HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 12:52 AM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I'm a doctor. Forget driving. You are damned right I thought about the possibility of infection every time I treated an infectious person and it happened at least once (my TB test turned positive).

People who understand infectious disease respect it.
It’s a little different when you work in a hospital around people who are 100 percent positive for something. People who are obsessed with masks or are in fear seem like they think every single person has rona. My point being, do you think every single time you’re driving that you have a 100% of dying? No you don’t, that would be insane, just like being in fear because someone doesn’t have a mask on will for sure kill you. Reminds me of the people who will see you walking down the sidewalk and because of rona they cross the street. That’s nuts and completely irrational. IE my original point, do people act this way about the myriad of other ways that would have a greater chance of killing most not elderly people? No they don’t. The fear of covid is irrational and completely overblown.

Now, if this were a much much more deadly virus than of course the fear would be rational, but it’s just not to majority of people.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
The years when you are physically and mentally capable of any activity. In contrast to old age, when at least physical decline limits what you can do.
That’s just dumb as most of you’re trolling comments.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 1:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvATX View Post
The marijuana chat was better than this garbage above. ^^^ what is the “prime of your life”?
ummm...basically someone who isn't afraid of dying from every little thing in life?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 1:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
sure, you probably won't get cancer by going out to eat in a restaurant that has smokers. But the waiters might.
True.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
True.
There aren’t restaurants that have smoking sections anymore. Please source this.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 1:22 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
That’s just dumb as most of you’re trolling comments.
Is it dumb? There are a set number of years where people are the most healthy and active and they tend to be their younger years. I totally get 20's and 30's becoming restless with the lockdowns and the constant fear when that age bracket is far down the list as the most vulnerable to Covid. If they are vaccinated, even less of a reason why they should continue not living their lives. Their odds of contracting/ spreading Covid are negligible.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 1:38 AM

Quote:
There aren’t restaurants that have smoking sections anymore. Please source this.
Huh? Why do people keep implying I said things that I never said.

Where did I mention that restaurants have smoking sections now?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 2:31 AM

Quote:
sure, you probably won't get cancer by going out to eat in a restaurant that has smokers. But the waiters might.
See, again, people seem to forget about THE WORKERS. Prior to smoking bans at restaurants and indoors at workplaces, workers were exposed to second-hand smoke every work day.

I'm old enough to remember when people were allowed to smoke inside of break rooms. I had to deal with that on my first job when I was 17.

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 2:39 AM

Quote:
No they won’t. This conversation has turned bad.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 4:31 AM

Quote:
No they won’t. This conversation has turned bad.
The whole reason smoking is banned in workplaces like restaurants is because the employees were getting cancer from second-hand cigarette smoke.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 12:54 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
See, again, people seem to forget about THE WORKERS. Prior to smoking bans at restaurants and indoors at workplaces, workers were exposed to second-hand smoke every work day.

I'm old enough to remember when people were allowed to smoke inside of break rooms. I had to deal with that on my first job when I was 17.
Yes, but workers can still wear masks

I spent the entire last 14 months being within inches of people’s faces, with their masks off (but mine on).

I didn’t need a new law made by a bunch of pandering hacks to protect me. I did my job and.....I and 100% of my colleagues didn’t die! Holy cow, how did that happen?

Nobody needs fake protection from people who don’t really care about them. What they need is a more confident economy that improves job prospects so that they can move up in life, and they aren’t stuck working at a restaurant teetering at bankruptcy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 2:32 PM
你的媽媽

^

That’s weird. Every hospital and clinic here requires all people, patients and healthcare workers, to wear masks inside the facility.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 3:18 PM
Environmental Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
You guys really need to chill out. You actually think about your risk of exposure if you see someone without a mask on? Really? Do you worry about your risk to your life every time you drive? You have a much more statistical probability of getting killed or maimed in a car accident than dying from covid if you under 80. You could walk down the street and a tree branch could break and kill you. Do you worry about slipping in the bathtub and breaking your neck every time you take a shower? You could die at any second without warning from a stroke or a blood clot to the lungs. Eating too many tasty burgers and fries could lead to obesity and heart failure or diabetes. You could get trapped in your room at night during a house fire, do you worry about all of these things constantly?
Do you read? I am not worried about catching covid from some hotel lobby clerk that doesn't wear a mask. I understand the risk of exposure to me from a brief encounter is very low, but if I get a snide comment for wearing one you better believe I will be in your face with something to say back. Nothing pisses me off more than someone being rude to somebody for wearing a mask. You don't need to explain to me what is daily life activities pose a risk and what don't. I don't need your splaining. And guess what on an anecdotal level I did have a relative die suddenly from a stroke that was a result of a blood clot brought on by covid.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 3:23 PM
Environmental Sabotage

Quote:
Which is over-blown. No one is going to get cancer from eating at a restaurant that allows smoking.
I think it is more about the workers who are exposed every single day on their 8 hour shift. I think smoking bans are going too far now but I wouldn't eat in a restaurant or go to a bar that allows smoking. Not because I am afraid of cancer but the cigarette smoke really makes for a shitty experience and is annoying as hell.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 3:33 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
^

That’s weird. Every hospital and clinic here requires all people, patients and healthcare workers, to wear masks inside the facility.
I have my patients pull down their masks when I need to examine their nose and mouth

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 7:43 PM

The Texas panhandle, lower Michigan, Minnesota and the NY/NJ/eastern PA area continue to light up like neon signs:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

And this is in spite of NJ especially doing very well in getting its population vaccinated with 40% now having had at least 1 shot. I admit I find that disturbing. I would expect to see at least some tamping down effect by now.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 9:45 PM

What is going on specifically in Michigan?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 9:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
What is going on specifically in Michigan?
The state line of MI with OH/Indy is noticeable. That is puzzling, the shading should blend along borders.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 9:58 PM
BANNED

I just heard today that the wife of a friend of mine tested positive. She works at a pharmacy clinic, has been fully vaccinated was one of the first in line; tested positive for Covid this week. She had some symptoms, which is an automatic test per company policy, tested positive and recovered in 2-3 days.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
The Texas panhandle, lower Michigan, Minnesota and the NY/NJ/eastern PA area continue to light up like neon signs:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

And this is in spite of NJ especially doing very well in getting its population vaccinated with 40% now having had at least 1 shot. I admit I find that disturbing. I would expect to see at least some tamping down effect by now.
Over the last 7 days my former state of Arkansas saw the least amount of new cases per 100k!

Arkansas 5
Illinois 26
Michigan 74

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions