotels) for Site O dropped out, but it was from an only marginally reliable source. The delay would certainly suggest there is some noise on that deal.

I would much rather Magellan take their time and get Wanda done than crank out a bunch of smaller stuff and see Wanda die on the vine.

Commune is in fact out of the deal completely.....heard from a very reliable source........sorry, thought I had mentioned that previously maybe I'd forgotten to.............

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post

Not to mention the Mandarin Oriental site which has gone NOWHERE.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2015, 5:51 AM

06/03/15

Old Posted Jun 4, 2015, 7:26 PM

This building is great. Simple, but classy. Proud and prominent but not gaudy. I love it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive