HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Country View Post
Agreed. Love the renderings. I hope it gets underway soon.
This project is already clearing the land. The 31 story apt bldg next door has it's lot recently cleared. It will be fun to see these two go up at the same time.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 5:11 PM

There is now more new rendering details on the three tower project called Dallas Gateway by Portman Holdings.

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...22_Reduced.pdf

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 5:23 PM
BANNED

The beer belly makes this look like a baby version of Manhattan West.

This area of Dallas is much nicer than the traditional downtown IMO.

P.S.: Any news on the Goldman Tower? Is that supposed to be close to this?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 5:46 PM
DENNAB

Nice project! Good to see Dallas fill in a bit

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post

Last I heard was a corporate campus no taller than 15-20 stories.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 6:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Last I heard was a corporate campus no taller than 15-20 stories.
Will the Goldman portion of the project be one 15-20 story tower? That's better than nothing.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 8:26 PM

Quote:

As Dale said, the Goldman "Tower" is expected to be in the range of 15-20 stories in a suburban office campus type layout. It's about a mile from the Portman's proposed project.

There are still inhabited apartments on the site of the Goldman "Tower". Not sure if thy have started terminating occupancies.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 12:27 AM

Quote:
As Dale said, the Goldman "Tower" is expected to be in the range of 15-20 stories in a suburban office campus type layout. It's about a mile from the Portman's proposed project.

There are still inhabited apartments on the site of the Goldman "Tower". Not sure if thy have started terminating occupancies.
Did the developer say "suburban" or just "campus"? A campus setting can still be urban. I assume what they mean is that the park space will connect the different buildings at ground level. I don't think any type of setbacks or surface parking lots are included in the proposal.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2022, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Did the developer say "suburban" or just "campus"? A campus setting can still be urban. I assume what they mean is that the park space will connect the different buildings at ground level. I don't think any type of setbacks or surface parking lots are included in the proposal.
It was not the developer who said it. It was the representative from the City's economic development department. But she definitely said "This will not look like the typical Dallas high-rise. It'll look more like a suburban campus"

Old Posted Sep 6, 2022, 10:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:
It was not the developer who said it. It was the representative from the City's economic development department. But she definitely said "This will not look like the typical Dallas high-rise. It'll look more like a suburban campus"
Will it be at the same site on Field Street or will it be in the suburbs like Schwab’s new HQ?

Old Posted Sep 10, 2022, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Will it be at the same site on Field Street or will it be in the suburbs like Schwab’s new HQ?
It will be on the Field Street site.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2022, 5:57 PM
BANNED

Thanks. So is this shorter tower definitely getting built? I like Dallas. I go there periodically for work.

As a New Yorker, to me, it’s small and quiet, but pretty much every place is compared to NY. Nonetheless, there’s something about it that really appeals to me. Same with its cousin, Fort Worth.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks. So is this shorter tower definitely getting built? I like Dallas. I go there periodically for work.

As a New Yorker, to me, it’s small and quiet, but pretty much every place is compared to NY. Nonetheless, there’s something about it that really appeals to me. Same with its cousin, Fort Worth.
Are you referring to the 15-20 story proposed building for Goldman Sachs? There is really nothing definite yet. AFAIK, there is not yet a final agreement between Hunt and Goldman Sachs regarding this project.

I believe so far Hunt has obtained some zoning approval, City Council has approved conditional subsidies, and Hunt has stopped leasing apartments.

It does seem very likely the G-S building will be built, but given what has happened (and not happened AFAWK) so far and the extended time line (per the subsidy agreement with the City, the building structure doesn't have to be completed until December 31, 2027, with occupancy by December 31, 2028), it's a bit premature to say it is definitely happening.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 4:43 PM
Voice of the Modern World

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 4:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Are you referring to the 15-20 story proposed building for Goldman Sachs? There is really nothing definite yet. AFAIK, there is not yet a final agreement between Hunt and Goldman Sachs regarding this project.

I believe so far Hunt has obtained some zoning approval, City Council has approved conditional subsidies, and Hunt has stopped leasing apartments.

It does seem very likely the G-S building will be built, but given what has happened (and not happened AFAWK) so far and the extended time line (per the subsidy agreement with the City, the building structure doesn't have to be completed until December 31, 2027, with occupancy by December 31, 2028), it's a bit premature to say it is definitely happening.
Thanks. I was referring to the 15-20 story GS tower.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 8:13 PM

Field Street Development

83-story skyscraper downsized for two ~50-story high-rises. Goldman Sachs HQ also pictured, begins early next year (lower right along the curve)

https://borderlessandbeyond.com/gold...near-downtown/

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 10:39 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

Honestly this is a good sign, like it's a real project and not vapor. I hope they actually intend to build those twins though and not just the midrise office which seems pointless in the work from home era.

Are they going to dig an underground garage here or will the finished product have big ugly ass podiums?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 12:44 AM

Just in: The two x 50-story tower project has been downsized to four x 25-story towers. Don’t mind me, just reading the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Field Street Development

83-story skyscraper downsized for two ~50-story high-rises. Goldman Sachs HQ also pictured, begins early next year (lower right along the curve)

https://borderlessandbeyond.com/gold...near-downtown/

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 1:06 AM
Unicorn Wizard!

Quote:
Just in: The two x 50-story tower project has been downsized to four x 25-story towers. Don’t mind me, just reading the future.
Lol

That would be typical, yes.

Hopefully what is rendered here gets delivered though, it kind of looks like the multi-tower projects in Jersey City or LA. Finally Dallas in the big leagues for residential projects with a bunch of units.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 2:09 AM

Parking will be underground. I feel like this is more to scale with the surrounding neighborhood. I never thought an 80 floor building would look right in that spot, so I actually like this better. Any buildings of substantial height belong downtown. It's just too haphazard looking to have random tall buildings scattered around. We don't want to be Houston.
It will be nice when that surface lot connecting to this property becomes a transit station.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations